1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO's agent "Rockets not doing enough to re sign him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Sep 14, 2016.

1. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

The fact his previous trade was rescinded over back issues must have had a chilling effect on other teams. He really didn't have that breakout game and didn't look like himself when he came back. He shot 24% from 3 in April, and down to just 12% in May. Even his mid range was waaay off late season. He did have that one good game 3 vs. the Warriors but only saw flashes of his former self.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Exactly what I said months ago. The Rockets are indifferent to Motiejunas. Also, BJ Armstrong isn't a very good agent. I have no idea why Donatas hired him.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If true, that's foolish. When Ryan Anderson inevitably gets hurt the Rockets have no starting caliber PF without DMo.

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not indifferent, smart.

5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Alternative headline: "Rockets: Motiejunas not doing enough to re-sign him."

6. rockets13champs

Funny how no teams want him

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

8. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Huh, did not know BJ Armstrong was DMo's agent.

Regardless, this is all on BJ. The Rockets made the qualifying offer, it's his job to find a better deal for his client so that the Rockets can either match or decline. Not the other way around.

#28 TMac'n, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Nothing against Dmo. He seems like a nice guy, and I hope he stays on the team.

I just want to say though that I wish I could get pissed off about only making $3 million next year.

10. underrated015

underrated015 Member

like Dmo but he didn't show much last year. Agree with the team.Think thats why we went and got Anderson and lets develop Harrell and our picks.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Typical Rockets Scumbaggery. If they don't want you they start circulating exagerating injury reports. Yao's foot, Tmac's back, Dwight's bone on bone knee, Momo's back problem.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Is this a typo?

Shouldn't it say that DMo may sign the QO, rather than "may not."

I ask, because there are two other glaring typos in the article. One about the QO being $3.4m, when it is $4.43m, and this one

Writer meant "rescinded" not "recorded."

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Is it possible they're talking to teams in Europe? Just spitballin', obviously it would be an insane move financially

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

That would be my read on the situation....

No offers, so you start b****in about the Rox lowball offer, so hopefully at least one or two teams think he can be got on the cheap... tryin to drum up at little interest...

15. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Dmo should get a new agent. Worry about proving your health and trust in the bounty of tomorrow. Trying to hit the lotto now instead of focusing on contributing on a real threat basketball team that needs and wants you is total young hubris bull****. You got Beard saying "We need you back MoMo!" Take the offer and play some f____ing basketball dude. Be the guy that gets rewarded after he proves it not that snake oil millennial sh__.

1 person likes this.
  16. ipa

ipa Member

http://www.inquisitr.com/3511673/nba-rumors-donatas-motiejunas-miffed-by-houston-rockets/

“He wants me to make an offer and I’m not negotiating against myself. Daryl (Morey, the Rockets general manager) and I are talking, but at this point there’s nothing to discuss. You know the value of a player. You know the value of a starting center in the NBA. There is no back-and-forth because of the rules. They’re using the rules to their advantage.”
    Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/3511673/nb...iffed-by-houston-rockets/#jvWEUsD2ryW6W7R0.99

17. heypartner

If that's what the sentence meant, then the Rockets still retain his NBA rights, per what happened with Josh Childress. When he returned from Europe, Atlanta traded his rights to the Suns.

So, if DMo does that, you could say it works out as a Euro-stash situation for Morey.

18. heypartner

That article cites the Houston Chronicle as the source. The OP article is from Calvin Watkins/ESPN Rockets reporter. Chron and Watkins probably got the quotes from BJ at the same time. The Inquisitor article adds some speculation about other teams, albeit seems to be written to make it sound like Morey is holding him hostage. There will probably be more recycling of these quotes for speculation purposes...expect thevirus to start a thread citing a questionable website in China soon about a basketballholic super-duper SnT in the works. :grin:

Yule-C

Here's more quotes from the Chronicle

<a href="http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-Donatas-Motiejunas-in-stalemate-over-9223647.php">Rockets, Donatas Motiejunas in stalemate over contract offer</a>

#38 heypartner, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bugger off, agent!

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]