1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do we now have a shot to sign Dwight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D12 fan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Say LA doesn't do good in the playoffs,do you think Dwight would consider us now that we have some nice players to build around him with Harden/Parsons/Lin?

I think Dwight and Kobe will clash,and I don't think Dwight want's to be second fiddle to Kobe.I think if things don't work out Dwight will leave LA if he has to.

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Jones
    Dwight

Make it happen Morey.

2. AFS

AFS Member

I don't think we can come close to offering the situation the Lakers are able to offer him. We don't have a chance. Let's not get our hopes up for something that is pretty much not gonna happen.

3. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

IMO, the next goal should be..

Sign a legit post player preferably a power forward.

Keep Asik as the starting Center.

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Legit PF
    Asik

If Dwight wants to come here then why not but chances are slim to none. No way he's ditching a big market team who could offer him more as far as i'm concerned.

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Not a chance unless something unforeseen happens in LA (Kobe bangs Dwight's mom or something)

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

No. Asik is the center. I agree get a PF player or maybe Jones develops like mad & we rock with him. Continue with the youth movement.

6. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

No.

I don't buy for a minute that he's not staying in LA.

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Nope. That bird done flew the coop.

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Good grief, I thought we were done with this Dwight stuff. Please stop.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Dwight will get tired of being Kobe's clean-up man and sign with the Rockets.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It has only just begun.

Brace yourself.

11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

What? Drama queen again!

12. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Dwight will stay in LA, no question. As for Bynum wanting out of Philly...more of a possibility.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

dude, just ask for a name change already :grin:

14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

What if Dwight planned for a scenario like this to happen so he could team up and play here with harden and ditch la? (Insert conspiracy Keanu)

Time to put on that flame-r****dant suit.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Looks like Dwight will be a Rocket, people! :)

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

More than likely no way. I would guess that Mitch Cupcakes & Dan Fagen have already got his next contract in the works for next Summer. Things can go south in a hurry in LA LA Land, but I dont see this not working with Dwight. He's tailor made for Lakerland, and he will not be available by February.

Kobe wants another title, and he will play nice for a little while. Come Summer, Dwight wont leave money on the table to sign elsewhere in free agency, so I just really dont see Dwight ever signing anywhere else as a free agent. He's a Laker now, and its ok to bring on the hate.

-Andrew Bynum however, could come available. That situation is looking much more fluid than Dwight and the Lakers. I think Philly is looking to take a major nose dive this season in the East. I think their roster is much weaker other than Bynum, and apparently 76er coaches have ALREADY been dissapointed in Bynum's conditioning along with other things speculated upon.

With a dissapointing start to their season, and fear he might walk in the Summer, they might very well pick up the phone and see what they can get for him. All the pundits in Philly that knock Morey's statistical approach to the game could very well be eating their words in just a few months.

-Dwight however... they are going to win alot of games in the first half of the season, and Kobe will play nice. They are in a win now situation which will make it much, much more difficult for anything to happen before February.

17. rocketseagles07

No. LA is a place diva's like dwight need to be. As great of a player as I think he is and as much as I wanted him I'm kind of glad it didn't work. It's been nice seeing Harden embrace being even though I know he wanted to stay OKC....

18. trowa

trowa Member

i think the houston has a great team right now o_O

19. Cycl1

Cycl1 Member

no, dwight in no way shape or form wants to come to houston.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Definitely not Dwight, but I do think we now have a team that could lure Pau Gasol!

Make it happen, Morey! Never give up the dream!!!