1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO's agent "Rockets not doing enough to re sign him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Sep 14, 2016.

1. craguin

craguin Member

I'm not suggesting a sign-and-trade scenario. I'm suggesting structuring his 1st year salary for a trade after the 3-month period expires.

CBA FAQ #89:
    In lieu of the previous BYC rules for ordinary trades, teams are now prohibited from trading players for three months or until January 15 (whichever is later), instead of December 15, when the signing satisfies the BYC critieria

#601 craguin, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

How 'bout structured as a sign'nkeep'm. Two/16? Make the 2nd year guaranteeable with attainable incentives.

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'm surprised a mutual option isn't being discussed as an easy solution. The two sides must really be far apart in the money . If that's the case why not design a contract with a lot of incentives .

I don't know if there is a limit to the amount of money that can be earned with incentives , but if there is not it should be easy to pay Dmo baseline money and build it up to a number closer to his liking .

**** you can make the mutual option a player or team only option if certain incentives are met / not met . There is a way to design a contract so that it is both fair and creates upside for both parties.

Note ... I do not know if this type of flexibility in designing a contract is allowed, but it should be hahahaha

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The way he interacts with others and the world around him.

Oh Ok OAKDOGG, GOOD ONE BROHAMM... Go eat another steak cowgirl...

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So If there was a child rapist on the Rockets you wouldn't mind, as long as he gets along with teammates?

Interesting...

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, going a little far there. His range of prick and Bill Gates probably doesn't include "child rapist", I mean unless you know something we don't about Gates, hahah. I think BJ trying to use this speaks volumes about how bad the back is.

RudyTBag likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Bunch of hate in here for a player that might really help the team. I will chalk it down to being young, and not that wise.

DD

8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

If you need to resort to a complete logical extreme, you've probably lost the argument.

heypartner likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

According to Twitter, DMo is still in Canada, I'm starting to think that there won't be a resolution any time soon.

10. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

No, it's still about health to me. When you talk about skill, you are talking about 2014-15 DMo. Post-injury DMo did not really demonstrate those skills, which we should all agree on. I am very disturbed that the 2014-15 DMo is gone, so I disregard pre-injury DMo and all his skills back then until he re-proves himself. There should be no debate on the value of 2014-15 DMo. The difference of opinion is in our confidence that the 2014-15 DMo will return. If the guy won't bet on himself and take the QO, why are you so confident in him.

jim1961 likes this.
  11. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

My analytics telling me ,let him go and find someone else to play for 4.4 mil.If you Can't find- pay the guy.We need that body in training camp.Morey lost Jones, Beasley and now Dmo is off the hook.First game tonight.

12. oakdogg

This is the way I look at players on my team fwiw. Would I root for that guy if he was in the trenches with me? He might be a total ahole, but we have a shared objective.

13. oakdogg

Nice to get insights from his BFF over here

14. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

And BJ should shut up, because we just traded Beasley away, so PF will be not so jammed. I don't think Harrell is on a team to do impact next season . So if you don't like the offer ,should've sign that QO before it expired , Rockets did everything for Dmo, to let him prove they are wrong on him ,so sign, and let Dmo go to work .We will talk next year if Dmo is dum enough to have you as a agent.

15. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

You would think that playing for MDA would boost his value if he took the QO offer.

16. omgTHEpotential

It seems as though some of the posters are getting offended by DMo not accepting the lowball offer from Morey, and are taking this way way too personally. It's pretty funny and sad at the same time.

It's just business guys.

jump shooter and DaDakota like this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

10 min into this first preseason game .. Anderson sucks , we need DMO , pay him morey ;)

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Okay, basically, you don't think the 14-15 DMo will ever come back because of his injury, right? I guess the difference between you and me is that I discount his limited performance last season because I don't think he was ready to play well after long layoff. My assumption is that given a full health and enough time to get into game form, the 14-15 DMo could be back. The big question to me is the "full health" part, not the getting into game form part. If he can't get back to full health ever, then everything else is moot.

That's why I think this hold out sucks. IF he is healthy, he needs to get back to game shape ASAP. And we won't know if he's healthy unless he plays a good amount of game time.

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, come on.... it's about even with the people here who think he's going to be this HoF superstar. A lot of extremes. I wouldn't expect anything less from this forum though :)

I'd personally like him to get back on the court and hopefully be over the injury, you know before locking in some long term deal. But of course he needs to agree to that first. I'm surprised how this has played out and it is making it look like the injury is still a concern from both parties, but time will tell. I honestly don't feel confident just going off that one season from 2 years ago, but Anderson had major back issues and came back, so hopefully it'll work out for DMo in the long run. Certainly potential to be something special, I wouldn't think superstar imo but certainly a good reliable player (even starter if Anderson craps out) but that's only if he gets over/passed the injury. Back injuries are no joke.

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I think bj is busy with other cluster f of trouble his clients were in and honestly didn't focus on DMo at the proper time. Green/Rose aren't exactly having a great summer :)