1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do we really have a chance against the Warriors?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Asian Sensation

Let’s flip script here. Do you think we would be where we’re at now if CP3 didn’t come here? Was there any indication at the time of my post that CP3 or any other significant superstar was planning on joining us? NO.

Would we be 1 win away from the WCF if we rolled out the same roster from 2017 this year? NO.

Do you think Harden would’ve signed the 4 year extension last summer if we didn’t get CP3? Doubtful.

Would the chances of Harden dipping out elsewhere be much higher had we not gotten CP3 and the other pieces with his looming Free agency prior to the extension he signed? YES.

You act like you knew how it was all going to go down. We got CP3 then the rest of the pieces fell into play for us.

Like I said I created that thread prior to CP3 coming. We’re lucky he came and even then it wasn’t a sure thing that we would have as much success as we did.

Anyways, back to the original subject... This season will ultimately be a failure if we can’t get by the Warriors though and alls I’m saying is that it won’t be easy to beat them. Thanks for bringing up irrelevant material though.

2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It will be interesting..... our D is even better than theirs but they got even more guys who are versatile on Offense and can move the ball, and move without the ball.

They have stepped up their D vs Regular season and it is probably second best right now behind ours.

Durant and Klay have yet to get hot from 3. We have not shot well either.

Klay shot well against San Antonio but not against the Pels.

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

If we play lock down defense like the last 2 games, we definitely have a chance but Harden and CP has to bring their A game offensively wise every game and Gordon too

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

CP3 came here to play with Harden, the dude u wanted to trade away for Buddy Hield and WCS

trading away an MVP caliber player is stupid, period...Idc how u keep trying to justify 1 of the dumbest threads on here

justtxyank and RiceRockets like this.
  6. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Of course we have a chance. Golden State will be the obvious favorite, but we have the best chance to beat them out of any team left standing at this point. We will be America's Team for all of the non-casual fans who despise Golden State. General consensus from real basketball fans, not some kid named Karim in Toronto who is a "diehard" Golden State fan, hate Golden State and what they have done to the landscape of the NBA by stockpiling Super Stars.

I want this to happen so badly........

7. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

The winner of each game will be the one with the best 3pt percentage.

houston19519 likes this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Great job getting us within one game of the Warriors Morey but now you done goofed - all that time you could have been practically obsessed with beating the Warriors and adding pieces to neutralize the Warriors by adding a second star, tightening up the D and running waves of guys at their stars, and here we are, with barely a chance at all.

This might be the worst day in team history.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Not necessarily true. When we beat them in January, they shot a better 3PT%, but we demolished them on the glass and won the turnover battle. If we do those two things, we'll give ourselves a chance.

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Crazy 3pt stat from last two games

Harden: 3-15
    Paul: 2-13

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I was active in that thread and ok with trading Harden. However key tenant of my philosophy was the GSW. They exist lol.

I had problems with other Harden issues. Some ignorant which remain (like his threes the last three games). Others of which have improved so much it’s almost unbelievable to see - like his turnovers.

In either case I sincerely hope to be proven wrong next series.

But let’s not get it twisted. The rockets haven’t done that much yet. Hopefully they will and this is their year. And they still have dead weight on the roster. So it can still get better around Harden. But the next series will be the buff heavyweight title. Will Harden show up every game win or lose?

Random aside... should the Raptors trade Derozan??

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

Warriors are screwed

[​IMG]

Marteen likes this.
  13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

*4 future hall of famers, little different.

With that said, I don't think anyone on their team matches up great against Capela. I hope he's the difference maker.

14. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

As good a chance when the Rockets defeated the Los Angeles Lakers in the 1986 conference finals.

Marteen likes this.
  15. Mr. Space City

so if the rockets beat the warriors, will it be the biggest upset in the history of the nba?

because the media and fans sure think the rockets have no chance.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Do the Warriors really have a chance agains tus?

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  17. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

God, the warriors are so good. And they get calls with flops. And their reach-ins in the paint slapping arms NEVED gets called, which totally ruins Harden’s game.