1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think texans are behind texans watson allegations?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IBTL, Mar 19, 2021.

?

Do you think texans are behind the watson allegations?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2021.
  1. Yes texans are behind this

13.8%
  2. No way texans at all are behind this

67.0%
  3. Maybe texans are behind this

19.1%
  1. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

It’s not that they planned it, it’s that they leaked it. I highly doubt the Texans did it but you never know. You can imagine there’s plenty of professional athletes that find girls on social media to “massage” them. I’m sure there’s a lot that’s kept behind closed doors by teams.

raining threes likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, I think Watson paid for sex.

DD

Blatz and raining threes like this.
  3. raining threes

Looks like a few times.

Guy has a problem.

IBTL and Blatz like this.
  4. a time to chill

These allegations are a bit convenient for the Texans. Even though they tank the trade value they take the heat off of them. Before these allegations, the Texans were getting destroyed nationally in the media for their incompetence. Now the conversation is about Deshaun and his massages. I understand there is zero evidence of this and I'm deep in conspiracy theory land, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that the Texans could be behind these allegations. That Sports Illustrated article mentioned that some of the players believed that Jack Easterby was following them, so it's not impossible for an organization to sink this low to get what they want.

These allegations provide a convenient way for the Texans to distance themselves from Deshaun without having to weather the embarrassment of trading him or take heat from the rest of the NFL for starting the trend of caving into player demands. If these allegations go away the Texans can trade him to another team probably for less of a return but under less scrutiny than they would've faced before the trade. The motive is definitely there.

Let's face it, our only hope of having a competently run franchise anytime soon is for somehow Rusty Hardin to prove that Jack and Cal are behind these allegations so that the league will have to force them to sell the team.

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

1/3 of the board think the team is that bad that yes or maybe..

Again i challenge anyone here to name a single team in history besides chicago black sox that as much as a third would think capable of concocting a sex assault?

That is a wowzer folks and puts texans as a true party of 1 in their own class..

Cheers fellas good one

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Or maybe Watson took a hit to his image now, but imagine this: Texans released him, then he signs a massive deal with Patriots/Packers or any big market, and then the charges are dropped, and he regains all his sponsors, because all the charges were false.
    And Watson gets what he wanted, to get released, and to play for a big team now, while Texans doesnt get anything for him, so Deshaun wins?

So the motive is there for Deshaun too.

7. a time to chill

Now that's just crazy.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is dumb.

They didn't want to distance themselves from him. If he never brought up a trade demand, there would have been absolutely ZERO conversation around the Texans wanting to move on from DW.

Once he did bring up the trade demand, the Texans were firm on not wanting to trade him. ALL of the reporting from day one on that story was consistent - they are NOT listening to offers.

If it ever got to the extent they would listen to offers, the idea that they'd TANK his trade value just to get the spotlight off them is pretty crazy. It's ESPECIALLY crazy if you consider logic. Because logic would have dictated, IF the Texans knew about this, they'd FIRST trade DW, then leak it. Cause what could be better than trading DW to the Jets for 4 first, 2 seconds and a player?? Doing so, and then having DW sit out half a year or more because of this.

yes, because the fact that they didn't hire EXACTLY who DW wanted, despite the fact that we now know, outside of throwing the football, DW makes enormously moronic decisions, means they are stuck in incompetence.

I don't like the ownership of this team... but it boggles the mind that we are still on this "maybe the Texans did this?!?!" narrative.

primtim24 and raining threes like this.
  9. HardenVolumeOne

i'll just say this and im out

notice with these allegations againist watson, how on the other side of the country. Russell Wilson has suddenly dropped his desire to be involved in management decisions. And has dropped his trade request.. intresting

Maybe its not the texans but the NFL making an example of watson to stop those in the future who even had the thought to do what watson tried

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I don't think the NFL or any other team would directly orchestrate something as blatant as this... and in the end, Watson did have a lot of sex with unlicensed massage therapists/possible prostitutes so it doesn't really matter who leaked it... but I do think all owners had their eyes opened as to the possibility of player trying to pull this sort of power play in the future and will likely further their resolve to ensure it doesn't happen.

Holdouts are rarer now. More and more contracts getting guaranteed money tied into the signing bonus to allow for earlier releases. Unless the NFLPA grows a pair at some point over the next CBA, they will always have to defer to the owners wishes... there's just too many players in the league to cater to the few stars.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. You are idiot if u think the Texans are behind this. 22 women. Come on now. Plus, it destroys Watson's value in trade. Cutting him doesn't benefit the Texans (unless they can void his contract.....which again, destroys the possibility of recouping the draft picks given up for him). Who care was the National Media thinks. Texans don't. It is about what value Watson brings to you on the team OR back in draft capital. PLUS, Buzbee is trying to drag the Texans and the NFL in on this to maximize his pay day. Trust me, the Texans legal team knows this.

