1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think Morey should be fired?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Apr 19, 2012.

?

Should Morey be fired

1. Yes

364 vote(s)
    30.7%
  2. No

821 vote(s)
    69.3%
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is honestly way too ****ing easy today:

1 person likes this.
  2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

The perception around the league is Morey isnt getting better among players. Lowballing other GMs and players will not help with players wanting to come here. Its sure has not brought any players here. The practice didnt work so obviously if it didnt work? Thats a drawback too. :rolleyes:

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Irrelevent....just because I did not want him, has nothing to do with this discussion.

I am NOT the GM, I am NOT paid to run the team.

It is not MY job we are talking about.

I am glad you are having fun being an idiot and trying to turn the discussion on me, but it won't work, this is about Morey and his **** ups, not my opinions etc.

Nice try terd.

DD

4. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Just because I'm interested, please direct me to the "perception around the league" info you have revealed in this startling post !

Seriously, is there some new poll or data we need to know on this "perception around the league"?

We're sunk if the players don't like our GM! Oh the anguish.

5. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Do you honestly think that Gortat would have this franchise in a much better position than they currently are? And if not, what moves do you think Morey should have made that would have really had us in a much better position right now? Not saying you are right or wrong I'm just curious to know what people think Morey could have done to make things much better.

6. jscmedia

Like what, a mud wrestling contest?....revolvers at 20 paces.... a twist contest ?.....lol

Do something man, do something!

7. jscmedia

ouch! DD is really getting smacked today..and it's raining! This can't be good.

8. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Not yet. Les should be fired, however.

9. jscmedia

Of course what we would or could do is totally fantasy, but yes, he has a year left, and yes...HE HAS A YEAR LEFT!!!

let's all agree to meet one year from now in this exact same spot and see if the Rooster crow's or we get speckled eggs! yeah that's the ticket...

(just amusing myself as this season comes to a slow fizzle..O)

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

The point is not what I think, or do, the point is that Morey is the guy on trial here, his record speaks for itself.

What I think is that Morey will ultimately get frustrated with Les and leave at the end of his contract with is reputation intact because he has deniability by working for Les.

Morey has come out in public and said "Mr. Alexander wants to stay competitive"...then acknowledges that the best way to get better is to get bad first....that is giving him an out for not being able to do the job that Les is asking him to do....

Honestly, it is an untennable job, IMO, and I also think that Morey knows that, and is just using this as a stepping stone for a gig that will actually LET him do the job he thinks he should do....

This is his first GM job, Les changed Morey's lifestyle and career path with this job....good for DM.....

I would GUESS that he leaves after this next year because his contract is up, and he knows that what Les is asking him to do is really unlikely, and someone else will snap him up as GM because he is a pretty good one.

Now, that being said, I still think he should be held accountable for his missteps......and play it safe drafting strategy.

I still give him a B- overall.....but if you factor in Les, he probably should get a B+

And I don't want him fired, for the record.

DD

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Nah, I am relilient, people always try to make it about me, when it is a discussion about Morey.

If I was being paid to be the GM, and was expected to deliver, then we could have this discussion, but I don't have the data and info or access to practices and scouts that Senior Morey does.

DD

12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

That kinda is the point though. If you think Morey has made missteps you should be able to point them out. What part of his record do you think speaks for itself? You giving examples of what you think are mad moves on his part that has really hurt this team's future is not making it about you at all.

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Battier for Gay the worst
    Landry for Martin starting to become bad
    Ariza signing and letting Artest win in LA
    Trading away Tmac too late
    Drafting in the 14th slot every year instead of trying to get a higher draft pick
    First round misses Patterson who everyone does not like
    Morris who has played more Dleague so far than NBA games
    Missing out on Gasol deal whether his fault or not
    Trading Battier for bust Thabeet
    Trading away 1st round pick for Terence Williams
    Nicholas Batum
    Jeremy Lin
    and a partridge in a pear treeeeeeeeeeee........

14. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Johnny Flynn
    Joey Dorsey
    Signing Brad Miller
    Morey mistakes part 3:

huhhhmp. I got to take a breath now. Ok.

Not tanking by trading away Scola or Martin at their highest value
    not getting the best possible draft picks in a deep draft so far
    missing 3 years of playoffs while trying to compete
    500 for 3 years straight
    15th pick average for 3 years straight
    9th place for 3 years straight
    inability to lure free agents or make trades for list following although the value is not included just what he failed to get done when he tried:

Amare
    Bosh
    Carmelo
    Gasol(already included above)
    Dwight
    Gortat

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I think he has made several.

Terrance Williams was the worst - giving up a first round pick for him and then not playing him every game and seeing what he could become.

I think letting Lin go when you knew that Flynn was going to be gone at the trade deadline anyway was a bad move.

I think drafting undersized PFs all the time is not a great move.

I think the Nene chase was a bad move

I think the Gasol trade was ok, but now that we have seen what Dragic can do, would have been a bad move.

I think signing Ariza was a bad move.

Morris - looks like a bad move but it is far too early....

And the NUMBER 1 worst move - hiring a failed coach in McHale....

DD

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

When gortat started for howard,he was a double-double. Double double for a 7ft and offer him 4m doesn't make sense. In case you didn't do ur research, they gave the injury exception to ariza that year and didn't even use the mle.

17. deshen

deshen Member

Can you make your team the best team? no, the 8th best team? ...in the west ...in any single season of the last 3 years?
    If you could not do that, how can your work be named anything remotely related to being good?

1 person likes this.
  18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

1. Battier wasn't him
    2. Meh and part of Martin being a bia has to done with Stern
    3. He ended up getting Lee for Ariza who I'd rather have than Artest
    4. Les is on record saying that he didn't want to trade TMac but Morey can share the blame none the less since he was the GM
    5. Didn't he try to trade up?
    6. Still don't know enough about Morris to come to a conclusion
    7. Really? Missing out on the Gasol deal that he made only to have rejected
    8. Battier was leaving regardless but he could have got more value
    9. TWill trade was just flat out awful
    10. Sigh
    11. Gasol fallout plus Lowry and Dragic are better

Overall I'd say the TWill and Batum moves are the only ones I look back on and think I really wish those deals hadn't went through. Oh and I remember really wanting to trade TMac to the Pistons for some combo of Billups/Prince/Rip in the summer of 08.

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

If you ignore the Yao/TMac circumstances I agree.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Signing Gortart or not was not the point of the discussion. The point here is that Morey's evaluation of what Gortart was not even close to market value, an error in judgement on his part if he was really serious about getting a true center.