1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do the Texans draft for Defense or Offense

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RocketMania1991, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Another thing to remember is that if Coweher does come to Texans and brings a 3-4 defense, it could change the way the Texans draft. They will need a 3-4 outside linebacker opposite Connor Barwin. Derrick Morgan, Sergio Kindle, or Jerry Hughes could be that guy if you want to draft one in the 1st round. A little later, guys like George Selvie, Jermaine Cunningham, or Brandon Graham will be there.

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Cut Chris Myers and Chris Brown ASAP. Let Caldwell takeover OG and draft a C. Also need a space eating DT, CB, ball hawk S, and RB.

Resign Owens, Walter, and Ryans.

Let Drob walk.

3. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Joe Haden is #1 on my list. Second round should be either to improve our running game or O-line.

4. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

i don't care if the rest of our picks are for the Offense, but i'd like Nebraska's Ndamukong Suh. i don't care about 3-4 or 4-3; that kid is a beast.

5. Egghead

Egghead Member

get Suh or Eric Berry... that means start tanking now

6. UTweezer

UTweezer Member

need tight ends

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Even if we lose all of our remaining games I can't see how we will be in position to draft these guys

8. leroy

leroy Member

Detroit would if they are up there again. It's possible that they end up with the #1 pick again...at least in the top 3. No way they can afford to shell out that kind of cash for the 2nd consecutive year.

9. The Real Shady

Suh is projected as the #1 overall pick on most boards.

10. rockets934life

I think if we get a more aggressive front office/coach the Texans could move up and pick up a stud player because teams, specially the ones who picked high last year, just don't want to pay so much for unproven talent. This is where McNair and his billions may come out to be a major benefit along with the uncapped salary cap. If we don't move up, I would like to give a look at Spiller or a big DTackle.

11. sammy

sammy Member

DT, S, CB, & OL

I say go with best available. No specific order.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Safety, corner, defensive tackle, and a center are all HUGE needs

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

#25 and #32 on deffense for the Texans cannot tackle and probably cost the team two games in the early season. Find a way to replace them and we can see the Texans in the playoffs.

DB, DT, RB and WR.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

why the hell do they need a WR

15. Chamillionaire

secondary first, offensive line next, another receiver after that, another running back after that.

16. gucci888

gucci888 Member

1. CB - I don't expect Dunta back next season, gotta find a good CB. Haden could be available.

2. DT - Can't believe how inept our D-Line is despite the resources spent on them. Terrance Cody could be available, Suh is out of the question and we'd have to move up for McCoy.

3. S - Pollard was a good pick up, I would love to add a ballhawk back there. Berry is gonna be gone and I'm not sold on Mays at all. Earl Thomas could be a first round pick should he come out.

4. RB - I'll throw up if Chris Brown is in a Texans uni next year. I don't expect to use a high pick on a RB, but Spiller/Dwyer/Best all could be available in the first. Dwyer would be a nice big back to pair with Slaton.

I also want Meyers gone and hopefully Caldwell will be our guy.

17. JamesC

JamesC Member

I wish we could just go raid Alabama and take Mark Ingram and Terrance Cody. That would help solve a lot of this teams problems.

18. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

wow, could you imagine our Linebackers if we had Cushing/Ryans and McClain????

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

Joe Haden + Toby Gerhart. FTW

20. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Ive been watching alot of Bama games lately and like I said, McClain is a BEAST. A playmaker with that edge. Now linebacker is definately not a need (unless you want insurance on the DeMeco contract situation) but remember back a couple of years when we passed on Patrick Willis because we already had Ryans? I think the two could easily have played together and imagine that combination! That alone makes me want the Texans to atleast stop and think hard if McClain is there staring them in the face

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.