Your Texans' hate is making u irrational.

joshuaao and Blatz like this.
  12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

lol thats crazy, but the Its very logical that the Texans who didnt want to trade him by not picking up the phone would hurt the value of their future QB, or lower the value.

sounds more logic:
    Deshaun gets released,
    signs with the Patriots, San Francisco, Pittsburgh,
    charges are dropped,
    in 2 or 3 years wins a superbowl,
    and nobody remembers about this incident, because he just won a superbowl, and now is the face of the league, and you get a Mahomes vs Watson rivalry. while Watson gets his sponsorships back.

And the league mocks the texans for releasing him. and get nothing in return.

And I still think Jack and Cal are very incompetent and dumb, to run this franchise, and I want them gone but I dont think they did this.

13. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Has Sidney and Rudy chimed in yet? They can't be far behind after what I just stumbled across, Watson, Dominion, tables, cheap and rowe vs wade... >>>>>>Link Here<<<<<< It is all there...

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

it's not the texans. this is buzbee being opportunistic off inside information he chanced on.

15. a time to chill

I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed the Jack Easterby or the Texans sent the tip to Buzbee that Deshaun was seeing these masseuses. Dude was getting death threats before this and now no one is asking why Easterby is still hired. The Sports Illustrated article said something about players suspecting that he was having them followed, so Easterby could've gotten some dirt on Deshaun.

If that conspiracy theory is true it worked because Deshaun's reputation is damaged now and no one is talking about Cal McNair or Jack Easterby.

And..Easterby was with the Patriots when Robert Kraft got caught at the Orchids of Asia Day Spa. Could he have set Kraft up?

I'm just connecting the dots here.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  16. HardenVolumeOne

you are making a lot of sense sad to say. jack esterby and cal were the most hated figures in houston prior to this, now they are hiding behind the curtains and letting this all roll out

a time to chill likes this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And the point of damaging his Reputation? You want to get value back if u are going to trade him. He has severely damaged value at the moment. The Texans do NOT want to release Watson for nothing. They don't care about the money, they want draft picks if they were going to move on from him.

That's why your assumptions make no sense.

18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Watson did whatever he did with a hundred masseuses... I don't think the Texans had any involvement in that... in fact they (Easterby) probably tried to stop it, which led to the conflict, Watson's social media outburst, and subsequent trade demand.

With that said, Watson tried to embarrass, humiliate, and publicly shame one of the most wealthy and prominent families in Houston. Sir Isaac Newton, in his Third Law of Motion, proved that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. McNair wasn't going to just absorb that attack without fighting back. His family was attacked by Watson and then smeared for weeks by countless athletes and members of the media. Did the Texans help accelerate the public release of Watson's sordid past with masseuses? Did the Texans guide the matter towards Tony Buzbee? You might argue that doing so would hurt the team's chances... which would be true... but family legacy and one's name will outweigh short-term performance considerations on the field... especially when we are pivoting towards tank mode...

Here's the bottom line: When you come at the King... you best not miss.

19. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson are in totally different classes as far as on the field success, as well as off the field stability. Russell Wilson is MARRIED to Ciara, he ain't out there getting massages or searching for sex on instagram. It was reported that he wanted more passing, and more involvement in personnel decisions, they made it work. His "wanting out of Seattle" reminded me much more of Kobe saying he would sign with the Clippers than "Deshaun has dug in on this". Russell Wilson is also much more of a proven commodity, he isn't being scared off of a trade request because of Deshaun Watson....

If the players REALLY thought the Texans were behind this, that players comments would be leading off SportsCenter for the next 3 weeks.

20. likestohypeguy

I wouldn't go so far as to say the texans are "behind" it, in that they're in cahoots with buzbee inventing two dozen cases from nothing. DW clearly did whatever he did with all those women, crossing the line and the law in at least some cases. Would not be surprised however if the texans helped facilitate in some way, after they knew for some time and maybe even protected him to some extent. Now just applied heat to that kernel of truth.

DW started a war he made clear there was no coming back from. The texans might consider the potential trade return assets acceptable losses, worth it to them (and loss of/damage to dw generally as an asset for the nfl especially) to go nuclear on him to restore order- someone mentioned Russell Wilson above, suddenly getting back in line. You'd have to have already done something, to have something they could blow it up into. If you are perfectly squeaky clean, I'm not enough of a conspiracy theorist to think teams or nfl are paying off accusers & fabricating stories entirely from nothing.