1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do we have any future in Sports for the next decade?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by astros123, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

Splendiforously!

[​IMG]

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

My JCC rec team is doing well

Jontro likes this.
  3. Roscoe Arbuckle

Fascinating. Thanks for sharing...

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Maybe, maybe no.

TWS1986 and Roscoe Arbuckle like this.
  5. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Nice brah.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Think about all the hobbies and activities we'll be able to do since we'll have no sports to watch!

7. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

There's always p*rn?

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

huh? The Astros and Rockets have had some of the best records in their respective leagues for the past few years.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It could ALWAYS be worse. See Detroit and Cleveland. Or San Diego who's teams keep leaving (Rockets, Clippers, Chargers)

Astros - this entire season is kind of a mulligan as far as I'm concerned. Injuries, COVID, cheating scandal....2020 just wasn't meant to be our year. Let's just get all of this nonsense out of the way this season and restart fresh next year. I haven't really been watching many games. Just seems so weird without fans. And whoever wins the WS this year will of course have a giant asterisk, so whatever.

Rockets - I think our window closed when Chris Paul got hurt. That was our peak. Small ball has failed miserably. I'm hoping that this trend of every NBA team jacking up 50 3's per quarter somehow phases out over the next few years and we can get back to real basketball. It's really just a horrible product right now. Unwatchable. We have GS to thank for this. I think it's time to do what the Astros did after Drayton left. Just press reset and start from scratch. Rebuild from the bottom up. I didn't even watch Game 4 or 5. First time in 35 years I've consciously decided not to watch a Rockets playoff series...

Texans - Texans will always be mediocre. They will never win a big playoff game. They will never 'matter' outside of Houston. Watson will be the QB version of Andre Johnson - HOF player who played for a franchise that never gave him anyone to work with.

arkoe likes this.
  10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I honestly could not care less any longer.

I haven't watched an NFL game in years. Absolutely zero interest. The Texans are laughable to read about though. Clueless organization with dipshit fans.
    I rarely ever watch the Rockets any longer as the 3 and D **** is playground **** so it's no longer a must. So many other things to do than sit on the couch 3-4 nights a week watching YMCA ball..
    Astros I still love, but I don't pay as much attention to them or the MLB as a whole like I used to. I only know what's going on due to my 20 years and running money fantasy dynasty league.

College Football I will ALWAYS be down for. Best in the bizz.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

We go by “the Stars of David”