1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think Sengun is the Rockets best player?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 26, 2023.

?

Is Sengun the Rockets best player?

1. Yes

81.0%
  2. No

19.0%
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

2. plegus

plegus Member

To be honest, I am waiting for the playoff as well to be 100% confident. I just cant, cant be sure before cuz Ive been watching NBA for 20 years and there are just too many examples to ignore. I LOVE his game but I am only 90% confident until then.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is what the Playoffs is about, every possession gets magnified like the Landale layup mishap against the Sixers......

plegus and Dredd like this.
  4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Before the season started, I had FVV as our best player because of his experience and track record (he was also a better player last season). But Sengun has clearly passed him now.

5. cumutk

cumutk Member

From the day he was drafted and started summer league games, he was, is and will be Rockets best player.
    This being best is about not foreshadowing or undervaluing Jalen or Jabari, Sengun was already a professional player and playing against grown man againts some of ex NBA players also.
    Green and Jabari do not have this background.

HardenReturns likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

@Yetti which three or four players would you rank higher than Sengun?

Any comment on the stats from Stathead?

[​IMG]

cml750 likes this.
  7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Sengun is going to make the playoffs when he’s 21 or 22 years old. His weaknesses will be exposed. He will be picked apart. He will fail.

Every great player has gone through it. Every great player failed over and over again until they succeeded. But that’s not going to stop his skeptics from having ready made blanket declarations on how I TOLD YOU SO he will never win. ARCHETYPE. Until he does. These people are so concerned with their own ego, of being “right”, that they would rather forsake the fandom in their own team and turn a blind eye to greatness when greatness is staring right at them.

HardenReturns, cml750, plegus and 4 others like this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I was wondering if @Yetti still thinks Sengun is only fourth or fifth in Rockets ranking?

Updated ranking by win shares below.

[​IMG]

cml750 likes this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Roll call!!! :D

cml750 likes this.
  10. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Leave Yetti alone!

[​IMG]

cml750, maypk and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. cumutk

cumutk Member

He is not only Rockets best player, he is one of big 3 bigs of future NBA with Vic and Chet.

But he deserves better around him as shooters, at 21 years old, he showed everything that he is our franchise player. He is looking for his Robin as Batman. He has Alfred in Van Fleet and Adams, but Jalen or Jabari are not Robin yet...

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I suspect that more bigs will come.