1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you feel good about the Rockets this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsfan23, Nov 27, 2011.

1. davestrate

davestrate Member

Aside from back in 2004 when TMac got traded to Houston, this to me ranks as the most exciting season in over 10 years. We finally get to see how good can we be with a full crop of Morey selected talent. This is where I make my final decision on how good a GM Morey really is.

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

no one is talking abou Kevin Martin da guy can lite it up no one is talking about c.lee da dude is a stud on D and can light it up 2 also D-mo I expect him 2 b a star 4 us playoffs all the way and Morris will b a beast 4 us 2 he's a 3 so don't count on him playing da 4 and 2pat dude is legit and J.hill I heard he's been beasting

3. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I feel good about watching our players develop this year with out expecting a whole lot of wins, im looking forward seeing our rookies to see where exactly we are in terms of team needs, overall I feel good about tanking so we can walk into a new era with a true star player, ***** NENE.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I am excited about being able to watch the Rockets and that we have the best GM in the league with superstars likely to switch teams soon.

I don't have high expectations for the current squad, specifcally with the loss of Adelman.

5. supdudes

supdudes Member

I just want to watch me some Rockets basketball. Hell, after this lockout, I'd appreciate any NBA basketball period.

6. vick

vick Member

I heard it in a movie, I could have been a contender:confused:

7. vick

vick Member

There is no reason for Morey, not to get a big man. Either F.A. or in a trade. There is no Mcgrady, or Yao Ming contracts holding him back. I say get a big man Morey, or get FIRED/:eek:

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

I got a feelin... that tonight's gonna be a good night..

Go for Dwight or go home. Btw, what's up with Oden? Is he still injured? Maybe we can get him on minimum wage. Then if he stays healthy and performs, upgrade to a possible vet minimum.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Please, never mention Greg Odens name again.:(

10. SeabrookMiglla

Im more excited than the last 2 season without a doubt, tmac/yao era over (loved the big guy but it was a painfully slow death). as other have stated this season we will truly see how our young talent will perform, and who will rise to the occasion on our roster.

ok we have no star, w/e thats no reason to flip **** and say this sucks. we have martin, scola, lowry. thats a start. martin is just martin, pretty reliable scoring machine who is flakey in the 4th at times and lacks D. Scola is the most consistent player on our team, and is an offensively gifted in the post but lacks D. lowry is the real interesting character, he has been gaining a lot of public attention with his play making abilities and toughness. i think he is starting to get that clutch game to him also, which is a rare attribute to find especially in the late 4th. we need that 4th quarter go to guy, and maybe we wont need a super star after all, if we have a guy who can show up in the 4th?

we have a lot of good young talent. im excited to see who will go and who will stay and what trades will be made. patterson, well he just needs to keep it up. he could be a force to be reckoned with in the NBA if he stays on this path. pat has a consistent jump shot( remember him shooting 70% FG for a time), i think he needs to learn some post moves from scola and he will be a really good player. im serious, he just needs to learn how to tango- if he can learn that, hes got the strength/ athleticism and shot to be a prized player possibly an all star.budinger was kinda iffy last season, hes going to have to prove himself this year as he has some competition with morris. Hill, well ive seen flashes of goodness from him and i think he needs to bulk up and get more aggressive. hes tall and athletic, but he lacks the IQ lets hope hes improved that IQ and post up game. i really like hill's athleticism though. Lee gots the D we desperately need on the perimeter, he has great athleticism and play making ability but just does not finish at the rim. hayes, well i think its his time to go. love the guy and he has fought hard and shattered expectations and proven that height doesnt matter at times. remember the number he did on amare and KG? that was awesome. although we have enough fowards and dont need a 6'6 cetner any longer, i mean if he stayed i wouldnt trip. but he is the likely suspect to leace, and someone will take him if he does leave.dragic, i like him actually. i did not like dragic at first, but he is an awkward PG(left handed and tall) and i think if he can exploit that he can be really good. ive noticed hes not scared to make plays in the post, i mean he can sit there in the paint and create unlike most PG's who just drive in and dish the ball out. the only thing that makes me iffy about dragic is that he seems clumsy at times with his handles, and thats one thing i really prized about brooks was his ball handling skills. i mean dragic has just weird style in general, very akward kinda ball game about him. bottom line, we will see how he does this year if not i think he will be gone. i have a lot of faith in D-MO and think he is going to turn some heads this season. i interest in seeing if twill-will get his act straight, so much athleticism and play making ability that we need. twill also has an attitude that i think this team could use, he just needs to work within the system and not be brave heart. hasheem... well i hope, hes exactly what we need but i kinda doubt he will pan out at this point. bottom line, if thabeet is going to become a legit center it will be here in houston under his favorite basketball player hakeem the dream. flynn, he looks good through vids and stats, but i dont think hes what the rockets are looking for. i guess hes kinda similiar to brooks, and look where he went. although i dont know too much about flynn, my friend says he thinks he will pan out this season and take dragic's spot. i beg to differ but we will see. this d montiueadssa whatever the F his name is, ive heard he got the offensive skill but we need more D damnit. he may take hills spot, who knows dont know much about him.

it is obvious that we are in the sam boat as so many other teams: we are still lacking height and a go2.

but i think more than anything we have 3 core pieces and a lot of young guys that we can either develop or trade. we are going to do a drastic move soon, either this season or next. we are looking for that swingman no doubt about it, and lex will over pay for a legit star if necessary. as someone stated earlier, we will see if dmorey can perform this season if not he may be leaving soon.

as far as mchale and the new coaching staff- i think they will do mediocre but i hope they prove me wrong and do good. what sticks out to me is: mchale has a great personality to work with the young guys, and he is a big guy and can help develop our long list of forwards. im a bit skeptical on his X's and O's. the new assistants, they seem like generally younger cool guys who i think are alike mchale in that they can connect with the young guys. im interested in chris finch, supposedly he knows adelmans efficient offensive scheme, lets hope he keeps it and our team just adds some D.

remember there are only 5 players on the floor at once, just one player can change the chemistry of our team. i think we are closer than people think to be serious playoff competitors, our luck just has not been good. i always say when ppl talk **** about the rockets (because it makes me feel good) what if the lakers lost kobe and gasol? that usually shuts em up petty good, because thats essentially what happened. although its a new era, and this year will determine a lot of things. i think les is getting fed up with being the kicking dog in texas and wants to make a statement with a falling SA and a soon to be falling mavs.

we have the young assets as morey would say, but we also have a great Off. system and a tough scrappy team that is just missing 1 or 2 pieces. either way we are looking foward.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Please read sig

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Now this is the definition of feeling good about the Rockets this year.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Feel good? Well, there are several subplots that I look forward to following, whether the Rox rebuild or hold steady, getting used to seeing K-Mac on the sidelines, watching the young players develop, so there are a bunch of positives that can happen, plus a few surprises too. But if I have to get specific, I'll predict at least one nice win streak.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Hopefully a back to back to back 22 winning streaks... 66-0.

Can I get a Amen!

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

:confused:............(crickets)............

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

2 assistant coaches.
    One (Sampson) is known for his defensive style.
    The other (Finch) known to have an offense already familiar to the Rockets with defense added to it.

The Rockets may pull a Texans this season.;)

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I hope so! But i won't be to devastated if we aren't very good because I think we can get a superstar in this years draft!