1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want to see Yao Ming as a Rocket next year ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Apr 12, 2011.

Tags:
?

Do you want to see Yao as a Houston Rocket next year ?

1. Yes

342 vote(s)
    78.8%
  2. No

92 vote(s)
    21.2%
  1. choujie

choujie Member

Since vet min will be a no risk move for every team in NBA, Yao's market value will be higher than that. So I don't know if he'll settle for that.

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

He needs to be like B-roy right now and play as a sixth man off the bench at least for the first half of the season.

3. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I do not think the money is a big issue for Yao, if it is, then Yao can go to Heats for both money and title. Also Gold State Warriors should not have a problem to offer Yao for the more than vet min contract.

4. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

It's not about money. Let's say Yao joins the team and plays well at the beginning of the season. I have no doubt we will once again try to build our offense around this 7'6" offensive and defensive presence in the middle. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just being naive. Guys will once again start chanting championship again. As a result, we once again set ourselves up for disaster when his inevitable seasonal injury strikes again.

No, I don't want to go through such emotional rollercoaster again. Let's move on.

5. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

For the vet min? Sure why not. Who knows, maybe he can come back like Ilgauskas did and have a few productive years.

6. choujie

choujie Member

You are way too underestimate Mowry or coach. They know that already. Yao will be used differently even if he comes back healthy. Even at the beginning of this season, offense is not built around Yao.
    Make Yao a defensive anchar isn't going to hurt. Without Yao, Rocket's doesn't have a good enough defensive team to begin with.

7. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

8. BrandyonTX

BrandyonTX Member

Yes. Just don't want to pay him much

9. langal

langal Contributing Member

I think he's been out long enough where he won't become a distraction.

By all accounts, he's a good guy and teammate. Not like T-mac talking about starting after one Chicago workout.

You can do a lot worse for a 12th man. I would hazard a guess and say that most 12th men do not have that much impact on the team.

There is a chance that Yao can comeback and have a few good years in a limited capacity. Think Big Z in Cleveland.

It would absolutely suck if he took his talents to South Beach and would up playing a consistent 20-25 minutes a game. All because we didn't want to waste that 12th roster spot.

Very little risk here.

10. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

THANK YOU

11. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

okay, so what about last year? he was suppose to play "every other game" have you ever heard of any team do this before? What a joke of a system. And he still got hurt. and the next team he plays for, HE WILL GET HURT AGAIN. Yao probably could not walk the entire game without getting hurt. The Houston Rockets only get worse with Yao Ming as apart of the team. Let him go, and move on and build something new. His time here is done, and the fans that want him back.

Nothing personal against Yao.

I won't watch Rockets with Yao Ming in a uniform.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, because if Yao's taking up a roster spot, we won't be able to sign a difference-maker like Mike Harris. :rolleyes:

13. choujie

choujie Member

Really, nobody cares about if you are watching Rockets or not. If Yao in a uniform is the only reason you won't watch Rockets, probably you shouldn't watch it with or without Yao anyway.

Don't blame this year on Yao. Yao only played a total of 90 minutes of the season. The last two seasons told us: Rockets just isn't good enough without a healthy Yao. It's not Yao on the team hurting the Rockets, it's Yao not on the floor hurting it. Let Yao go for free will not solve any current Rockets problems they have.

14. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Nobody cares, yet you had to mention it.

There will never again be a such thing as a healthy Yao Ming.

And, yes having him on the team does hurt us. We need to move away from him. Build around something else. He even hurts us mentally as a role player. There is no point of adding another freaking role player "Yao"... that's basically all our team is made up of anyways.

And yes, he will get hurt again, so any money invested, will once again be wasted.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

For 1 million dollars. I still don't think he can survive a whole season and I'm a pretty optimistic guy.

16. choujie

choujie Member

I was replying to what you said yourself. You think I would care if you watch Rockets game or not? You think anybody on this board would care?

Now, it's funny that you still think Rockets is going to build around a vet min salary player, and it's even funnier that you would claim Yao hurts "us" mentally.

Don't overestimate youself. Nobody cares about if you watch Rockets or not, and most people are stronger than you mentally.

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I guess.[shrugs shoulders] Do I have a choice if Les Alexander wants him still? I am sure he would get enough support like the poll indicates either enough people would be nice and say yes because we are Houstonians or enough Rocket employees hired by less to stuff the rsults so we have to keep him happens. So wont be my problem again once next season starts with same problem with Yao. Just gonna watch and comment on ground hog day scenario that happens as a result of it.

18. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

what good does it do for Yao Ming to be a rocket on the court?

And yes it really bothers me that nobody cares about me watching the rockets.

19. choujie

choujie Member

Read my post here:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=6067196&postcount=40

A one-legged Yao with vet. min might have a higher trade value than you thought.

20. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

a well thought out post.

But I just think the damage has been done, and it won't get better. I don't think we get any better having him play for 1 dollar.

it's just me.. I've known to been wrong. But I'd just like to remove him from the entire equation, and start fresh.

If Yao and Tmac had healthy careers.... i think we could be wearing a ring right now? The Rockets really are unlucky.