1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want Jimmy Butler?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jun 29, 2019.

?

Jimmy?

Poll closed Jun 30, 2019.
  1. Yes

136 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. alethios

alethios Member

If we don't try to turn him into a 3 & D kind of player, then yeah. He shoots a much higher percentage of 2pt shots than the Rockets typically do as a team, and he's not a high percentage 3pt shooter - last season, he was .338 from 3 but only shot 20% of his shots from the 3pt line. I guess this means that we need to allow more mid-range shooting in our offense to make him effective.

2. fattz

fattz Member

Even at a loss we would be better off long term and not much different in the short.

3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Lol at "don't see how he's any better than Gordon".

Has Eric Gordon been a multiple time all-star who's carried teams to the post season before??? Is he a 2 way threat????

Sometimes I wonder if yall think before yall post stuff

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Considering there are plenty of serviceable center options the Rockets can obtain with their MLE, I’d acquire Butler at the expense of Gordon and Capela. Having another elite perimeter defender and a third scorer/ball handler would be great for the Rockets. It improves the defense and reduces the workloads for Harden and Paul.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It's a no brainer... CP3 on the other hand might have single-handedly closed our title window with that contract.

6. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Jimmy got dog in him. He is a strong enough personality to hopefully influence Harden.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

8. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Jimmy and Jordan please join rockets
    Jimmy vs Leborn, Jordan vs AD, Cp3 vs rondo
    We have a Harden

Jimmy vs Durrant, cp3 vs curry, Harden vs Thompson, Tucker vs Dirty green
    Jordan vs Cousins
    Gordon vs igouda

9. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Jimmy can also be a legit starting 3 without creating a terrible mismatch for us on one end of the court. That was an issue for us we have an undersized 4 and playing 3 guards is why we were a bad rebounding team.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  10. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Watched a little of Jimmy's off-court antics on YouTube. He seems funny and legitimately likable. But he likes/craves attention. Like a lot, is my feeling. Plus he's immature. I think Riley is going to appeal to Butler's ego, tell him how appreciated he's going to be by the fans there... that the city will be his for the taking... that they'll build around him... and that in Houston he's never going to be looked up to like Harden, or even CP3, who's guaranteed to get under his skin at some point. With Riley's track record it might be enough.

I haven't seen Tilman operate but my fear is he'll come into the meeting acting every bit the cocky, pushy, frat-boy billionaire looking to get the upper hand, or he'll oversell him on the deal he can give him, which won't motivate Jimmy the same way it does Tilman's typical crowd. Ultimately the Rockets need to make Jimmy feel like he can be Jimmy on and off the court.

(Yes, I've enjoyed my evening so far.)

11. HP3

HP3 Member

bruh this is ice cold man lol man. Reeko you really not gonna miss them at all.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yes. 100%

High ceiling player. Playoff player

Keeps Championship window open multiple years.

Trust Morey to fill out the roster.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

You just might be the most negative person on this board man. I get it, Butler might not come here, but some of you guys need to chill with the doom and gloom stuff. Sheesh.

14. JW86

JW86 Member

No I will not. We can use the Non taxpayers MLE at 9 million and BAE so rather go for depth and we could still trade Capela and get a rotation player for him and sign a new starting center with that 9 mil perhaps. Looney might go for it.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

I definitely won’t miss EG...I’ll miss Capela a little bit since we drafted him and he improved so much during his time here, but once I see Jimmy Butler at his introductory press conference, I’ll get over that feeling real quick

16. Fantasma Negro

This may not age well but I don’t want Jimmy. I’m holding out hope the the Clint trade nets Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart. I think they fit what the rockets need right now. Butler is a bit overrated imo. I hope he gets the max because the players deserve to be paid but here’s hoping Philly or Miami get stuck with that bill