1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you like McHale?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houston#1, Mar 27, 2013.

?

Do you like McHale?

1. Yes

31.6%
  2. No

68.4%
  1. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

This. Well said!

2. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

That coach pays a hefty amount for all your red rowdy seats by the way...

3. CertifiedTroll

No. Which is why he is a descent coach.

4. CertifiedTroll

5. mazinger

mazinger Member

wow..so, unless McHale takes the Youngest team in the league which only began playing together 2 days before the start of the season, he's a failure of a coach? wow...this board has gone full ****ing r****d.

6. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

He was a terrible GM but he did a good job as a interim coach on the Timberwolves. Did a better job than the previous coach and the coach who took over after him.

Doing a good job as a real coach here. Exceeding expectations and getting a good reputation league wide.

I think he's going to establish himself as a good coach in this league. Honestly won't be surprised if he's looked at as one of the better coaches 2-3 years from now. He's a really good communicator, motivator, and leader.

7. poing

poing Member

Sometimes I see things like this on CF and wonder how anyone could say something like this.

Then I remember that a lot of LOFs have only been watching basketball for one year.

8. jocar

jocar Member

I take it you don't watch much basketball or listen/read other players, coaches and sports commentators. I'll give you a break.

9. tzou88

tzou88 Member

I hear SVG might be looking for a job next year.

10. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

whether you like him or not,Management give him Right to serve his job.
    go blame who hire , introduce, refer him.
    Truth is it's just like New Yorker don't like Dolan, but they still have to walk into MSGarden.

1 person likes this.
  11. jocar

jocar Member

Every comment I've heard or read from NBA analysts on TNT, NBAtv, ESPN, as well as opposing coaches or opposing announcers on pre-game shows, post-game shows have nothing to say but positive things. Find a video or article from a widely known, respectable analyst that said they dislike him. I'll check back here when you're done.

12. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

I don't know I'm sensing a theme though. I like Lin but his fans want to blame everyone. In New York, things went wrong because of Melo and Woodson. In Houston, things are going wrong because of Harden and McHale, they even blame Asik and the other players at times when Lin has an off night. I don't even think Lin thinks like this himself. With this extreme fans though, this victim mentality is a bit much.

13. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I think coach's performance this year has been great.

It's been a very good year for McHale... pulling a young group together, with this roster matching or setting all kinds of individual and team records, and giving us fans an exciting high octane offense. And we're starting to play a little bit defence too, lately.

In this rebuilding year, we're currently in 7th spot. This 39-32 record didn't happen in spite of McHale, but because of him.

How awesome has this 2012/13 season been? You know the answer.

Maybe he might not be the coach to take the Rockets to a championship, but you can't take anything away from his performance this season.

14. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Before lin's coming to NBA league.

Melo got blame all the time for his style of play.
    Woodson is an ISO style couch.
    Harden is just an offensive weapon in a contending championship Team.
    Mchale needless to say. You know that. or what stage of Mchale you like except as a player???iam no celtic Fan.

Now Lin's coming, they all become victims .
    Good Drama

15. manning

manning Member

Hey,do you remember what Kyle Lowry said? “I was begged to come back. I was unhealthy…Just talk to me. If I’m that bad, just tell me. I would have been fine with that. Just don’t play me two minutes, sit me the whole game and yell at everything I do. ”

Brandon Jennings was benched for the entire fourth quarter on Wednesday.What he said? "Don't try to put me on a pedestal and just give everyone else the freedom to do whatever they want."

Whether Lin and Asik play well or not, they get benched.
    No starters deserves to be treated like this…

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

How do we complain about the results? Who, anywhere, expected this team this year? Not me.

I keep thinking that this team deserves a better coach. Then I look at 37-32 and say, 'All right!'

The next question is what McH and his staff can do after DM the GM finishes his off-season tinkering? But this season? Hats off to a member of the Mount Rushmore of GOAT4s!

17. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

There are things I wish he could do better like having something other than Harden-Iso during the 4th quarter and drawing some play for other players when Harden is not doing well, as well as doing a better job on rotation. Frankly speaking, the PG debacle we're having right now could be handled much better.
    But again, bringing a rag-tag team with little experience and no training camp to a playoff spot is a feat itself.

I guess I'll wait and see how McHale performs in the playoff before deciding.

18. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Jlin should tweet that. ;)

19. Jovial

Jovial Member

How come such a stupid coach deserve any respect!
    No play set after every his timeout. He is the reason why Rox lost most of the close games.

We should shut McFail in the locker room to win the game against Grizzles.

20. timyeung

timyeung Member