1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want Rajon Rondo or are you content with Patrick Beverley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Dec 18, 2014.

?

Do you want Rajon Rondo or are you content with Patrick Beverley?

1. I want Rondo. His behind the back fake is so sick.

23.3%
  2. I do not want Rondo. Mr. 94 Feet is all we need.

76.7%
  1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

what rubbish, if anything Beverley's defence is over rated, because he is tenacious and hard at it, his defence is seen as great but it isn't really that great

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Rondo DO NOT WANT.

Upgrade at PG ... or upgrade the depth of the position , sure.

Just don't think Rondo fits here.

3. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

Rondos on ball isnt as great as it seems. His pick n roll isnt bad. But Bev is better than rondo on D. Even if both are overrated , Bev has the edge. Watch rondo play please.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Rondo's defense is completely overrated, this season players are shooting better than normal from everywhere on the court simply by having Rondo attempt to guard them. On average the "Rondo bump" is about 5% better than normal

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

This is stupid. Anyone who in untouchable is available for the right price.

You think OKC announced to the public that harden is available?

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

last year his defense was even worse, the "Rondo bump" was over 10%.

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i watch Rondo a lot, Patrick Beverley is not as good as Rondo and people are foolish if they think he is

We need another play maker to help Harden out, when Harden gets shut down, we are stuffed and don't have anyone else to make plays

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Stats disagree with your eyes.

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

don't over rate our players, Beverley is only better at shooting.....that is it

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
    In Rondo talks, Boston and Dallas discussing package including Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder and a first-round pick, sources tell Yahoo.

lol that is horrible and what is wrong with today's NBA, making stronger teams stronger and weaker teams weaker

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, stats disagree with your eyes, shooters shoot better than their season averages when they are defended by Rondo no matter where they are on the court.....he's not a good defender. That's not the case for Beverley.

12. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

I never said Bev was better overall. Just his defense. Rondo is a playmaker but his horrid shooting is not made for our style. like the man has only made 12 freethrows or something like that all season. Harden had 18 last night lol. Id rather keep Bev and upgrade at another position.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don't think many scouts/guys who know what they are talking about around the league would agree.

Just throwing it out there, Zach Lowe and Kevin Pelton discussed Rondo on a podcast today. They both agreed Rondo is not a good defender anymore.

As Lowe put it...

"Rondo being Dallas' best perimeter defender is like being the skinniest kid at fat camp"

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't want Rondo. And I am content with Beverley. What I am not content with is Canaan being our backup PG.

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'm content with bev as the starting PG. he's the best defender at the position. he's one of the best spot up shooters at that position, which fits so well next to harden.

still, rondo has that it factor, plus championship experience. too bad we missed out.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

repost