1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO's agent "Rockets not doing enough to re sign him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Sep 14, 2016.

1. basketballholic

I really think Dekker has a great chance to "come out of nowhere" and become a key cog for this team at the 4. If he shoots well, the rest of the game is there. Dekker is the player on this current roster that I envision becoming MDA's Marion.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

marion could play D

3. rocketseagles07

I'm glad you said it before I did... He better shoot well beccause the rest of his game ISN'T there lol

4. basketballholic

Yes he could. One reason why I thunk Dekker could come out of nowhere and light it up. He can do D. And he can board, got a nose for the ball that can't be taught. I'm looking forward to seeing him D up and run the floor.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

agree with dekker being able to grab defensive rebs. not so much with him being able to D up. out on the perimeter he can't stay in front of his man, and in the paint he's too weak to body up.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Dekker - would love to like that guy but he is soooo slow laterally - I don't think he has NBA talent.

DD

7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Huh, we actually agree on this.

If Dekker can't guard 3's 1v1 already, there's no reason to believe he will ever be effective guarding outside the paint.

On the other hand, he could add some weight and bang in the post in a couple years. I don't see him having trouble defending the stretch 4, even with added weight. As long as they don't have too many dribble moves.

8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

9:26 and you're already drunk?

9. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!!

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Rockets not doing enough? Seems more like no other team is doing anything at all.

At some point Team Motiejūnas needs to realize that the market disagrees with their perceived self worth.

11. opticon

opticon Member

Bj fails to realize that the market wants Dmo to take the qualifying offer from Houston. Once they see he can hold up for a season then they will through the Big Bucks.

This is going to be Greg Munroe all over again.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yep.

DD

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

In other words all he's worth is the QO until he proves he's healthy

14. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

i think the argument that bj is making is the only bit of leverage he/dmo has, since it looks like theres no serious other offers - which is the loyalty play

"you tried to trade the man and now your low balling him? if you really want him long term youre not doing enough. otherwise, we'll take the qo and be gone when we can"

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

He'll be traded by the deadline then, assuming he has anything left. No way we give him a big contract and/or let him walk away for nothing.

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This /thread lock it up, haha, or it'll be 75 pgs of the same thing until the pre-season/season.

And on side note, what loyalty do the Rockets need to show?? the only reason QO was offered was because of "potential". BJ must be too preoccupied w/ his players that are ready to go to realize DMo's stock is way down. Maybe he forgot about the failed physical.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

DMo rocking the Harden look ... as much as a white guy can. Looks like the stylist cut his shirt by mistake, too.

Is it his answer to: We need you MoMo.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">How do you like my new ✂️?�� <a href="https://t.co/3KjrGDFoMn">pic.twitter.com/3KjrGDFoMn</a></p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/status/776560087636729856">September 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#197 heypartner, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Sign and trade him for Rudy Gay.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He'll have very little trade value if he signs the QO. That's the benefit players get from risking signing the QO. They I believe control where they can be traded to, and whomever they are traded to don't have any rights on them in free agency anyway, so they'd be unlikely to offer much of value in a trade anyway.

In DMo's case, unlikely someone like Greg Monroe, seems like he has no other choice anyway.

I can actually see this making some sense, lol. Except the Kings seem to have stockpiled on average at best bigs via the draft the last few years. Not sure they'd want another one, with an injury history, at $13 million a year...

20. rockets13champs

Was thinking thw same