1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Do you really believe Kenneth Faried will make a difference?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rock Harden, Jan 21, 2019.

?

Will he have a positive impact on this team?

1. Yes-He's been in a bad situation for quite sometime

2. No-He's washed up like Melo

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

J.R. and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

I guess I open myself up for this when I say "exactly" when what I meant, was that theirs no difference with how the Rockets have and would play these two..

D-rock likes this.
  3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

LOL

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

No. He can't hit threes. The Rockets need their PF to be able to hit threes to keep the floor spaced the way they like. Faried will play center exclusively on the Rockets.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  5. Rock Harden

Rock Harden Member

Another guy we could go to create offense

J.R. and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Whelp, I was wrong, he can still contribute. Still not convinced he's a postseason difference maker. But he's the help we need right now.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

His hustle is what is needed to win games against more talented teams.

He took over the game mid way through the 4th with pure energy.

The team needs guys like him and Daniel House in order to give max effort.

saleem, Hakeemtheking and jcf like this.
  8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

As a 10-15 minute spark plug off the bench that can rebound, he is absolutely a potential difference maker in the playoffs. Him and Rivers will be for us what Livingston and McGee are/were to GSW.

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude could be a surprise in the postseason, all those months on the Nets without much playing time and then explodes around playoff time.

It's a feel good story nobody wants to bet on.

D-rock, jcf and Jayzers_100 like this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Here is how you can view it. He was an "available" solution to help the team win games. Like last night versus Toronto.

Rockets first have to win games and get through the playoffs before they can even MEET the Warriors. Have to win those games first.
    Then they face the Warriors.

I do not subscribe to your theory that "the only way to beat the Warriors" is with a stretch 5. It is "a way" but I don't see it as the only way. And clearly the Rockets don't either.

But putting that aside for a moment. Even IF that is the only way, to find the "unicorn" of a 4/5 that can play top level defense AND hit 3's just might not be available for the Rockets. So they try to take advantage of the next best thing with Capela.

The Rockets more than anything just need to up their "talent level, period." Talent that can make plays and shots....the plays and shots they could not make in Game 6 and Game 7 to finish off the Warriors last season.

Voltik, noppeper, saleem and 2 others like this.
  11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Gordon's having fun again.......aside from the final minute of every game.

saleem, Easy and D-rock like this.
  12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Hahah I know I’m being very extra... you are right they would be used they same but I also definitely want Faired more. I like Montrez better but Faried fits our needs very so much more (see rebounding)

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harrell also has better 3 ball.

But I will take Faried's rebounding, team needs that more.

14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

A blessing to have rebounding and lob threat 48 mins of the time when Clint comes back.... He fits like a glove.

hakeem94, Rockets Rule and D-rock like this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I keep seeing people questioning the all-time NCAA leader in rebounds, ABOUT his rebounding!

KENNETH FARIED IS A DOMINANT REBOUNDER. Always has been, always will be.

Patience, saleem, cdxiong and 5 others like this.
  16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Great win last night

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. basketballholic

Go away.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good to see him improving especially with his spacing and dunking.He has trouble with faster and stronger bigs with the Rockets. Hart needs to keep it up, and improve his rebounding in order to contribute in the rest of the season.

19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Are you f'n serious? The G League that makes every player look like Jordan and plays a D with regular scores that make the All-Star game look like a 90's brickfest slog. GTFOH. Hartenstein is a nice young player that has skills but when matched up against NBA players he is currently OVERWHELMED and fouls when he is in. Zhou likewise had the same awkwardness. The NBA is a completely different animal. Every player that is not used to playing in it looks like one of the international teams running up against the original Dream Team.

You can dislike D'Antoni all you want but he gives you a solid evaluation of a player by his DNPs. Melo could not play with this team because he refused to buy in. He is always sending a message. We hate that he likes short rotations but he is telling you this guy cannot play with this team. Get me someone that can and I will play them. That assessment is not wrong. If we had a team like the Hawks or Suns he would be the wrong damn coach. We have Harden, CP3, Tucker, and older veteran players. He is the perfect coach for our team composition, GM, and philosophy. Instead of clap, clap, and yelling the ball is getting sticky we have a coach that lets the GM know when his experiments don't work.

Voltik, topfive, Bearded13 and 2 others like this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You're right, I had no idea. He is number one and Duncan is number 2 all-time.

Health on the Rockets permitting. With Harden/Paul and Capela and Faried on the floor for 48 minutes a game sound legit.

If somehow the Rockets can get a top 15-20ish small forward they could become a truly lethal team.

For example a truly going all in trade for Otto Porter Jr. or Jimmy Butler

Paul
    Harden
    Otto Porter or Jimmy Butler
    PJ Tucker
    Capela

lineup before Paul comes back in
    Harden
    Gordon
    Otto Porter or Jimmy Butler
    PJ Tucker
    Capela

Bench:
    Paul
    Rivers
    Gordon
    House
    Kenneth Faried

That's 9 players deep. I think the Rockets should start cutting back Tucker's and Harden's minutes as the team gets healthier.

Hakeemtheking and luckyman76 like this.