1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you accept homosexuals?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RedRedemption, Jan 8, 2011.

Tags:
?

Answer the question I proposed in the original post.

1. Yes, I accept them at the moment.

80 vote(s)
    44.9%
  2. I'm not sure how I feel about them at the moment.

12 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. No, I do not accept them at the moment.

10 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Yes, I am fine with the increasing normalization of homosexuality.

116 vote(s)
    65.2%
  5. I'm not sure how I feel about the increasing normalization of homosexuality.

18 vote(s)
    10.1%
  6. No, I am no fine with the increasing normalization of homosexuality.

21 vote(s)
    11.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I have two questions:

-Do you presently accept homosexuals?
    -Are you OK with the increasing normalization of homosexuals in society today?

Very simple questions. Poll results will remain anonymous.

As for myself, I've been a strong supporter of normal marriages and all. But I've also been an avid believer of letting people believe and do what they want, to an extent. However, when it comes to homosexuals... it's a difficult choice. Naturally, I find it difficult to accept them; but at the same time if I don't accept them that makes me a hypocrite.

I also find it hard to relate this anyway at all to the oppression of blacks in history; or the oppression of Jews, etc. I'm not even sure if homosexuality is a choice or if you're just born with it.

If anyone is wondering: I voted "not sure" for both questions.

#1 RedRedemption, Jan 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

For some people yes they are born with it and others it's a choice. For some of the uglier women I think they go with girls because they can't find a man, but whatever makes people happy I don't care.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

This is like someone in the early '60s saying they can't relate anti-miscegenation laws and all-white primaries to slavery. The standards for tolerance and inclusion are supposed to evolve and expand with time; screwing over gays in 2010 is no less heinous than screwing over blacks back then. Also as a black person who's lived and worked in predominately white environments my entire life I've noticed that racists, homophobes and sexists (older guys grumbling about women bosses) tend to overlap: exclusion is exclusion and if they run out of one group to judge, they'll just move on to the next one.

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Why should whether or not someone is "born with it" impact your acceptance of it? You either accept it or you don't.

I'm not homosexual, but I have no problem with people that are. What impact does someone else's sexual preference have on me? None.

5. Apps

Apps Member

I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable if they were to start having homosexuals openly kissing on television and so on, but I try to remind myself that I too will one day become a relic of an outdated generation, and future humans will see homosexual relations as something just as normal as heterosexual relations. Ultimately, I am okay with it.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What does ACCEPT mean?

Does it mean . . . I accept they exist? Yes
    Does it mean . . . I feel they should not be hassled? yes
    Does it mean . . . I feel they should not be subject to job discrimination? yes
    Does it mean . . . I feel they should be allowed to marry? No
    [My own reason are complicated. . but they start with the government should have no say in marriage at all and that marital status should not affect a person in any way form or fashion. I think anything other wise is discriminatory toward single people. ]

Whether it is a choice or now is . . irrelevent.
    One should not be hassled for their choices [yet we do it all the time
    See the persecution of 'fat' people]

Rocket River

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Also . . . what does Normalization mean?

Rocket River

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

something
    you posted................

that
    I actually

agree with.

CH

9. Steve_Francis_rules

So you think it's ok to deny gays equal rights in marriage because you don't think anyone should be getting those rights? Even though it's pretty clear that marriage rights for heterosexual couples aren't going anywhere anytime soon?

10. dback816

dback816 Member

First of all, what does normalization of homosexuals even mean? More gays in mainstream media? More people accepting gays? Gays getting more rights?

What do you mean....naturally? It's natural for people to deny a minority group's rights?

Can you actually explain why?

Honestly, given your choice of words, I'm not sure if you'll ever accept any new groups and the only reason you even gave blacks and jews and whatnot a chance in the first place is because you've been taught to be tolerant towards them since first grade and the American society has mostly moved on from those topics.

Now that contemporary homosexuals are asking for more and more rights and you don't have 50 history teachers telling you what to do, your only reaction is....denial. I guess what I'm insinuating is that if you were of voting age back in the days, there's a chance you would have opposed the civil rights movement as well.

Oh and where's the option for "I don't care what they do".

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Foreign Diplomats are exempt from the law.
    I think that is wrong.
    I don't think we should make everyone exempt from the law.

Rocket River

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm with Rocket River on this one. Ideally, I don't think anyone should be getting marriage rights from the government.

Other than that, I don't care really, and the only thing that would change my indifference is some kind of evidence that it affects other people's lives negatively and unfairly. Highly unlikely IMO.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

... ... ...

14. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

As long as they are fabulous.

1 person likes this.
  15. Rumblemintz

Rumblemintz Member

As long as they don't touch my junk

16. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

There is nothing natural about that response. I think it has been ingrained in you by society, parents, religion, etc. I'm heterosexual and have never been offended by homosexuality.

Judging by your OP, I respect that you are trying to lift yourself out of backwards thinking, but you're not going all the way with it. Live and let live, my man.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B_3TlrZLpQ0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B_3TlrZLpQ0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

It means it's time to ROCK.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What is there to accept? They are there. I have no issues with them. As long as they don't hit on me like adeelsiddiqui sometimes does...in his own way.

19. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I have no problem with them, hell what someone does in the privacy of their bedroom doesnt bother me.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What about what they do in the public?
    People do realize Homosexuality is about more than just the sexual act. . right?

Rocket River