1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do not trade for Simmons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think the common sense thing to do when asked about a player under contract to another team would be to just say "no comment". lol.

D-rock likes this.
  2. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Disagree. A new team, especially one not expected to win, could reinvigorate his career. He's going to want to give the Sixers the finger by playing out of his mind. "You were wrong about me." It's not like we couldn't then trade away the new Simmons later down the road when his value is higher.

hongxingli and D-rock like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

If making the playoffs were all that mattered we can just trade Green for veteran help and really make the playoffs smh.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If simmons is willing to be a small ball drive and dish center it could work.

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

So you believe trading for ANY vet help will catapult THIS Rockets team into the playoffs?

Ridiculous.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Simmons is going to another team, writing on the wall.

And not necessarily the john WALL.

8. vince

vince Member

I got to hand it to Morey, the man can stir up interest we’re there was minimal.

Even heard the professional provocateur Stephen Smith say that Durant killed a Kirie Irving trade for Ben Simmons. I thought it was a joke, but the dude was serious.

Morey is the master of stirring to trouble… And that is why Houston fans were such huge fans of his.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

If we want to strictly talk about fit, it would be hard to imagine a better fit for Simmons than Houston.

Wood is the perfect center to play with him. A guy that doesn’t clog the lane, can space the floor and doesn’t initiate the offense.

Green can be a go to scorer, and KPJ can play more of a combo role when sharing with Simmons.

He also dramatically helps with those guys defensive shortcomings.

My problem with Simmons isn’t fit…it’s the player himself. Non-shooting ball handlers are near worthless in the playoffs. So he will be good enough to get us to the 1st round and no farther, which will only serve to undermine our draft position, as well as hinder further player development.

So despite what appears to be a good fit, I’m still against a Simmons trade. That said, at this point I completely trust Stone…so if he believes Simmons is the move, then I’m on board. And I don’t think “unloading” Walls contract is a factor in this at all. If we make a move for Simmons it’s because we believe in him…not because it was just a convenient way to get rid of Wall.

GotGame15, Y2JT, cbass and 5 others like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah I didnt say any veteran I said veteran help. Why we even lugging around rookies like Green or Sengun if all we wanna do is make the playoffs? Trade Sengun for Jarett Allen, KPJ for Malcom Brogdon and Green for Dario Saric the Rox are instantly a playoff team.

Thats why your post is irrelevant just making the playoffs is never the goal. Making the playoffs just makes the next draft selection worse, and on the year the Rox control their pick too which makes zero sense.

#310 roslolian, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

The only thing I agree with you is I trust Stone. Dude has made the right decisions among them:

1. Passing on Allen and Levert
    2. Choosing Nets package over Simmons (LMAO)
    3. Green over Mobley

Right now Stone even worked out an agreement with the tank commander to keep him from playing so I hope their goal is to be bad and tank aka not trade for Simmons.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

If john wall is willing not to be such a ballhog and only make a small increase in his 3pt% to 40% he would be a wonderful player to have

13. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

LAC IN: Wall

CLE IN: Kennard, Augustin, Bledsoe

HOU IN: Simmons, Ibaka, Love

PHI IN: Sexton, Gordon, House

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you made any sense you'd be a wonderful poster

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

This was a ridiculous post.

You are better than this.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah your post os the ridiculous one like we supposed to celebrate a playoff team lmao

Now, that's a playoff team :rolleyes:

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

42 vs. DPOY

18. NewAge

NewAge Member

1. Ja
    1. Jazz won
    2. Not impressed by anything I saw: opportunistic baskets, awkward jump hooks somehow going in, blowing by the lead-footed Jingles Joe, Bogi and the corpse of D. Favors…

luckyman76 likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Anybody who wants to make playoffs next year should be thrown in jail

GotGame15 likes this.