1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you believe in Creation or Evolution?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by 3814, Mar 1, 2011.

Tags:
?

Do you believe in Creation or Evolution?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2011.
  1. Creation

37 vote(s)
    28.5%
  2. Evolution

93 vote(s)
    71.5%
  1. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Rick didn't like that. Kevin and Kyle were talking to each other going into the timeout.

2. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Oops. Ignore that.

3. cml750

cml750 Member

I surely DO KNOW THAT. It is in the Bible. Do you not know how the Book of Revelation ends? The lion will lay down with the lamb, peace on earth for a 1000 years. The peace on earth will be because the Prince of Peace Jesus himself will return to earth and reign for a 1000 years. You REALLY need to read the Bible.

4. mclawson

mclawson Member

So all biblical prophecies come true? Tell that to Jacob. God promised he'd get him out of Egypt but he died there (Gen.47:28-29 and 46:3). Speaking of Genesis, contrary to the prophecy in 48:21, Joseph died in Egypt, not Israel (Gen.50:24). God also promised Josiah that he will have a peaceful death, but Josiah's death wasn't what I'd consider peaceful. (2 Kg.23:29-30, 2 Chr.35:23-24 and 22:20)

And what if god put a lying spirit in the mouth of his prophets, as he did in 1 Kings 22:22?

There are hundreds of examples like these. Do you get to cherrypick the ones you wish to believe in?

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Wow, a Hal Lindsey reference? Really?

Con artist.

Meanwhile, do you believe this part of the bible?

6. cml750

cml750 Member

?????Both Jacob and Joseph were brought out of Egypt. God told Jacob he would send him and his family to Egypt and make them into a mighty nation. Pharaoh allowed Joseph to bring his father to be buried in the promised land. Joseph bones were carried out of Egypt when they were set free after the miracles that were performed. Joseph was also buried in the promised land. Josiah was promised a peaceful BURIAL.

"Surely, therefore, I will gather you to your fathers, and you shall be gathered to your grave in peace; and your eyes shall not see all the calamity which I will bring on this place." (2 Kings 22:18-20 NKJV)

The "prophets" referred to in this passage were Ahab's spiritual advisers. None of these "prophets" meet the criteria for a true prophet which is defined below. The "prophets" with the lying spirit predicted a victory for Ahab in war. The true prophet of God Micaiah prophesied Ahab's defeat which did happen.

I will answer with Jeremiah 28:9
    "The prophet which prophesies of peace, when the word of the prophet shall come to pass, then shall the prophet be known, that the LORD has truly sent him."

7. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

8. cml750

cml750 Member

2 Peter 3:3-4 (KJV)

" Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
    And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation."

Some of the post in this thread are fulfilling this prophesy.

9. DonnyMost

Answer the question, please.

10. cml750

cml750 Member

Donny, nice try. I feel really sorry for you. The link you posted had a sign for a Baptist Church that was a fake. Look under the sign and it gives the link to the sight to make fake church signs.

Now, if you really want an answer to the question, both of those passages were from the Old Testament. They are part of God's law required for Jewish people who have not accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

The following scripture from the New Testament explain that Christians are exempted from the laws God gave to the Jewish people.

Romans 10:4

Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Galatians 3:23–25

23 Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. 24 So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.

11. DonnyMost

Yes, we all know about the church sign meme generator, it has been around the net for over a decade. Even though it has nothing to do with my question, and is only thrown in for comedic effect on that website, so, I'm not even sure why you bought it up when the point was the bible passages. :confused:

I don't see how those passages apply.

But either way, you accept the passage about the unholiness of shellfish as truth, and not just nonsense?

In that case...

12. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

There are no times or dates given for any of the 'prophecies' 'predicted' by the bible. They are ambiguous times that could be interpreted in multiple contexts. Hal Lindsey? Really? It seems you were duped by yet another one of his end of the world predictions...so far he's 0-2...wanna bet it's 0-3?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Lindsey

So you've decided to base your entire outlook on life and how it's going to end on this guy's repeatedly wrong prediction? Forgive me if I think you are extremely gullible. I find it really sad that you believe in this so strongly...not the god thing, I don't think that's strange, the end of the world thing is what gets me.

13. cml750

cml750 Member

Yes, I accept those shellfish passages as truth for the Law of Moses. These were the laws given to the Jews after they were rescued from bondage in Egypt. Do you just not understand that Jesus changed everything? The passages that I posted come from the New Testament. The Lamb of God (Jesus) exempted anyone who believes in him from the Law of Moses with his death and resurrection.

You obviously have very little understanding of the Bible. Please read the following passages from John. I will use the (New International Version) version as it is a more modern translation than the (King James Version). Pay really close attention to the bolded part. It is extremely important.

John 3
    Jesus Teaches Nicodemus
    1 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”[d]

9 “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.

10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.[e] 14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,[f] 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”[g]

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Donny, I will pray for you. You obviously have very little understanding of God's plan for salvation.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

There is nothing in the Bible that says how long it took God to make Light and Earth and all that. What? God spent 6 days.

What is a God day? Millions of human years?

Both theories can exist, and I can tell you my Catholic priests and deacon will tell you the same thing.

15. DonnyMost

Please, don't waste your time on my behalf. Do something productive instead :)

16. heypartner

You should say "I", not "we." Why did you say "we?"

17. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Do you have any idea how condescending you are? If people like you are going to heaven, I'll willingly go to hell (neither of which I believe in). The thought of having to spend eternity with douche nozzles like you would make a hellish, fiery, inferno sound exciting.

1 person likes this.
  18. heypartner

"Believe"

Set that aside for a second. The Bible exists. It exists from many many years of oral history prior to it being written.

Don't say "believe."

Tell me why you wouldn't read it and learn from it. It is one of the oldest books ever written.

You have to learn how to read things in their time and place. All these other writings get read with not argument, but the Bible, whoa, no, I can't read that or take it seriously.

come on. It is what it is. It's like saying I can't read Homer.

This is what people WROTE! This is the oral tradition.

Don't be afraid.

19. heypartner

nope. not at all.

Nothing in Genesis that says how long a God day is. A day is the moon rotating around Earth. If Earth and the Moon aren't created yet, then what is the measure of time.

A God day could easily by a billion years.

20. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

God rested on the seventh day but he wasn't tired at all.