1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you believe in Creation or Evolution?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by 3814, Mar 1, 2011.

Tags:
?

Do you believe in Creation or Evolution?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2011.
  1. Creation

37 vote(s)
    28.5%
  2. Evolution

93 vote(s)
    71.5%
  1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You really want to talk about this? I'm not bothered. I can summarize my whole answer to you post into: nothing created can define the creator. Chemistry, math, physics, biology, language, other science, nothing. I don't even attempt to do it. I don't know why you're attempting it, when by definition it can't be done.

Sorry about your pet peeve. I guess I meant evidence.

2. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

I thought The Matrix Trilogy settled this once and for all.
    It's creation hands down.
    No contest.

3. rtsy

rtsy Member

I'm a conservative atheist. My worldview is based upon science from the 1600s.

4. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

"Wealth of Nations" was written towards the end of the 18th century.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

...and economics from the 1800s.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the large part of things is . . .Staying within the confines of reality that man can understand and prove

confines which . . you can agree. . . can change next week with the next great discovery.

Somethings are just too complicated to comprehend . .. at that time
    i.e. explaining germs to the average person from 5000 B.C.
    [there are these very small animals that live in your body . .they are what killed your cousin]

While some will think i'm a religious zealot . . .I am not
    I am probably by most people's consideration not religious at all.
    [don't believe the bible is a literal account, etc]
    But I do believe in a creator
    I am open to the idea that Evolution is the Methodology of the Creation

i.e. For you believe in the COOKING theory or the Chef theory of the meal.
    Cooking means that the food was set in a way with heat applied until it was a meal
    or
    that some guy just made it. . .

Rocket River

7. cml750

cml750 Member

The results of this poll are truly disturbing. There will be a lot of really surprised people one day and the way things are going in the world that day may not be too far away.

From (Philippians 2:9-11)

"Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

This WILL happen one day!!!!

8. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

People have been saying this for centuries and they've always been wrong.

I can't help to think that anyone genuinely thinking this has taken religion way too far.

#108 Severe Rockets Fan, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  9. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

God sounds like a douche

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see anything in that quote about Evolution or Creation.

11. cml750

cml750 Member

I think it is quite obvious that I believe in creation.

12. cml750

cml750 Member

I would be absolutely terrified to EVER utter something like that.

13. cml750

cml750 Member

The big difference is that Israel is now a country. This was prophesied and came to pass in 1948. It was also prophesied that the generation who witnesses this shall not pass away before the end times. If you take this in to account with the situation that our world finds itself in, then it is not a real stretch. Do you think it is coincidence that it was prophesied that there would be a one world currency at the end times and almost every nation on the face of the earth is about to go bankrupt(especially the USA)? Everyone should read the book "The Late Great Planet Earth" by Hal Lindsey. This book gives a very detailed description of both Old and New Testament prophecies and how they are coming true to the last word. This book was written in 1970 Since 1970 so many more prophecies have been fulfilled. There is very little in the way of prophecy that needs to be fulfilled before the rapture takes place and the seven years of tribulation start.

I have a very strong faith in Jesus. If that is your criteria for taking it to far then I am guilty as charged.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

People have been predicting the end of the world since before anyone knew how to pick up a pen and write it down.

15. cml750

cml750 Member

This will not be the end of the world. It will signal a new beginning. After the 7 years of tribulation, there will be a 1000 years of peace on earth.

16. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You sir don't have to care, but tell me where it's wrong to say what the Bible says.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I was wondering why this thread topic was created. AGAIN. And probably WILL be created again in another 6 months. Its cuz beliefs like this still persist.

This is why I'm reversing my stance against militant atheism and am cranking it up a notch. Just for the fact that atheists and agnostics might not know, but YOU SURELY DO NOT know that.

How do you define something broad as "peace on earth" anyway? There's many of thousands nations with BILLIONS of people on earth, will they ALL get peace? And with a round number tenure like 1000?

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

My issue against rigidity of principles and "militancy" is that scientists and evolutionists want no recognition of God the powerful creator. But they ultimately want to play "God" themselves no matter how humble and ethical they want to be. Its inevitably displacing the faith based God with a technological real life decision making board. Once that power position is vacated, humans with their same biases and preferences will want a stab at it. With truth being stranger than fiction, not sure if a "non-God" world would be MUCH nicer to live in. It'd be "better", we'd definitely live longer. But it'd be a world more perverse than what we know now.

But I just know there's no Sky Counselor helping me out in my life and to not put my trust in that.

19. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I like to think God set things off (The Big Bang) and used the method of evolution to let life take its course while he simply observes.

Is that weird?

20. dback816

dback816 Member

Ridiculous.

How can they want to "play God" if they don't believe in God?

What qualifies as playing god? Seeking solutions to the world's mysteries? Creating life? Shaping the planet? If a scientist don't believe those things to have been done by God, how could he "playing God" when he attempts to do those them?

You're the one slapping a label on them because of your own beliefs.