1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Do you really care about making playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TriCkz, Mar 1, 2010.

?

Do you really care about making playoffs?

1. Yes

324 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. No

336 vote(s)
    50.9%
  1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I haven't cared about making the playoffs since we signed Trevor Ariza. I'd rather not make the playoffs than get rolled by the Lakers in 4.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Same here.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think making it would be cool story bro

4. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

it would be nice, but i wen into the year thinking 9th or 10 seed

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I'm right with you and the poster who said he wouldn't have anything to watch if they didn't make it. I'd love to play LA again b/c the Rockets would make them work more than anyone else. Anything that makes it tougher for LA to win is good. Fisher and Bryant trying to keep up with Brooks and Martin would be hilarious. Also the way Morey has built this team without lotto picks makes me wonder why anyone would care so much about getting a pick at the end of the lottery.

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I care big time. I'm not a "wait for it...wait for it...wait for it...." fan every year.

You live in the moment of 82 games + the playoffs.

If the playoffs don't come, fine. Then, you consider what changes may be made to improve the potential for the upcoming season.

We're still in this season.

1 person likes this.
  7. MONON

MONON Member

I want this team to play & develope together as a unit for next year. If they come together well enough, they could make the playoffs & gain valueable experience. Next season is the real goal at this point.

8. jtagtp

jtagtp Member

I think that if we win tonight, we can win the 5 after that putting us back in the race

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Guys like Brooks, Lowry, Scola, Budinger, etc. need as much playoff experience as they can get. The only way to act like you been there before is to have been there before! Do you realize that Kevin Martin has never been to the playoffs? I'd prefer he have a trial run before we throw him out there and expect him to lead us to a championship. We're not getting a top 10 pick either way this year, so the playoffs are the infinitely preferable option.

Plus, I'm kinda sorta addicted to Rockets games and I want as many as I can get. It's unbearable to be on the outside looking in. I can accept falling short in the playoffs far more easily than I can accept falling short of the playoffs altogether.

1 person likes this.
  10. ThaShark316_28

Hell yeah I care. You never know what can happen.

8th seeds have shocked the world 3 times, I be damned if I wouldn't want a shot at being the 4th one.

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

What the hell kind of question is that?? Do i care if the Rockets make the playoffs?? HELL YES!! Isn't that the whole point of playing the regular season?? As mentioned before, I will continue to root for the Rockets, and I will keep the faith until they are mathematically eliminated. Then if they are eliminated, I guess we'll just wait until next year..

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I have zero expectations.

It would be nice to get in as a 7 or 8 to give some rookies a little seasoning.

But otherwise, don't care.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This.

Plus, living in Austin and not being able to afford League Pass, playoffs mean I actually get to watch games on tv.

14. Dr_Funke

Dr_Funke Member

Playoff experience is definitely more important than a drop from say the 16th pick to the 14th pick. There's a pretty miniscule chance that we'd luck into a top 3 pick if we were to drop into the lottery. Better to give everyone a few reps of playoff basketball.

15. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I do care about making the playoffs. That's why I'm a fan. But there is a nice consolation prize/upside for not making the playoffs, so it wouldn't be heartbreaking if they didn't. I would never say tank, because that's a loser's mentality, not one of a true fan or a true champion, and I believe having that mentality is a character flaw that ultimately will interfere with the team's ability to win a championship. But if the team plays hard and doesn't make the cut, it better draft position would be sweet!

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Playoffs = more games
    More games = beneficial for fans

I would say making the playoffs would be a great thing, but considering I didn't have high hopes for this season to begin with, I won't be too disappointed if we don't make it.

17. kyotic1

kyotic1 Member

I want to see more games, the further we go in the playoffs the longer we get to watch the Rockets. Thats how i look at it.

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

i wish we all cared enough this year.

the team, the fans, and the posters here have now considered this season a throw away year... rebuild for next year is just too common of a phrase.

we had something special this year. we gutted it.

onto next year. sigh.

19. albuster

albuster Member

This post speaks for me.

20. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

No, from the fan's point, you want to have a better pick, Playoff experience is important, but great players determine winning or losing. This team would be much better if we have the guy named Roy, but we all knew that story under the JVG.