1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think Sengun is the Rockets best player?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 26, 2023.

?

Is Sengun the Rockets best player?

1. Yes

81.0%
  2. No

19.0%
  1. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

The chase down block on Kyrie really reminded me of Olajuwon on Strickland. I didnt think Sengun was going to get it.

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You've written a whole lot of paragraphs for no reason.

When your very first sentence says Sengun is overrated, not many people are going to read on.

For a poster with such few posts - it's no wonder you aren't posting from your real account with such horridly woeful takes.

#402 Downtown Sniper, Nov 29, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
    ExTxGS, cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

cool story bro

Melik, Zen Tabak, cmoak1982 and 4 others like this.
  4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Alpi is starting to hit that level where you just expect him to drop a 25 point game like it's normal. His efficiency is down a bit, I think that is a combination of a cold stroke (missing some shots he normally makes) and defenses focusing on him/doubling him more.

Question is can he take the next step to superstardom like Jokic did, where either 30+ points or 10+ assists is the norm. That last leap is the hardest one to make, but he is still young and is only just getting used to being the go-to guy.

Also those chasedown blocks were insane, didn't know he had that in him.

cml750 likes this.
  5. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

God, I hope this is a troll job. You say "effective field goal percentage, defensive ratings, and plus-minus throw serious shade at Sengun". Then when everyone and their brother points out the opposite is true, you go on monologues across multiple threads about the art of the game, the modern approach, and a wide range of other content-free distractions.

The MVP and the league champion are not a high-flying, 3-point shooting whiz kid. If that is your perception of the game, you are as wrong about that as you were about your (clearly fact-free) assertions about "serious shade".

Pretending to be an intellectual, first about statistics and then about philosophy of the game, doesn't work so well when your assertions are so obviously counter to the facts (the actual statistics you reference, the actual MVP, the actual world champion).

cryout75, Zen Tabak, subtomic and 2 others like this.
  6. cml750

cml750 Member

I think you are responding to someone who created an alternate account because they are butthurt Sengun is getting all of the love(deservedly so) instead of their boy Jalen.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I know AI generated garbage when I see it

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

pretty sure these posts are generated using certain chat gpt prompts

cmoak1982 and cml750 like this.
  9. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Oh man, where to start? You're out here swinging like Harden on a step-back, but it looks like you might be stepping out of bounds on this one. So, let's break it down a bit, shall we?

Firstly, talking about effective field goal percentage, defensive ratings, and plus-minus – these are legit stats that tell a story, but bro, they ain't the whole narrative. Basketball's as much a Picasso as it is a calculator. Stats are a tool, not the toolbox.

Now, you're claiming that the league MVP and the champ aren't about that high-flying, 3-point raining lifestyle? Check the tape, my friend. Look at the recent history – shooters are packing more heat than a Texas BBQ. But hey, it's true, the league ain't just one flavor. It's a buffet, and every item on the menu's got its day.

Lastly, trying to blend in statistics with the philosophy of the game is fine and dandy, but if your facts are as shaky as a rookie's first free throw, you're gonna get called out. So how about we watch the game with both the numbers and the nuance in mind? Be like a point guard — see the whole court, not just the hoop.

10. cml750

cml750 Member

lol, they are trying to push Jalen without revealing their true identity using AI to hide their post style.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

pretty good idea of who it is

cmoak1982 and cml750 like this.
  12. cml750

cml750 Member

Me too, Jalen's biggest fan. He is on my ignore list for bringing crap from the D&D to the GARM.

13. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Can we focus on facts please?

14. cml750

cml750 Member

You want to discuss the "fact" you are spamming several threads with AI generated Jalen Green propaganda?

REEKO_HTOWN and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Jalen's shine was overshadowed by Sengun, and it needs to be recovered. However, ChatGPT is not necessary to support a strong argument.

16. cml750

cml750 Member

lol, you have been polishing Jalen non stop for years.

17. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Maybe it would be better if you answered my earlier factual comments on JG and Sengun instead of making things personal.

18. cml750

cml750 Member

I mostly quasi ignored you for years until you let a disgusting topic spill over from the D&D to the GARM when I put you on actual ignore. I will now quasi ignore your new alter identity.

19. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

You literally quoted them as saying they "throw shade on Sengun". You were wrong, because AI is often wrong, so now they "don't tell the whole story".

Yes. I am claiming that. Because it is a fact.

I have no idea why I am engaging in good faith with someone who is so obviously either trolling or a certified moron. But, I won't make that mistake again.

20. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Whatever I said is factual earlier but I don't understand why you're being so offensive toward me just because I made a claim. Because of my assertion that JG is the best player since he was drafted?