1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think you could take on a WNBA Player 1 on 1?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Storm Surge, Apr 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Do any of you guys think you could take a WNBA player 1 on 1 in a game of 21?

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Yes.

I can also beat them at cooking too.

I played agaisnt some McDonalds All Americans.

3. armyman7894

armyman7894 Member

any girl shorter than 6'3.

Bring it on! NO MERCY!

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I dont think I could take on a 6 year old now the horrible shape I'm in now. 2000 Cynthia Cooper would kick my butt. There'd be no way I could handle Lisa Leslie's length in the paint.

Me 5 years ago, everyone else is game. Chamique Holdsclaw or anyone...

Lauren Jackson I wouldnt mind losing to... :)

#4 Shroopy2, Apr 13, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  5. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

yeah..like the poster above, any of them shorter than I am(6'1"), I could probably just post them up every play. Remember when your dad used to do that when you were a little kid? That'd be me.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If they are 6'0 or less. If it is candice parker probally not.

7. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Yes. As long as they replace the buzzer with a kitchen timer.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have played some really good girls in my day. The thing is... Yes an average guy is better than them. But you have to understand that first of all... They are in game shape. So 1 on 1 its whatever. But if you are playing 5 of them they will run you all game long.

2nd, they play like they have something to prove. You think you can box them out and post them up? Not so easy. I have posted up against 6ft 8in players that put up less fight than some of the bottom heavy girls. They give 100% of their energy and use their ass to move you. So are standing there thinking, geez I am better than you, I can take you, but am I going to exert myself to this level just to get the spot? Be prepared to have to fight hard for that position, you will feel stupid doing it too. Thats why I never bother, I just go out to the perimeter. I am not about to break a sweat to post up a chick. You look stupid.

9. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Good fundamentals, no dunking? Bring it on. :p

10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i'll even take a shot of wild turkey after every shot she makes.

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson can double me all day.

12. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

No doubt. I've played with some D-1 players and they really just can't quite hang with the guys, at least the better guys.

13. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

I'd say there was a shoe sale at Saks and I'd win by forfeit.

14. brooksstephens

15. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

The average height of a WNBA player is 2" taller than me. That said, it really depends on two factors:
    1.) What shape am I in?
    2.) How tall is the player?

If I'm in great shape, I think I'd have a chance at beating a WNBA player 1 on 1. First off, men are physically stronger than women. And if I can get past my inhibitions about being gentle with women (a very difficult hurdle 'cause most of us were RAISED that way), I have no doubt in my ability to win based on strength alone. I'd have to play like Shaq, using not so much skill but sheer strength to dominate my opponents. Of course, this greatly changes if she's 6'2". I'm 5'9", and while I can post up friends of mine who are 6'0"+, it's still a liability. Still, it'd be a tough matchup, and I'd also be at 100%. She might have something to prove, but I just wouldn't want to get beaten by a girl. That's just something a guy can't live down. Even if she happens to be one of the best players in the world, has incredible skill, and could easily beat 99% of my friends, the fact that you were beaten by a girl makes you the target for a lifetime of mockery.

Still, I don't think I could knock her to the floor, foul hard, and use elbows for leverage. It's too ingrained in me to be gentle. I just don't think I could get rough and physical with a woman. Unless we're naked.

16. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Nice to see such a large percentage of the posters here in such deep denial that they think girls couldn't possibly ever beat them in basketball...

17. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Random D1 players and WNBA players are not the same thing.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I think I could put up a tight game -- a quick point guard would be tough, but a power forward or center would have trouble.

19. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

in bed yes.

20. bucket

bucket Member

Wow... I'd like to see everyone that's answered "yes" have to actually play a WNBA player. I think some people would get embarassed.