1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think Ariza is trying to do too much?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Dec 23, 2009.

?

Do you think Ariza is trying to do too much?

1. No. He's doing exactly what he should be doing.

9 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. No, I believe he has potential to be great, he just needs time.

22 vote(s)
    7.8%
  3. Yes, but our offense is just so lacking that we are being forced to make him become what he is not.

100 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. Yes. Ariza should snap out of this delusion right now.

152 vote(s)
    53.7%
  1. rockets_fanatic

Now, do you HATE a person when you understand why he is like this?

We won't win a Championship this season. Isn't going to happen. I said at the start of the season, it is a building block for next season. Yao gets back, and our younger players grows.

Now, it is hard to teach a old dog new tricks. you heard that one? If we get through this season and Tracy changes as a player, how much more damaging will we be?

If a good option comes else where go for it. If a better option arrives through Free Agency, go for it. However give Tracy every chance while he is a Rocket to improve as a player.

2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

DD is trying to do too much.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Just keeping it reals.

:)

DD

4. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Almost a triple double and only 30 games in with an 18-12 record.......damn you folks have high expectations. For a second I thought we signed MJ at MLE.

Reminds me when folks kept insisting Yao average a 30-15 because he was 10 feet tall. Lol

30 games.........17-12 record. MLE contract.

5. Chamillionaire

we've ALL realized Ariza isn't the player who we thought he could be, he is who he is, a great role player, those 1-10 nights... kill us. he needs to be more intense on the defensive side, and with battier, the perimeter is locked up, but if they get passed them, it's a lay up. i mean, no shotblockers.

trade for Camby!

6. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

Oh god forbid asking a player that signed an MLE contract to shoot higher than 38% from the floor, 32% from three, or 66% from the line, all while this player is taking the most shots on the team, and among the top 20 in the NBA. That's asking for WAY too much.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I want to not cringe everytime Ariza shoots or dribbles, I dont think those are unreasonable expectations.

8. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Yes god forbid we stopped thinking he is Kobe, Wade.

24 year old, with starter minutes being asked to shoot. Almost a triple double today but we just focus on his shooting.

9. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

30 games is not a large sample size.

Let him shoot. He has a 5 year contract. If you give up after 30 games and the guy is with us for another 4 and half years, we all better give up. Scola/Landry has 1 more year before that is broken up. AB is going to ask for a much larger contract. As of right now you do your best to develop a young player who has a long term contract.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

problem is, he ain't developing. developing means showing signs of getting better. ariza is showing signs of getting worse.

what's there to develop if a guy is getting worse every game offensively?

11. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

C'mon man, he did it against the nets, the worst team in the nba. Not only that we were losing in the 4th quarter....to the nets of all teams. That's not impressive to me at all.

Do you really think he's going to develop into a star player in the nba?

12. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Sometimes you have to take a step back to take two steps forward.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

offensively, this is 3-4 steps back. but we have to live with this the entire season and as a fan, i hope he improves. i really do.

but again, to me, ariza is a typical role player trying to do too much and we have seen that before in rafer alston.

if you took away rafer's offense, he was a perfect PG: defense, rebound, decent playmaker.

sometimes you just reach that growth spurt early, and ariza has reached his ceiling. he's a ROLE PLAYER. he'll be nothing more than that.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I would do my best to trade him.

If he wants to improve he can start by stopping the three point shots unless he is wide open.

15. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

You don't have to be Kobe, or Wade to shoot freaking below average numbers. He's putting up HISTORICALLY bad shooting numbers. I mean, he's not even shooting to the crap standards McGrady set last season, or the ones Rafer had here with Houston. He doesn't get to the line, consistently chucks up threes (1-15 the LAST THREE GAMES, LOL), and is a terrible shooter.

I don't know laughable that statement is. I say, that it isn't much to expect a guy we sign to an MLE to at least shoot 40% from the floor, and if he's one of the top 3-5 three point attempt leaders in the NBA, to shoot at least 35% from there. And hell, 70% from the line. That's asking him to be a mediocre player, not Wade or Kobe ROFL. He's instead shooting 37%, 31% and 65%. That's absolute crap.

16. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

30 games is a large enough sample size to determine improvement. He's becoming worse...as I said in another thread, 8-38 from the field (21%) and 1-15 from three (6%). It's come to the point where you cringe and get pissed off when he makes a shot, because you KNOW he's going to miss the next 6 or 7.

17. rockets_fanatic

One day Adelman and co. will tell him to drive and get to the free throw line.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is 65% ft shooter, that is just bad.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Can't they tell him to make them too?

;)

DD

20. joliver325

joliver325 Member

I believe Ariza needs to learn to play better within this office. When I look at him I see a bit of young Tmac in him. But right now he doesnt have the skill to dominate like that. And frankly we don't need him to. We need him to be a more efficient scorer and become more consistent.