1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do the Rockets need improvement via trade and if so ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMO (DJ remix), Jan 26, 2017.

?

Should Rockets make a trade that will help short term, but might impact our future

Poll closed Feb 10, 2017.
  1. Yes, let's do this, we can't waste prime years of Harden

78.3%
  2. Na bruh, let's try to get PG or some other star in offseason

8.7%
  3. Bruh, how many same topics about same thing we can discuss?

4.3%
  4. A clearly in disguise DMO topic

8.7%
  1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Loser Reporter: "Coach, you have the trade deadline coming up. Any thoughts you can share with us?"

D'Antoni: "Bromide. Cliché. Gross generality. Sugar free vanilla pudding."

Loser Reporter: "Thanks, Coach. And Daryl, same question?"

Morey: "Same answer, except with my double chin wagging."

Loser Reporter: "And thank you so much. We'll be asking this each week until the deadline."

D'Antoni and Morey in unison: "AND WE'LL BE READY!"

Funny how I'd never seen that. Thing is, WHICH Birds shall be freed? if we're talking Atlanta (Hawks), they're not helping things by winning (and we were a big part of that). Pelicans? Perhaps. Phoenix? Perhaps.

#81 ROXTXIA, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  2. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Here's how we add a great 3P shooter, veteran leader, and get rid of Corey Brewer. Plus the two contracts we take on expire after this year (Paul Pierce is retiring). We throw in a 1st rounder to NYK to get it done. Am I crazy? http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zprlhnk

3. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

yea but the knicks don't want jamal crawfords contract and the knicks want Austin rivers

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

1. No reason for the Knicks to do this.
    2. Clippers aren't going to help the Rockets.

5. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

You could also make a trade work with Rivers instead of Crawford. I'm sure the Knicks would be looking for picks from both LAC and a 3rd team. If we could get rid of Brewer for a JJ Redick type who can light it up from 3, even if we had to take on a salary dump and give up a pick I'd have to do it if I'm Morey. He needs to facilitate Melo to LAC and get us another scorer.

6. JoeyTexas254

JoeyTexas254 Member

Lets be honest our team is way better than last years team and the chemistry is great but can this roster really compete for a championship?? We need at least another superstar that won't take the ball away from Harden to much.

Rox11 likes this.
  7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i'd like to see the team add more depth to the bench

8. JoeyTexas254

JoeyTexas254 Member

Do you think our starters can compete with the warriors in a 7 game series?

9. threepointshot3

No, but the reality is no other TEAM can either.

10. JoeyTexas254

JoeyTexas254 Member

Yeah that's true they have 4 players that can dominate at any moment, we only have harden. We need at least 2 more dominate players to compete, we
    Very true :(

Maybe if we get Cousins and Jimmy Butler? "only dreaming here" :rolleyes:

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I just don't think we can make a move to significantly improve the roster for this year . Any upgrade in talent will likely cost us in fit. The best thing we could do is try and play for underachieving high draft picks like Hezonjia and hope he breaks out in our system and our vets.

The thing we could do to improve internally is to play our "depth" a bit more to give our guys rest . Ariza , Gordon, bev, James are all so important to our team and we could stand to give them some more R and R.

Check out my trade in the random trade thread for my best case trade scenario

JoeyTexas254 likes this.
  12. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

13. Chamillionaire

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just sign Gabe York already. Let Splash rest. York will be Splash-lite. And Ariza or Harden should not be playing 36-40 plus minutes a game.

Need another 3-D wing. JaKarr Sampson, Jamaal Franklin, etc. Sign one of these guys for 10 mpg because when Brew is outplaying Dekker, that rotation is broken.

And then throw every single garbage asset, including a first and 2nd, in trade for Nerlens Noel. When Trevor Ariza is leading in blocked shots in the 2nd half of the season, an upgrade has to be made.

#94 D-rock, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    JamalP. likes this.
  15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

yes because we can light up anyone on the floor as long as Harden is out there

D-rock and Tha_Dude like this.
  16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Need a big that can help us even out a bit in the talent dept, who has shown a propensity to excel in the playoffs.

Can't remember his name.. humn... rhymes with Chewbacca...

17. threepointshot3

It is increasingly looking likely that we will play the Memphis Grizzlies(finishing 6th) in the first round which has that mammoth frontline hence the need to add size and defense upfront is vital. Noel or Serge are obvious targets.

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It's hillarious, I think people are going to be pissed when we don't land Ibaka despite having nothing of value to trade .

Ps. Brewer is not a valuable asset .
    Ps. Our mid-high 20's draft pick is not a valuable asset.

19. threepointshot3

20. threepointshot3

Trez is a very good trade prospect. We can allways find a third partner in a potential deal;. Noel is a more real prospect and a deal say Noel for Trez and filler is something the 6ers would consider