1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you dress up Halloween?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by WildSweet&Cool, Oct 17, 2007.

Tags:
  1. WildSweet&Cool

I'm 38 years old and I still wear a costume every year on halloween.

This year, I'm the Dread Pirate Roberts. My kids will be a witch and a pirate. Wife will be a pirate-like wench (or a wench-like pirate?).

But I'm feeling kinda weird about it this year. I kinda feel like a pathetic old guy who's trying to do young guy things.

What's your age? Do you dress up for Halloween? If so, what's your costume?

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I'm 34 and I don't dress up. I did a couple of years for our work contest for best costume. I won it 2 years in a row - being a 7 foot alien (really cool costume) and then Darth Vader (another great costume). However, after spending close to a hundred bucks on the Vader costume and winning 75 dollars in cash, I felt that it wasn't worth it. So, I "retired" from participating. Now that I have a daughter, she has been making some noise about me dressing up but I doubt I will.

3. Fatty FatBastard

35 yrs. old, and we just started dressing back up for Halloween. Go to a lot of parties that are costumed themed and it isn't a problem.

And I'm going as the Greatest American Hero, which I've learned, most people under the age of thirty don't know about.

4. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I have to work this Halloween, but I dress up every year that I can. Costume parties rule. I'm 37 and I hope to come up with a costume every year for the rest of my life.

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I am 21, and I haven't dressed up for Halloween since, I believe, 13.

I could technically be the Little Mermaid this year since I'm dying my hair red for the home opener.

6. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

i'm 24...i dressed as a cavewoman last year. i have no idea if i'm going to dress up this year.

7. WildSweet&Cool

..you, dressed as The Greatest American Hero..... I've got to see that.

8. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I'm 46...haven't dressed up since I was 26.

BTW...last year I did not get a single solitary trick or treater. No I don't live in a gated community or anything like that, nor do I carve a pumpkin or any of that shiiite. Year before I had a dozen or so.

9. WildSweet&Cool

Do you live inner-city?

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm being forced to this year. My 2 year old and I are both going to be boxers.

No, not the underwear type.

11. RocketMan Tex

SW side, just outside the loop, in the urban utopia known as the Meyerland/Westbury area.

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Nope. I've been trying to find a partner to join me in the greatest costume idea ever though: Hall & Oates. I will be Oates, of course. That mustache rocks.

13. surrender

surrender Member

I'm dressing up this year because I have to wear a shirt and tie to work, so I'll gladly take any opportunity to wear something else

14. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

pics?

hispanic?

15. WildSweet&Cool

Hmm.... I would have thought there'd be a lot of kids trick-or-treating in Meyerland. I'm beginning to think that

1) trick-or-treating is predominant in the suburbs nowadays
    2) or kids are going to malls for trick-or-treating
    3) or trick-or-treating is just dying out
    4) or Halloween is slowly dying out

I hope it's not #4.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'm supposed to be going to a halloween party on the friday before halloween. i have absolutely no idea what i should dress up as.

17. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

uh...this guy?

[​IMG]

18. RocketMan Tex

I think it's #3. If the kids go trick or treating, the parents go with them. Back when I was of trick or treating age, my folks used to let us go out by ourselves. It's a different world now.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

We live in a nice neighborhood in Katy and we talked about this last night. Do we keep our light on and answer the door every 10 seconds or do we turn it off and enjoy the night. I think we're leaning towards keeping the light on.

We discussed costumes if we did that. My roommates ****ed up idea was for all of us to wear t-shirts that say "REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER" on them. We probably wouldn't feel the other beatdowns after that first one. :)

20. Fatty FatBastard

I'm sure I'll have pics of it posted on myspace in a month.