1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you hate the Blazers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, May 7, 2014.

?

How much do you hate the Portland Trail Blazers?

1. Still a respectable opponent

55 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. Dirty floppers and trash talkers

37 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Don't care for em/other

45 vote(s)
    25.7%
  4. I hope they beat the Spurs

4 vote(s)
    2.3%
  5. Not as bad as Utah/LAL

34 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Simple question. I ****ing hate them. We should be in the semis. We'd have an actual chance of beating San Antonio. They might damn near get swept.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I think you are grossly overestimating our chances against the Spurs based on regular season. The one thing I took away from the Spurs/Blazers game tonight is that the Rockets have a LOT of work to do.

That said, I do hate the Blazers.

3. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Not at all. They beat us fair and square. They all seem like good, young guys. Besides Mo Williams, I respect and enjoy almost everyone else on that team. Good luck to them.

4. Mr. Space City

naw, i hate more that the rockets lost to a clearly inferior team.

it's not their fault kevin mchale is an idiot and harden disappears in the playoffs.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Rockets choked, felt entitled all the way and didn't play D until they thought it mattered.

I'd rather watch us play, but I can't hate the Blazers much for our own frustrating play.

6. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

i hate that the blazer fans said the rockets were floppers when it's pretty obvious matthews, batum, and lopez flop as well.

other than that i dont care about them. more mad at the way the rockets played them. spurs obviously poked a hole in the whole "we were evenly matched, they are just good". no. rockets played down to the opponent and have problems in the 4th quarter. they led for most of the series. these are coaching/system problems.

7. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

Lol. I hope they beat the Spurs. Their whole team, lead by Aldridge and Lillard, came out strong and ready to play. They straight up beat us despite home court. Harden disappeared in the playoffs and we as a team, just didn't have our act together.

We underestimated a good team and we lost plain and simple.

If anything you should hate our team for not coming out prepared. Calvin has been saying it all year. This team never comes out strong, they always wait for the opponents to hit them before they do anything. It's something we'll need to work on. This has to start with our coach and our stars. While Howard brought it in the playoffs, Harden straight up disappeared. We will never get far unless McHail can instill that killer instinct in Harden and the rest of the team.

So no, I don't hate the blazers. They came out and showed us what they were made of, and it turns out, it just so happened to be stronger stuff than what this team was made of. This was easily the most entertaining series in the playoffs so far. They beat us and I have a lot of respect for them.

And lol if you think we have a great chance against the Spurs when we couldn't even come ready to play against the Blazers.

8. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

Only Williams for trash talking. They played good ball and beat us, maybe the refs helped them, but it aint their fault.

9. Franchize

Franchize Member

No. They beat us fair and square.

Props to LMA and Lillard nothing but respect to those guys.

10. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Just because you can't beat them, doesnot make them a bad opponent.
    They are more tolerable than Jazz, Mavs etc.

I hate Mcfail more than anything.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't hate them .... I think they played a hell of a series , got a few breaks at opportune times , Lillards is stone cold ..... they deserved to advance.

3 overtime games , one decided with less than a second remaining .... The Rockets make one play or get one break in any of those games , its a different series.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you hate every team that beats the Rockets in the playoffs?

13. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Regular season doesn't mean anything. Look at what Miami did to the Nets last night after Brooklyn swept them during the regular season.

14. ThaShark316_28

Are they the Titans and Sooners? No?

Alright, then.

15. jamphus

jamphus Member

The only enemy is ourselves.
    The result wouldn't be the same if our defense were solid enough (especially for G6).

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

OKC I like though, they are a small market with respectable results.
    Clippers meh

Hate Mavs, Spurms, Utah and now Portland

17. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

nope, Blazers are fine (aside from Williams) - we should thank them for showing us truth: that we aren't good enough yet...

I just hope the FO can learn something from the loss

18. FEAR THE BEARD

I want neither the spurs nor blazers to win that series, but unfortunately that can't happen. Already hated the spurs, so I guess I will accept the blazers winning series because they will have a better chance of getting knocked out in conference finals. I'm pulling for Lebron to get the three peat!!

To answer your question, I strongly dislike the Blazers, but I HATE the spurs.

19. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I was glad to see the Spurs rock them today. Didn't see Damien Lizard talking any trash this time like a little crappy thug. I don't like them.

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You should hate McHale more for being so incompetent.