1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you watch other NBA Teams on TV?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rvpals, Jan 18, 2010.

Tags:
?

Do you still watch other NBA game/teams beside Rockets?

1. Yes

73 vote(s)
    76.0%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. rvpals

rvpals Member

A friend asked me recently, do you watch other NBA teams/games beside the Rockets any more?

Although I still love basketball, NBA has becoming so unwatchable recent years (with the refs, conspiracy of having big market team winning vs small market team, betting on games, allow a lot of physical play sometimes game look like a wrestling match instead of basketball).

I have only watch Rockets and I find myself watching other teams less and less.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i'll watch a few teams play

thunder, clippers, wolves

but its rare for me to watch a full game from beginning to end that is non-rockets related

the teams above i'll watch like a half or quarter

3. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

If its on National tv, then Im always down to watch as long as its not two scrub teams like NY, NJ, etc.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I watch games on the league pass nightly.

Been watching a ton of Kings/Sixers/Raptors games since the rumors started to get a better feel for the players. Also watch any of the premiere matchups.

5. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I watch some here and there. Not usually whole games, but I'll tune into the fourth quarter of a tight game if one is on.

Once the trading deadline rolls around and I start up the Magic Number thread, I watch a lot more, flipping back and forth between 5 or 6 games.

With 2 small kids and my wife working 5 nights a week, I'm too damn tired to watch any more.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Atlanta/Miami/New Orleans - local coverage

Sometimes, the national games on TNT or ABC. Can't stand coverage ABC/ESPN though. It's almost like they are trying to intentionally make bad NBA coverage, and some of it is me comparing it to TNT...as well as NBC and CBS.

7. rawool

rawool Member

When I used to bet on games, I would flip back and forth between games. I just watch Rockets for now, with the occasional fourth quarter tight game watch.

8. RyanB

RyanB Member

yes
    not as often as Rockets game of course
    but with Houston struggling these previous games, i watch :
    Thunder, Atlanta, Lakers,Kings
    the Hawks, Kings and Thunder are good to watch and surprising teams this year

9. chosans

chosans Member

It depends on how much time I have to spend, with work and school taking a lot of time, it's hard to watch games. Plus I find it impossible to watch a full non Rockets game because of all the whistle blowing and commercials, it just drags out too long, so I'll watch second halves or just the fourth quarter, where the refs don't call as much fouls.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Interestingly, all of the games I watch tends to have other (I.e. Non Rocket) nba teams.

Some games have two of those. Most games have one.

11. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

The Raptorsss

12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Here in Mexico only shows 2 or 3 rockets games per season, so I have to watch other teams if I want to watch basketball on tv, they only have 2 games per week, so If the game is interesting I watch it.

13. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Ill like to watch the Jazz lose...

14. MONON

MONON Member

Since I'm out here in the middle of Spurs country, I'll watch the Spurs also. MLK day I watched the Spurs during the Rockets commercials & after the Rockets game was over. On a side note, the S.A. CBS station is the official Spurs station & carries some 7:30 pm games. They air the regular CBS lineup starting at 2am. My wife is a CBS prime time junkie & this pisses her off to no end. We tape the lineup & watch them the next day, but she still grumbles a lot.

15. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Occasionally, usually only if I have players on my fantasy team in the game.

16. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

There should be an option for 'every once in awhile'. If it is going to be a good game, I may watch part. I'd say I watch (not including playoffs/finals) around 5-10 other games each season. Alot of those games are only the 2nd half (or 1st half if it's a blowout).

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I extensively watch other NBA games not involving the Rockets.

There are 3 main ways to be an NBA fan:

1 Follow your team only, know them inside-out and immerse yourself

2 Follow the NBA in general and keep track of teams, players, events all around the league without clinging too much to one team.

3 Both of the above.

If you don't like NBA basketball that much, I understand why a person would do #1 only. But there is so much outside of what happens on the Rockets that is awesome (at least I think so). The Rockets don't play enough games for me to get my "NBA fix". Watching a couple of games each night (when time allows) is part of my normal routine.

At the same time, for people who are general NBA fans and don't immerse themselves in one specific team, they are really missing out on the ups and downs and the intense emotional experiences of having something at stake in the outcome of games. Without having 2-3 Rockets games each week that I'm totally invested in, the NBA would be boring to me.

I need the Rockets to play every other night or it feels like something is missing. I hate it when they have several days off in a row. They don't play often enough to satisfy my NBA craving and there isn't enough news and information for me about the Rockets.

18. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I watched quite a few Blazers games while I lived in Portland. But I'm with Yoyo, very few games from beginning to end. But I don't have league pass or NBA TV either.

19. jackeywan

jackeywan Member

I watch Denver, Lebron James, Iverson, heat's as well lakers...I like see the show-time of super NBA Stars,...aha :grin:

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

I like Portland, and I love seeing any team beat the Jazz or the Mavs, a kind of sadistic pleasure. And seeing Josh Howard going teeth first into the stands is a special moment.