1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want to see Yao Ming as a Rocket next year ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Apr 12, 2011.

Tags:
?

Do you want to see Yao as a Houston Rocket next year ?

1. Yes

342 vote(s)
    78.8%
  2. No

92 vote(s)
    21.2%
  1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I personally think 76% of Clutchfans is either partially r****ded or Rockets employees told to come on here and vote yes. Thats just my my opinion.

2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I didnt write down (my) twice. So I dont know why it came back like that in the post after it was sent.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

So you take a look around the room and see that almost nobody agrees with you, so you come to the conclusion that everyone ELSE is r****ded.

Um-hmm. :grin:

2 people like this.
  4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yeah. Pretty easily too on the Yao Ming subject after the long track record to back it up. Pretty easily.

5. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

If you have a valid response? As to why your not a r****ded clutchfan voting yes by now? Please expand on how Yaos next year will be different from the last 4 years in a row and getting worse. Please. I would love to know how this time it would be different.

6. choujie

choujie Member

Actually Tmac is doing much better than he did one year before. He can help a lot teams as a bench player.

Nobody knows what will happen. Grant Hill had a longer history of injury and he's helping the Suns pretty well. You never know about Yao. But the key is what is the risk?

Given Yao's marketing ability, one million is risk free even if he can't step on the court anymore. It's nothing like 17 million which will tie up the salary cap.

Of course, it still depends on if Yao agrees to play for that or not.

7. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

but people on this board don't think that easy.

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Thats true.:grin:

9. choujie

choujie Member

I don't know how one can call others r****d when he can't even see the difference while others can.

The biggest difference: 17mil. vs. 1mil. One has huge risk, one has no risk.

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I didnt know this was for 1 million dollars? In that case yes. He wont resign for 1 million dollars though. He will be offered more elsewhere and probably alot more. I hope we dont match when that is the case.

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

For the vet minimum or something shockingly cheap, it's a no-brainer.

12. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

that's what I'm concerned about

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

By the way it does come with some risk. Yao gets healthy? He plays good for a while? Team wins? Then gets reinjured again and we lose enough to just miss the playoffs again by readjusting to new lineup without Yao. I can see that and thats is the actual risk I am talking about. Others cant see perhaps?

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Most of the posters here are not taking Yao's past into consideration. You all pretty much know that Yao is not going to be able to play and entire season injury free. Because of his past and because of his age. Look, i get it, Yao is a Houston sports hero. Still, he has a negative affect on the team when he gets hurt, whether hes getting paid big money or not. It is best to move on without him now. I like Yao as a person and would hate to see him on crutches again and again. I know it hurts him as well to see the team suffering when he could be out there helping. Besides, he is not as mobile as he used to be and we need a big man like that now. We should start looking for that mobile big man in the draft.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, if he's healthy and he's cheap, with a contract structured to reward the big fella if he's healthy. If Yao is healthy (there's that elusive word again!), we all know what he can do. A giant roll of the dice? Sure. It all depends on those feet and the contract. Frankly, I just dig having the guy around the team. He's a class act.

1 person likes this.
  16. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

For the 1000th time, let me repeat it's not about money. I don't care even if Yao would just play for a McDonald's happy meal. It's freaking time to move on. Can you get it?

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Now, T-Mac I would be willing to pay the vet minimum to have him back on the roster.

1. He's less of an injury risk than Yao.

2. It'd be easier to plug-and-play with a different swingman in his spot if he does get injured than it'd be to find a big man that could approximate Yao's role. So, an injury would be less disruptive to the game plan.

It's too bad Morey completely burned that bridge.

18. choujie

choujie Member

No. I don't get it. NBA is a business. There is no such thing as " it's freaking time to move on " unless there is a benifit.

Can you get it?

19. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

yah and our business sucks at wins

20. choujie

choujie Member

After two years without Yao in the lineup, I don't think another Yao injury would be that devastate like the year before. Other players are familiar with each other enough and know how to play without him.

And I don't think the team will build around Yao until he proves he can at least play for one full season without problem. The effect will be minimum.