1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you miss Harden yet??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Jan 25, 2021.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

The fact that you think it’s about you and your understanding of basketball proves my point.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont think its about me. Im merely replying to your asinine comment. Come with facts or dont say anything.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

harold bingo, BamBam, Salvy and 2 others like this.
  4. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yes we should move on from harden no point in talking about him. Issue is the team has no identity. Wood has no identity. Not yet. We are a bunch of over zealous hard charging guys with not yet concept of how to play in this system. It just looks very discombobulated and unsettling out there. I’m not sure guys like Tate and Nwaba take matters in their own hands when they are role players instead of running it through wood or the stars. Baffles me when I see rockets down after a run by the other team and see Tate posting up next possession. Team needs to settle down and find who they are. Wall and stars need to lead. They also need a big so badly. Why not just sign dedmon.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don’t think what you said here is accurate. Ball movement with Harden a mere formality? Come on...

It’s really much simpler.

A lot of people didn’t like Harden. That dislike would drive people to make inaccurate claims left and right while he was here. Claims that weren’t fact driven, when the facts are easily available, purely emotion driven. (All we do is iso, all Harden does is dribbles the ball for 20 seconds and jacks up a step back 3 that bricks) These are claims that can be fact checked. We can see how long on average a player has the ball, dribbles the ball, his shooting percentages on certain shots.

Harden has left, those same people still don’t like Harden, and emotional, non fact base claims are once again prevalent.

They WANT to believe so badly that removing the guy they disliked has fixed the problems they thought he created. Not the case.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm not surprised how you would react to this kind of thread. I don't blame fans for missing Harden. He has done a lot for the Rockets. But do you really have to insult everyone in order to prop up Harden?

Do you know how much injuries we had to deal with in those Adalman years so that we never had a chance to contend even when we had two of the best players in the game? Do you know how they fought the Lakers to 7 games after both Yao and TMac as well as Mutombo were out? Do you know how fun it was in those 23-game winning streak was even amidst injuries?

BTW, anyone who can make Chuck Hayes an integral part of the offense is a genius in my book.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

A team that's fun to watch and wins more.

9. thekad

thekad Member

No, I hate winning and love mediocrity.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I totally agree with everything here it's the way I see it.

Except for a big, I don't see how that really helps us unless it's a youngin.

Stephen_A likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

o_O

I was with you on everything else, I loved Adelman but Hayes was never an integral offense piece.

12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

yeah you’re right. In our rebuild mode whats the point in adding a vet waiver guy or FA when we aren’t championship caliber team. But if our goal is to at least make the playoffs this team needs front line help.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. smp

smp Member

Nope.

I do miss Harden with CP3 though. That was a really good team.

Harden without CP3 never had a shot to win a championship. We were always missing something. Feels like that now, with or without Harden.

harold bingo and MettaWorldPete like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Maybe you have 1(maybe lol) but number 2 is definitely not happening.

harold bingo and MettaWorldPete like this.
  15. Asian Sensation

That’s like asking someone do you miss having cancer?

[​IMG]

Rockets4Life13 and Salvy like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

I havent insulted anyone here. Overgeneralizing CFs....yea probably, apologies for that sincerely. But Rick Adleman was fine and dandy but he didnt get anything more than a second round.

Okay, he led us to one first round exit, one second round exit(which was a pretty good run I will say) and then we never made the playoffs afterward. But you guys had fun with the "grit" and "determination" while big mean bearded man was ruining everything with his WCF and MVP runs. That's what i dont like. I like Adleman, he was a good coach but objectively we achieved more in the Harden era. But people are clamoring here like it was the worst thing.

Chuck Hayes wasnt a bad player.

17. lionaire

lionaire Member

Interesting analogy. So in this case you're still getting chemo treatments despite the cancer being gone.

HP3 likes this.
  18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

They barely happened when he was here. I from the time where we only praise and remember championships. Lets not start lowering our standard for Harden because, he couldn't do it. He openly admitted it when he said he's done "everything".

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Did you watch that video on the previous page?

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Nah. At some point he turned into a selfish pos. This stuff is all entertainment at the end of the day, like watching team play and guy giving it a 100% every night