1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Do you like the Gerald Green trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Feb 21, 2008.

?

Your opinion on the Green trade?

1. Yes

542 vote(s)
    89.6%
  2. No

63 vote(s)
    10.4%
  1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I love it. even though he has attitude problems and isn't too smart, I'm the Adelman and trainers will try really hard to make him into a good player in this league.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

What's not to like? Snyder was never going to play and Green is a young Houston native with upside. Worth a shot, don't ya think?

3. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Gerald Green hasnt made me want to go to Rockets.com and pre-order a customized Green jersey. Bobby Jackson didnt help me win the 25th annual cartwheel contest this year. I'm kinda disappointed b/c when I saw we traded Kirk, I knew we lost out on Miller and Artest. Thats money we could have used for a bigger deal. I'm not camping this weekend, b/c I wouldnt be too happy.

4. ekim

ekim Member

Synder wasn't doing jack anyways...

5. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Exactly. It's a win-win situation, worse case scenario is that he'll end up like Snyder.

6. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

One thing for sure, this is kind of deal most GM would like to do. If Green turns out to be nothing, no one cares or remembers. If Green turns out to be ANYTHING, then GM end up to be genius. Same goes for Snyder. So why not.

7. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

This move was completely pointless (for this season, at least). Green is essentially a glorified Snyder, which isn't saying much. We're in the middle of hungry Western teams and Green won't even get playing time, even though he fills in the position that Bonzi had. So now we're just left with a hole @ the 2/3 off the bench, and can't develop Brooks as much with the addition of Bjax. Terrible trades.

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I like it as much as I'll like buying a Mega Millions Ticket tomorrow. There's a long shot that I'll win $300 Million dollars, and a less long (but still not particularly good) shot that I'll win $3. The most likely outcome is that I will have wasted a dollar, but it was just one dollar.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is a "no lose" trade for us. It makes no sense to be against this deal.

10. dbdb49

dbdb49 Member

DON'T GET TOO HAPPY GERALD OR ANY GOOD PLAYER THIS FRANCHISE WILL TRADE YOUR @SS IN MINUTE

11. dbdb49

dbdb49 Member

I DON'T TRUST NO HOUSTON TEAM ANYMORE

12. tested911

tested911 Member

Mike James just hurry up and go to New Orleans.. Sheesh some people are so emotionally attached.

13. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

what's not to like? hometown kid, sounds motivated. like others have said it is low risk, and likely will yield little, but a brilliant investment.

to those who say he won't play because he couldn't crack the lineup while in the horrible timberwovles fold: the timberwolves are not the perfect place to play for all youngsters simply because they are bad. in fact for an athletic flyer with little defensive know-how or leadership type skills like green, its easy to get lost in the mix of all the other offensive, atheltic nobodies.

houston will be a breath of fresh air for him, both as a hometown motivation and as long athletic wing help. i am not suggesting he will start or even see significant consistent minutes (until he proves something) but houston doesn't have other players like green as minny did. i think being under a strong system will lend him bball iq and defensive technique, and safe to say that if he rounds out his game that he could be one hell of a player.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Good move.

Rick Adelman is the perfect coach to bring him along.

15. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Of course! This will make up for the Rashard Lewis fiasco! :rolleyes:

16. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

not a this year player, proof positive that we've given up on our chances this year.

this may be the prudent approach but it sucks!

17. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

...yeah, but he might've played with Bonzi gone. Ya never know.

Anyway, I like the trade okay. If anything, it gets us a decent-sized trade exception.

18. x_h5

x_h5 Member

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

how can you not like it? Snyder sucked, and Green isnt any worse than him. At least you got a younger player