1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do the Texans draft for Defense or Offense

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RocketMania1991, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

Because they need to trade Andre Johnson before starts asking for a trade. Plus our 3rd WR's have been inconsistent: Jones seems to take things for granted (missed Jax because he showed up late to team meeting) and Andre Davis is fading since his concussion (1 catch for 14 yards since his return).

2. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Yeah i go to the University of Alabama so I get to see him play every week and he is so smart, agile and strong. The announcer said it best while playing against Florida while Tebow tried to run McClain caught up and tackled him and the announcer said that there are few people who have the speed to catch up to Tebow, and fewer who have the speed and strength to make a tackle. I want the Texans to get Taylor Mays(Eric Barry if he's still there of course) I don't want us to draft Gerhart.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

that makes sense .......... :rolleyes:

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Our offense blows goats lately.

5. BigBull17

BigBull17 Member

Last time they had a guy like thast, they passed him for Okoye. Wilis

6. MadMax

MadMax Member

seriously. the offense's job is to score points. over the last 4-5 games, it's struggled to do that. and yes, i'm discounting the last touchdown at Indy in trash time.

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Suh, Suh, Sussidio!
    Start tanking now Texans, and pray Tampa, St. Louis, and Oakland drafts like, well, Oakland.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I would be thrilled with McClain. Dude was directing the defense at Bama as a true freshman.

9. Stoli

Stoli Member

What is your view of Alabama DT Cody?

10. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

He's a beast. he can take up 2-3 blockers at a time. He's good at the run because he has good lateral movement. I think he'd be a better fit in a 3-4 defense.

On a personal note, he's a really good guy. I play basketball with him all the time in Januray/February. Believe me it's not a fun task guarding a 6'5 365 lb NT when your 6ft 155 haha

11. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

You draft defense and anyone who says otherwise is just r****ded, seriously.
    We need a serious pass rusher in the the D line. After that you need a corner because I do not see Dante getting the money he wants here and can see him walking because of it. Then I'd go with a running back in the third round and then just draft best overall for our needs in the later rounds.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

I always wonder why David Andersen doesn't play more. I understand the thought process of him being just a situational slot receiver, but he seems to (1) get open, and (2) catch the ball.

13. plates300

plates300 Member

gotta draft defense. we need help in the secondary and the d-line badly. if anyone was drafted on offense, it would have to the o-line.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Gotta draft the best available. I think the Texans should try to get a CB or DT by trading up or down if one isn't the best available at the 1st pick.

Cody is the guy that I've seen that I know would help the Texans. One, he stops the run inside. Two, he generally gets a decent push up front making it harder for the QB to step up into the pocket.

I see the Texans franchising Dunta if need be to get one more year out of him. Love him or hate him, he is unfortunately the best CB the Texans have even if he isn't preinjury Dunta.

I would like to see the Texans try to get some interior offensive linemen in rounds 2 and 3.

CJ Spiller may not be a bad pick either for RB depth as well as getting a return guy. He would make Jones and Davis replaceable with WRs. I still think Jones has the potential to be a good WR, but he's had potential for a while.

15. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Member

Though he might be a better fit in a 3-4, your description of Cody makes me think he would fit in well with our line. Okoye tends to struggle next to other smaller DT's and our bigger DT's that should cover two blockers suck. Putting Cody next to Okoye would free Okoye up to make some plays.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

17. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Member

i wish the texans could get either eric berry or taylor mays, and this site thinks the texans will actually get mays. works for me :cool:

after that, build the o-line.

18. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Todd McShay has the Texans drafting Earl Thomas (safety out of UT)

and to the poster above me, he has Berry going #2.. so no. And he has Mays at 24 to the Cowboys due to his lack of discipline/technique (out of position more often than the above 2, he says)

19. MadMax

MadMax Member

I can't tell if it's the Horns fan in me or not...but I'd rather have Thomas than Mays.

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I agree it is hard to evaluate Horns versus other players. I do think Thomas will be one of the better Horns, but our DBs haven't always translated well to the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.