1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want Harden to be traded?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Clutch, Feb 12, 2016.

?

Do you want Harden to be traded?

1. Yes

27.0%
  2. No

73.0%
  1. malakas

malakas Member

If by next year we suck and we havent recruited durant and if morrey suspects harden wanna join la then yes. Lots of ifs.

2. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes. This is so true.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Honestly yes. I cannot wait for this era to be over. I just cannot accept his attitude. I am really trying to understand his mentality and accept his shortcomings, but I cannot shake the feeling that he's behind a lot of our problems and a very sneaky person who really does not care about winning. He just wants the lifestyle, the money, the big-booty ho's and if he can win a price here and there, that's fine. I'm not saying this is 100% accurate but I just cannot think differently. I do hope he will prove us wrong in the next 2 years, but I doubt it. Too much T-mac written all over him which is what I feared all along when it comes to his mentality.

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

Trading Harden for anything less than top haul would be such a mistake that we would be made more fun of than Presti when we got Harden from him. Do you really want to see Harden win a 'ship when he gets a real coach and a team tailored for him? While we middle around the 9th place in the west getting mediocre players again?

5. omgTHEpotential

That's actually beautiful basketball by McCollum.

6. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I see no reason to trade the best player we have

7. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

"In a vacuum"... I see what you did there.

8. Lando

Lando Member

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Yes, though that is a hard thing to say. It will be close to impossible to replace a player of his caliber, but I feel like he can't take us to the championship. Like he needs to be the 2nd best player. I think with the right coach and motivation that comes with age, he'll be a better player, but I'm ready to move on.

Of course, there was a time when Olajuwon was an immature guy not ready to lead his team to anything (Not that Harden is or ever could be Olajuwon-caliber, but he could be on a level like Clyde, who did make the finals as the lead man).

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We prob wouldn't see a player as good as him again for like 10 years. Trying to find a coach who won't take **** from him is probably a better bet.

11. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Typical clutchfans. OP says to answer the question in a vacuum and everyone proceeds to qualify their answers.

As for me I voted yes. In a vacuum I absolutely want to trade Harden. He plays zero defense and doesn't have a championship attitude.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It's too tough to get value back.

When he doesn't have his head up his ass, Harden is a top 5 player in the NBA.

When motivated, he was actually competing for the MVP (although Curry has gone into Hyper Warp Drive since then; even "Good James" couldn't reach him).

It's just been an ultra-toxic mix for the Rockets this year, just one abysmal crap thing after another. Started bad, stayed bad with glimmers of hope here and there, and ending with Dwight's mega-dumb ejections costing us three games in a row and ending with the team so hating to be around each other that they mailed it in against Portland (twice), only showing up for Golden State out of pride.

If Harden says behind the scenes that he wants out, that's one thing.

But even if Boston says, "Here's the Nets pick. And if it isn't top 2, here's the Dallas pick. And if it's the fifth pick, take our 1st rounder, too," well, you'll have David Lee's cap space.....but who you gonna sign in the offseason? Will free agents want to be here? Who will be the coach? And so on.

13. FeaR

FeaR Member

Probably Rockets will win a series in 20 years if Harden leaves.

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

Morey's vision is acquiring 3 stars and forming a super team. Trading stars does the complete opposite. Not only would you not get a dollar for dollar return for him, but he currently has one of the best contracts in the game for his value.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

honestly this is just starting to feel silly. Keep Harden. Keep Dwight. Tell these guys to grow up and start earning their money. geez. :rolleyes:

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

75%/25% no?

Reading the board, why is it not 100%/0% yes? :p

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No, but if trading him improves the team I can live with it.

18. ibm

ibm Member

because many are sissy girls, love to complain but feeble on real actions. :grin:

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That's what I don't get. The rockets have been jokes for a long time before harden got here. The Yao run was nice and we did have a chance in 09 but other than that we've been a pretty mediocre franchise.

It's not like we're the Spurs lakers or heat were we just aquire top talent all
    The time.

Ppl keep preaching about Lowry and those guys but why??? Those teams were the most frustrating seasons in a while. No Allstar always just missing the playoffs and not getting a high pick. I remember always wanting to tank with those teams and got mad that they would over achieve.

Since we got harden

1. Been to the playoffs every year
    2. Record and seeding has improved every year
    3. Advanced to the WcF for the first Time in 18 years
    4. Gotten every marque free agent to to sit down with us.

We never could get any free agent to even talk to us before we got harden. We had to send bosh a freakin iPad lol.

Do you guys not remember this stuff?

Trading Harden is not better than finding coaches and players to fit him better and hope for the best. At worst we make the playoffs every year and maybe go to the 2nd round every now and then. But the high end is so much higher than blowing it up for a lottery pick who may become a Allstar in 3-4 years and lead us to 45 wins and a playoffs birth. We already have that why do I want to wait 5 years again for that.

Look at Anthony Davis? His team is talented and they cant find a bucket to piss in. Why isn't he making his team better I thought he was the future? Sometime you have bad years this is one of them for us but we still can make the playoffs unlike davis and we still could get a 5-6 seed and have a chance to get to the 2nd round.

Keep H&H and lets rebuild around them. The top talent is there let's prove the outsiders wrong.

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

No

Haha, I guess we could make **** up. Sure, for LeBron and Kyrie, and then Curry for Kyrie. Obviously need to throw in Brewer and Lawson. :rolleyes:

So now that both of the polls are a "no" so far, lol... Why don't we put up the inevitable coach or Morey poll? Oh, right... JBB is the superstar coach that Morey likes so he can run this ****ty 3point/isoball garbage.