1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do NOT trade for Chris Bosh!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan11, Dec 23, 2009.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Bosh is an average defender, but not a bad one.

2. sergio

sergio Member

I need something exiting to happen now. This team is not a contender as is, or even with yoa back next season.

3. Yak

Yak Member

I can see Morey sitting in his office, twiddling his thumbs until he gets bored and decides to trade T-Mac and Landry for the hell of it.

Tracy + Carl + Brooks for Curry + Jeffries + Larry Hughes

Talk about a shake up!

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

Have you seen Gasol's defense on the Grizzlies? Or even KG the year before he was sent to Boston?

How do you expect Bosh to play defense when their entire system is devoid of playing it?

5. Yak

Yak Member

I don't recall the Grizzlies or the Timberwolves having historically bad defenses.

But you do bring up a good point. I might have been a bit too harsh to say that he is an awful defender, but he is obviously mediocre at best.

He just seems to lack defensive intensity. And true max-level players, especially big men, would find a way to anchor his defense and rally his teammates to a semi-respectable defense.

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You really need to read Bimathug's thread about our salary. Even if we don't trade McGrady and just let him expire, we will only have about 7 million dollars to sign a free agent with. To put that into perspective, the Pistons gave Charlie Villanueva about 8 million a year. There are only two ways we can possibly obtain Chris Bosh.

1.) via trade. Which, incidentally, need not necessarily include Landry. Bill Simmons proposed the following in his most recent article:

"A trade like Bosh, Reggie Evans and Marcus Banks to Houston for T-Mac, Luis Scola, a 2010 No. 1 pick and $3 million makes a little sense, but Colangelo would never do it. He'd be better off keeping Bosh and making believe he might stay."

2.) Chris Bosh signs with us for approximately 1/3rd of what Toronto can offer him. This won't happen, of course, but it is, hypothetically at least, possible.

TRADE FOR BOSH! And if we have to give up Landry, as much as I'd hate that, so be it.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Defensive efficiencies of following teams(I use efficiency because it adjust for pace).

Raptors last 3 years: 12th, 13th, 22nd
    Wolves the 3 years before KG was traded: 15th, 10th, 22nd
    Grizz post Battier pre Gasol trade: 28th and 30th(Pre-Battier trades Memphis defense were ranked 2nd and 5th, both of which were anchored inside by Gasol)

By your logic of the Raptors past defenses, Kevin Garnett is a bad to mediocre defender. And that the Celtics were stupid to try to get KG to anchor their defense. Because we all know that didn't work out at all... :rolleyes:

8. matthappy

matthappy Member

for the sake of upgrade ,I don't think our 4 is a necessary,our trios are pretty good both on offensive and defensive end,so bosh is a good chioce,but it is just not the right time for him to join us.

my suppose is that we could pick someone play C really strong instead of david andersen,this guy is too skinny for NBA.

9. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

I bet there are statistics out there that show Scolandry > Bosh. We're close to being a complete team. We just need health and a little bit more experience together.

10. Williamson

so you're saying that instead of upgrading our power forward position to an All-Star top 10 talent, we should look to upgrade the guy who will be our third string center next season? Okay. I'll pretend that makes sense.

You may be right. But first, you should dig them up. Second, nobody is proposing we trade Scolandry for Bosh. We're talking about trading Scolandry for either Bola or Bodry. Which, I'm pretty sure would would be better than Scolandry.

11. Yak

Yak Member

Forget about my "logic" and forget about your ignorance. You're trying to compare Bosh to KG on the defensive end? Give me a break.

Here's my honest take on Bosh:

Sure, he's a great player, but is he a championship caliber player? As others have mentioned, he's an excellent second option at best.

And yes, I understand that a Bosh/Yao/Landry or Scola frontcourt sounds scary, but do they mesh together well?

As much as I hate the phrase "empty stats", Bosh strikes me as the kind of player that provides such stats.

12. Williamson

Have you actually watched him play? Because that's kind of ridiculous. Shareef Abdur Rahim was an empty stats guy. Bosh is an elite player.

13. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Yea 2 players are out performing one player, what a suprise.

Barely out performing for that matter.

14. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

So true, Bosh is a 2nd option at best? Bosh is a first option guy, he may be average on defense (Mainly due to the number of wing penertrations he has to deal with) but he is an elite scorer in the league.

What is up with all the hate?

15. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

My tier for Power Powers at top of the 2010 free agency is:
    1. Amare
    2. Boozer
    3. Bosh

16. Yak

Yak Member

Even though I have been bashing Bosh in this thread, I still believe that he is ahead of Amare and Boozer by a large margin.

I don't like Bosh's defense, but even he is a much better defender than Amare.

And Boozer is scum. Plain and simple.

17. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I might give you Boozer, but I just dont think he is as good as Amare. Personally, I think if we can resign Scola, along with Landry, that we can get the most bang for the buck. More money to spend on other posistions. I would be happy keeping our pgs and pfs, and shake the rest a bit.

18. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

We don't need Bosh or Amare. Scola and Landry are excellent at the PF position for the Rockets. Signing Bosh or Amare wouldn't make the Rockets appreciably better. Focus instead on weaker areas.

19. allforone

allforone Member

sounded like we wanted to....

20. joesr

joesr Member

Roflmao, this is post of the thread, end discussion.

OP, get with the new, for real, if we resign no one we will barely be at 8mil free space. Not to mention why would anyone want to come to a team without Scola and role players Lowry. Not to mention if we resign Lowry, without dropping him a straight minimum resign is 4-5 mil I think. Sorry I dont know about that.

I swear. Clutch, please make a quiz based on Bima's thread for anyone to become a member status.....

OP ' Look at this chart we will suck but have enough!"

This thread deserves 50 of these :mad: