1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you love Rudy Gay but not a fan of Kevin Martin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Jan 16, 2011.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

Kind of weird. Kevin Martin's not thought of as much on this board in general. Yet everyone seem to believe Morey facepalmed on Rudy Gay. It kind of makes no sense to me.

It's one thing to like a player that's dramatically different from Martin. Maybe you like G. Wallace or AI. I get that. Fine, you want more defense over offense. But Rudy Gay? The guy is a poor man's Kevin Martin playing a position that's suppose to do more than scoring. How is he the savior when someone who scores better than him isn't even considered an all-star on this board(I believe poll earlier shows most put him as almost-all-star).

2. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I think its more of the timing than anything else. And also the Battier factor.

But overall, Rudy Gay, is much, better than Kevin Martin.

3. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

When I started watching ncaa basketball, Gay was my favourite college player. I was over the moon when we drafted him, sucked it didn't last long.

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

We're screwed with Kevin and we'd be screwed with Rudy. Neither a franchise player but Kev expires in 2013 while Rudy expires in 2015 at max money.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thank you Meh! There are way too many unappreciative fans on here. The guy has one bad game, probably due to his wrist, and out come the haters.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

We got Martin for our backup PF. If you expect to get a franchise player for a backup post player you need to chiggity check yoself.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I disagree.

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

No one said Martin is a bad player. Kevin Martin and Rudy Gay are two of my favorite players in the NBA. I got their jerseys and posters.

KMart and Rudy are real legit players.

I don't think anyones hating on Martin, I love Martin and want 40 mins from him every game, but just being real and saying Rudy is better.

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Ok, fair enough. I'm not a super hot chick DD boobs and an ass rounder than Barkley half naked in front of 124 desperate men, so I don't expect everyone to agree with everything that comes out of my mouth.

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

but I'm totally right tho, Rudy Gay is better than Kevin Martin.

I know I'm absolutely right. :)

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Actually, Rudy Gay, is MUCH better than K-Mart.

Rudy Gay is an all-star.

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Meh's point was that Kev was just as good, if not better, then Rudy and I basically agreed. I used the term "franchise" to prove neither are difference makers, considering Gay's contract he might have been more of a handicap.

13. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

It was all good till you brought DD and Barkley into the visual... :confused:

14. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Lets see here...Rudy Gay is three years younger, shotos a higher FG%, grabs gets twice as many rebounds, gets more assists, and gets an extra steal per game and an extra block per game. He's also an inch taller, 35 pounds heavier, and an iron man who rarely misses a game. Maybe he got overpaid some but he's continuing to improve even after getting his big contract.

15. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

lmao @ rudy gay being a poor man's kevin martin. both of these guy's games are nothing alike, rudy gay is much better overall.

16. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

Pretty much.

Kevin's awesome for the most part, but I would give him up every day of the week and twice on Sunday's for Rudy Gay.

Interesting that the poor man's Kevin Martin got to play with Team USA over the summer, and the real thing didn't...

17. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

KM is good but give me the more athletic player who can create his own shot, keep the defenses attention and is not one of the worst wing defenders in the league. What about this question.. Do you love Rudy Gay but not a fan of Shane Battier?.. Tragic

18. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

There you have it

19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

u dont liek DD boobs?

20. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

The size... Or the poster?