1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

Do We Really Want LeBron? Delayed Gratification

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman1981, Jun 7, 2018.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

When CP3 went down we were a superstar away. CP3 will be a little worse next year and who knows if he'll be healthy. You want to just run it back with Harden/CP3?

2. underrated015

underrated015 Member

What is there to think about. I just want 1 championship and to beat that cocky team by the bay. I don’t care if it’s our story or Lebrons story.

Invisible Fan and slpntz like this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

Yes they really want LBJ on the team.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

He dragged a G-League team to the Finals this year. They should have been finished off by the Pacers in the 1st Round and the Celtics in the ECF but LeBron is the difference maker. When he has above average teammates, his team wins.

5. hakeemthagreat

Who's gonna guard Kevin Durant? We know Lebron won't

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd wait...If we had a player as good as Dream but we don't.

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Eric Gordon was ready to step up and he did. Once that happened there was nobody else to provide the quality relief minutes. I don't hate LeBron, but I certainly don't like him either. I would rather take my chances with good players that don't have that same ego.

8. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

CP3's health is a major concern. He hasn't finished a season in the last three. Smallish point guards that need quickness and elevation to get their shots off don't age well.

He's a bball genius so i think he will be able to control the offense a la Stockton for a few more years but the injury bug is quite worrisome.

On that note I like what adding PG13 means. Its a built team, added to it.

I'm a fan of the underdog and I know we have the fight in us to beat a built team like Golden State. We were 3-2 over the champs and even had control early in games 6 and 7. Just not enough fuel, star power to get us through.

I don't want a pre-packaged championship. Would always say yes but the win wouldn't be as sweet.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

NO
    getting lebron would also be an organic growth because the best player ever doesn't sign with you if you are no good and don't deserve it...

he didnt want to sign in 2011 2015 and 2016 because we were no good ... now he wants its because now we are the cream de la cream.... we were the real champions this year (its just that the refs shaved points of the scoreboard) and we are his best chance to win again ...

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Wasn't he like 2-13 from three in Game 7? I agree that we need depth, but depth was a strong suit for us this season until **** hit the fan with injuries and Ryno sucking. Given our cap situation, it's tough to upgrade the roster with quality role players more than we already have.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS 1000 TIMES!!

i.d.i.o.t

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

At this point you do whatever it takes to beat GS. The Rockets know that. LeBron certainly knows that too.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Rockets don' need to get LeBron. All they have to so is get 2-3 players in the draft. Preferably scorers. A PG, SF and PF/C. Just target these types of players in the draft or FA and they will be alright.
    Plus pay Paul and Capela. They are worth it.

14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

If the decision is Gordon vs. Lebron.... find me the one idiot who would prefer Gordon so we can excommunicate him from the forum.

I would trade Gordon+Anderson and 2 picks and whatever other sundries you want to add in a heartbeat if it meant getting Lebron.

mfastx likes this.
  15. slpntz

slpntz Member

Exactly! Maybe we don't need LeBron but I know for damn sure it wouldn't hurt to have him.

16. slpntz

slpntz Member

I'd trade 3 picks to be quite honest. I'll take championships over picks every damn time!

bulkatron likes this.
  17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Exactly. Low first rounders aren't going to do the trick for us at this point.

18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

A very valid point. I think you could make a good comparison in that scenario between Kyrie and Harden. Kyrie wanted out...that tells you how he felt about it.

kevcai likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

It doesn't matter if they win it all. These questions only surface when they fall short.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

We want Lerbon but we don't need Lerbon to win it all.