1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

do you feel there is a need to increase border security?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by body slam, Apr 29, 2017.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

We should just take over Mexico. Problem solved . Their citizens become our citizens. US gets bigger. More GDP, etc no wall. Send in the military to kill the head choppers

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

If trump invaded Mexico think of the voters that would be automatic republicans and thankful for the rescue

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL! I see you're consistent with your broad generalities. The School I teach at is in a low income area and was far below state standards. We've worked hard and went up to well above the state standard. We are now a SAS gifted and Talented school. I'm proud of the work we've done. But if it makes you feel better to squawk about Detroit go right ahead.

You might want to check your bizarre reasoning before trying to make a point about the reasoning of others.

You might want to start with the fact that your post in no way clarified or explained your reasoning. It was merely a misguided attack on me personally and my career. I'm not going to expect more from you until you show me that you can do truly do more.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I missed this post. I guess the "@" symbol doesn't work with the apostrophe. I'm not sure what level I was at. All I did was ask for clarification on your reasoning for poor conditions in Mexico necessitating more need for border security. If that's your idea of a low level, you've lived a blessed life man. Congrats.

I'm seriously not trying to make fun of you, but I have a hard time making sense out of so much that you post.

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That is one of the most important steps to take in reducing illegal immigration. The cost of it all is prohibitively expensive to many despite them being potential boons to our workforce, economy, and community. Add to that the time and lack of clarity involved in it all, and it's ridiculous. Fixing the system for legal immigration would be a huge help.

6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

You don’t want me to attack your career, then do not say my argument makes no sense.

Mexico is violent.
    Mexicans smuggle slaves and highly addictive drugs into our country.
    Mexicans smuggle guns into their country.

What makes no sense is that after 25 years of NAFTA, Mexico offers no intellectuall, philosophical, ethical, or moral redeeming value to Americans.

@JuanValdez is right: if you want to go after drugs you have to go after the legal border crossings. Even if that means reducing immigration.

7. conquistador#11

Why doesn't the U.S just stop using drugs? It would be much easier. =/

You don't like Nafta? Amlo's coming yo!

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You are free to go after my career if you'd like.

The way to stop the illegal drug trafficking is to change the drug laws here in the United States. All of the things you mentioned do happen, but Mexico having their own problems with lots of homicide doesn't mean we shouldn't allow immigration to the United States.

Your last statement also seems off base. NAFTA is an economic policy. That's a different realm than intellectualism, morality, and philosophy. I'm not sure why you would bring that up.

Mexican immigrants, however, have brought all of the things you mentioned. They've brought intellectual, philosophical, ethical, and moral redeeming value to the United States.

9. Nook

Nook Member

How are they two separate issues? Isn’t the issue illegal immigration? Most illegal immigrants didn’t illegally enter the United States. Shouldn’t that group be the focus? Do you really believe that building a wall is going to stop the importation of guns from the USA to Mexico? I agree that human trafficking for the sex trade is a major issue. Many of those women are from Asian countries, how does a wall stop them from entering the United States?

How significant is illegal immigration to you, when compared to gun control, education, the economy, civil rights?

10. Cohete Rojo

It's in everyone's face: Mexico is a failed nation, and things are spiraling further out of control very quickly.

Why then is everyone being so hard-headed about taking action?

More NAFTA is not going to solve the problem.
    More CAFTA is not going to solve the problem.
    More refugees are not going to solve the problem.
    More legal immigrants are not going to solve the problem.
    More illegal immigrants are not going to solve the problem.
    More diplomacy is not going to solve the problem.

We have tried all the above and Mexico has only become worse. It is time to get tough.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think almost all Americans (republicans and Democrats) are in favor of stronger border security and improvements in legal immigration. I am in favor of increased hiring of border patrol, increased investment in and implementation of technology to improve surveillance (cameras, drones, electronic surveillance like heat and motion sensors). Even repair of existing fences. I'd also favor diplomatic and economic programs with neighboring countries to reduce the number of people trying to get into the US. Increased law enforcement to reduce crime problems caused by MS-13 and drug cartels.

I do agree with increasing/improving pathways to citizenship as well.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think we should increase border security if it will help keep Trump from returning.

14. Cohete Rojo

:eek:

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Then what? People are fleeing the three most dangerous countries in the world? What about El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala? Do you propose taking over Central America too?

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

17. Cohete Rojo

Tic-toc, tic-toc: which way my American brethren?

Police choppers thump over Mexico City as drug crime rises

Masked police officers pointed semi-automatic rifles from a helicopter that flew low over Mexico City last week as security forces employ unprecedented heavy-handed tactics to combat a rise in levels of drug violence rarely seen in the capital.

In a sight more familiar to Mexico’s most dangerous border cities, goggled and masked officers hung from open doors, surveying the streets, their weapons trained on the ground 250 meters (820 ft) below.

When homicides, kidnapping and extortion soared across the country over the past decade as cartels battled security forces, Mexico City kept a lid on the worst crime and prospered, earning fame as a trendy getaway for foreign tourists.

For several years, murders in the capital actually declined. Now though, killings are at a record –up 45 percent since 2014. The city is on track for another record this year.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It sounds like we should give refuge to some of the people fleeing all of the drug and police violence in Mexico.

19. Cohete Rojo

Homicide rate reaches another record: 28.8 per 100,000. Our deadbeat neighbor will be putting Brazil and South Africa to shame, in no time.

Will it get worse or will it get better? Tip jar bets anyone?

https://elcri.men/

[​IMG]

20. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

You might want to check out what the Mayans and Aztecs did to their own people thousands of years ago. Although I agree with a lot of your points about prohibition and labor laws. But IMO, the violent culture goes back thousands of years.