1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do Rednecks Integrate, Assimilate into American Society?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I always appreciate the hypocrisy of people who feel free to use a derogatory word to describe one subset of people but get offended if another is used word is used against their preferred group.

Yes, redneck is a derogatory term. Either use them all or dont use them at all.

1 person likes this.
  2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You could also become a carpenter.

Hell i'm pretty sure the guy who does our landscaping makes 70k a year.

3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Glad I sold ya on considering trades. It can be backbreaking work and starting out you're really only as good as your journeyman is capable of teaching. Some actually take the time to show you the ropes and are patient. Others just want you to go grab more conduit to get ready to bend and be your errand boy while they take care of business. Likewise for your foreman. All foreman from my experience are hard asses but they also put in just as much if not more work than the journeyman assigned to them and I respect leaders who show a strong work ethic and set the example of how you're supposed to operate while on the clock. And if you got a weak handshake or grip, using those channel locks all the time will fix that up real quick for ya.

It's usually the General Contractor of a whole project who I find to be the worst more often than not. They're supposed to be the guy that replace the port-a-potties every week so **** doesn't accumulate too much that you can't use it and some are good at keeping up with that. Others don't care as much and just want to be hard asses about deadlines while they do no labor to contribute or maintain a positive relationship with their construction workers like having sanitary bathroom conditions. That's generally the benefit of being on the engineering side of construction though. You make the blueprints and don't have to get your hands dirty and bark orders.

If you do actually get into construction, buy some good comfortable steel toe boots. Don't be afraid to shell out a few hundred for a good pair. They're worth it and probably your most important clothing attire when you show up for work.

Other trades besides Electrician definitely pay at that scale or better. Got a buddy who does kitchen renovations and makes about that much too. Runs his own small business. Some people have this misconception and look down on trades but they pay.

#43 London'sBurning, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  4. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I'm the only one in my family with a degree, much less a Master's. Many of them make more money than me* and I've spent my adult life all over the world working in IT and advertising as a consultant to support my music-making and book-writing habits. None of that matters to people who believe they are better than others simply because they were born into wealth, even if they are talentless JC dropouts. But again, that's class. Those same people look down at the master electrician you described that makes more money than they do.

*But not my mom. She's a Technical Director for a theater. She gets paid less than a teacher.

5. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Didn't you know it's alright to put white people on blast without repercussions?
    I personally don't get upset at name calling because banter is what's up.
    I do however take exception to openly calling for my race to disappear.
    Just a few examples.....
    [YOUTUBE]q90kmUbEv7c[/YOUTUBE]
    “We’ll keep bashing the dead White males, and the live ones, and the females too, until the social construct known as the White race is destroyed. Not deconstructed, but destroyed.”
    “The goal of abolishing the White race is on its face so desirable that some may find it hard to believe that it could incur any opposition other than from committed White supremacists.” -Noel Ignatiev (harvard "professor")
    http://harvardmagazine.com/2002/09/abolish-the-white-race.html

“And then finally I want to say that we need one idea, and we’re not thinking about a solution to the problem … And the one idea is, how we are going to exterminate White people because that in my estimation is the only conclusion I have come to. We have to exterminate white people off the face of the planet.”
    -Kamau Kambon, former professor of African-American Studies.
    https://www.carolinajournal.com/news-article/activist-exterminate-white-people/

“Let’s not forget what the origin of the problem is. There is no place in modern Europe for ethnically pure states. That’s a 19th century idea and we are trying to transition into the 21st century, and we are going to do it with multi-ethnic states.”
    -Wesley Clark, U.S. general, former NATO Supreme Commander, talking about the NATO bombing of Serbia, 1999.
    https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/1999/kosovo-and-far-right

1 person likes this.
  6. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Yeah, but the redneck lobby doesn't control Hollywood and the courts. so why bother.

If it assuages your feelings, you can use the term "indefensible economic assets" that "deserve to die".

Randian thought cuts both ways. As rednecks have probably figured out by now--especially those who have seen decades of boot-licking loyalty turn to the contempt America's upper/middle classes have always had for the poor.

Funny how the word is offensive--but what is happening to America's working poor isn't.

#46 Northside Storm, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  7. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

how did this Wesley Clark quote get into your white persecution complex? Multi-ethnic states = destruction of the white race? :confused::confused::confused:

suck up the banter, you PC snowflake, but leave Wesley Clark or Snipes out of this.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Jcee be living life like...
    [​IMG]

So scared and terrified of every one else. His race is losing the imaginary race war apparently and he's absolutely petrified of what that means.

Glad to have you back Jcee, I guess it gets boring in the circle jerk that is Stormfront. I'm sure you have lots of amusing posts for us today?

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Looks like the New Yorker still thinks racists only lived in the South.

True. But, they might if you support the primacy of the Federal government over the states.

It is or at least was. It was derogatory in the way gay was meant to be derogatory but was co-opted to be a badge of pride. Plenty of people proudly identify themselves as redneck. At this point, I don't think we can refer to the identity by any other name, just like we talk about the gay community as the gay community. If you refrain from saying redneck, what word would you use?

I don't take it so hard and I encourage my fellow white Americans to not take it so hard. We are, after all, still very powerful and not in any credible danger of being exterminated or even persecuted. So what if some dumb crank wants me dead -- they won't manage it. There have been other communities however in certain times in history that had significant cause to be concerned. And that's really the difference -- for those who want to marvel at the double-stand of how liberals are always trying to protect Muslims or illegal immigrants or trans or whatever white knight cause of the day is -- some communities are in realistic danger of persecution whereas the threats they might shoot back at the majority white cis hetero formerly-or-nominally-Protestant male population are completely empty and ineffectual. I won't abandon the principle of defending the rights of minority communities because they have some loud mouths who say dumb stuff about me because I'm strong enough in this society to ignore them and keep doing what I ought. I have to wonder about my fellow white cis hetero male nominally-Protestant brothers who feel so disempowered and disenfranchised that they can feel legitimately threatened by what a black supremacist or a feminazi or an extremist Imam might say.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's also funny that Jcee considers college professor's to be some authority over anything.

Newsflash...some college professors are crazy.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This guy, btw, does not want to kill any white people nor eliminate whiteness as a genomic expression. He's talking about destroying the white race as a social construct -- that is eliminating the privileges of being white. He's advocating, essentially, for color-blindness. But, he's a bit of grandstander attention-w**** so he's uses very provocative, controversial language to get a reaction out of people. Maybe he's the Donald Trump of Harvard University. He seems like a bit of a dick to me, but I'm pretty sure he does not want to actually exterminate you. That Kambon guy, though, probably does.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

All the white people should leave because they sure as hell didn't integrate with native american society and culture. White people and descendants, GTFO!!!