1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMV at Gessner

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GlenRice, May 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

If you are going to renew your license or even getting your driver license please avoid this DMV. You have to wait in line for so long maybe up to 5 hours as one of my friend did then the staff have no respect for you, they are very rude. One person didn't even let me talk as she kept interrupting me. I was so close to punch that b*tch in face. The place is also dirty.

Drive the extra mile and avoid this facility, I for one will no longer step in that place again.

2. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

All these places are F up! Slow, fat , lazy workers who dont give a shiet about the people in line ......

surpise nobody gone postal on 'em

3. homeboy1

homeboy1 Member

Uh..that's pretty much the service at all the DMVs

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Yes, this place sucks, but they all suck. The people that work at these places love dragging their ass and taking their time.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Good thing you didn't punch her, mister Rice, sir. I knew you to be a PURE SHOOTER from long range since back in the days at Michigan and with the Rockets, but I didn't think you were a good puncher. :eek: Anyway, I am so sorry we have these types of employees in Texas, sir. Good luck to you.

6. yo

yo Contributing Member

Why is that the culture at DMVs? Never quite understood. I always got the feeling they did their best to avoid issuing driver licenses at all costs. I myself know exactly what the OP is talking about as the Gessner location is the one I dealt with to get my license.

I recently needed to renew my license. I was eligible to do it online, but wanted to get a new photo. I actually debated a month before just deciding to do it online because I simply didn't want to deal with the DMV.

7. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

All the hassle for a new picture? Douchebag?

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Go to the one in Rosenberg. It's worth the drive.

9. yo

yo Contributing Member

If you read, I said I didn't do it. I don't know why that would make me a douchebag anyway.

I don't know if your conspiracy theory threads warrant you as a douchebag, but they suck and make you look not very intelligent, nonetheless. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

10. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

You had a horrible time at a DMV? That sucks. What is your opinion on airline food?

1 person likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Tell you what. . . . get a job there and work there for say 6 months
    and
    then call me about your attitude?

Customer Service is not easy . .well . . it is frustrating.

I can only imagine it there.
    "If you want service please get a number" - you give this speech every 10 minutes . . every day . . ..

5 minutes later someone comes up to you irate
    "I BEEN WAITING 2 HOURS AND I HAVE WATCH OTHER PEOPLE GET THERES BEFORE ME"
    "What's you number?"
    "NUMBER??? NO ONE SAID I NEEDED A NUMBER?"

Working with the public is not easy. . . .esp when they have expectations that you are to BOW DOWN to them . . .

Rocket River
    NO . . I don't work at the DMV *grin*

12. Luckyazn

Is any of these damn govt. places (drivers license, car titles ..ect)

they can take their SLOW ASS TIME because they dont care about customer

service ... what are u goin to do? NOT go back?

Companies have to provide good customer services because of competitors

but these fckers can do whatever and do shiet as slow as they want

because THEY KNOW YOU CANT DO SHIET! BUT WAIT .... so fck 'em.

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Well I'll second the Rosenberg location...although I made the mistake of going during Spring Break...every high schooler looking to get a license was there...first day I went it was a 5hr wait...second day I got there bout 30 minutes before it opened and still waited 2 hours...but the employees seemed relatively nice...and when I had to get out of line to get cash I was given an express pass to get back to the front of the line, which was cool.

What's not cool is not realizing until you've been standing there for over an hour that they only accept cash or money order..no cc....they could A) do a better job of promoting that policy both on the website and at the location or B) get with the time and accept cc as payment.

14. Luckyazn

why dont they accept cc anyway?

sound like some mom/pop shop so they dont have to report tax

15. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

The OP is not lying at all i got my licence there and everyone was rude and had bad attitudes... i had to be there hours before so i wouldnt have to be there all day

16. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

The job is probably not a lot of fun, but that is no excuse for providing poor service and treating people like crap. They aren't volunteers, they are getting paid money to do their job. They should do it politely and efficiently.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That location stole $20 from me a few years ago when i was 17. I paid the fee for the license and then she told me I had to take another eye exam. I asked why because it already said on my license that I needed glasses to drive. After arguing with her I went out to my car to get them. I came back and she asked me for more money. I told her I paid her and she denied it. She called a cop over and said there was a problem with me. huge ****ing b****.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

For the 1st 6 months. . they probably did.
    But - after getting cursed out 3 times an hour for things you have no control over.
    I think it gets a bit irritating

Polite and Efficient sounds good . . . but it is human nature
    people get beat up again and again . .they tend to get react and maybe get down on their job. After a decade of it . . .well you get the point.

Rocket River

19. Pocket Rockets

I have to agree with this.

Dealing with the general public is not easy. More often than not, you will encounter people who already have bad attitudes or complain about any little thing. Once you hear enough of this you typically reciprocate or just don't give a rats ass about people. You tend to assume that everyone is like that because you hear it so much.

Unfortunately, the majority may have no choice but to continue to work at these places.

disclosure: i have never worked at the DMV

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

That DMV is pretty slow although the key is to go on Tuesdays right after 1 PM... but no later than 2:30. It's worked for me a couple of times and a few people I know. The Rosenberg DMV doesn't have much traffic.... I would recommend anyone who's looking to go -- to go to that location.