1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think KIDD will come to the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pelusillo, Mar 12, 2003.

1. pelusillo

pelusillo Member

Ok , I know it sounds crazy...but is there a legimitate team out there that will make a run for Jason Kidd this Summer??

Yeah the Spurs...but they are not that stupid...freaking Tony Parker is 21 and has much more to develop and will become the PG in basketball. So let's get the Spurs out...

I guess what I am trying to get at is, even though the money is not there on the Rockets side...the RINGS are. If the ROX get Kidd we will easily be up there with the Kings,Mavs and Fakers to win an NBA title.

Can this miracle occur???:confused: :confused:

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Umm....no. We don't have the $$$ for his expectations. I think he'll stay in NJ.

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

how about a sign and trade for francis?

i doubt it, but wishful thinking:)

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think he's just Kidding. ;)

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Why are so many people in love with Kidd. He hasn't done jack except do the same thing he did when he was with the Suns. He just happens to be in the Leastern conference and playing for a good coach. Did you know that there are only three eastern conference teams that have winning records against the West and the nets aren't one of them. However, every West Team except for the Clippers and Denver have a winning record against the East. This is even including the weirdness that happened at the beginning of the season.

Jason Kidd is not the answer. I hope he comes to the Spurs because the spurs will be stuck paying a max salary for a player that is only a little bit better that what they already have.

6. choujie

choujie Member

Agree with you that Kidd may not be the solution for Rockets if we have to give up Steve or Yao.

Right now east has 3 teams with winning record against west: Boston, Detroit and New Orleans. West has 3 teams with losing record against East: Denver,Clippers and Seatle.

7. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

LMAO.

That is like saying T-Mac and Kobe are only a little better than Mobley.

8. Sane

Sane Member

Well, it's more like saying Clifford Robinson is better than Eddie Griffin.

It may be true, but at some point, that may change, and Griffin may become a better player as well as have a betetr career.

You can't tell. He's a 21-yr old PG.

Spurs will SURELY go for non-PG players before Kidd.

9. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

The Spurs need to upgrade their backcourt. Because there are no elite 2 guards available via FA (closest is Stackhouse or the undersized Terry) by far the best two back-court players are Kidd and Payton (Arenas & Miller are the young, shorter, poor mans versions where they might as well just stick with Parker at a lower price). Payton IMO would make the best immediate fit, but he is older, I think they push for Kidd hard and slide Parker to the 2 on offensive sets. Not sure it solves all their problems--but sure addresses a lot of them.

Also, if I am the Spurs I sure as heck try to sign Kidd or Payton over Kandi or Brad Miller or Divoc to fill the 5 spot. The only signing I might try (be intruiging) if I were them over Kidd is J Oneal or Brand if TD agrees to play the 5. But you don't want to piss off TD, because if he leaves (the biggest FA prize out there period) the Spurs could join the Cavs in a year without a Yao or even Lebron to try for.

10. GrEgOnOmIcS

GrEgOnOmIcS Member

How much crack do you smoke daily?