1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMOlition belongs to the rotation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fxbillie, Dec 27, 2013.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

DMo was back to 4 poor minutes, no rhythm; pine for the rest of the nite. The guy will be good - - after traded to a TankTeam and becoming a regular game-in game-out rotation guy.

It won't be here, and it may not be real soon. But DMo will be good.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm expecting us to lose tomorrow nite, but after that our sched looks easy we will see how tough they are during this next month stretch. Rocks need to stop looking at the standings and take every team seriously, stop losing to teams they should handle easily.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He just tries too hard, especially on defense, he continually OVER commits, if he could slow it down on the challenges on the PnRs he would be so much more effective, but he needs Playing time to figure that out.

DD

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

He would contribute more if they would bother to try posting him up some.

5. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I agree, I understand him not getting many touches if he is playing with all of the starters but when his is out there with a bunch of bench players, I think you should feed him in the post more.

He didn't play well tonight but he only played 4 minutes. He needs real consistent minutes to get comfortable. Hopefully he will get some playing time tomorrow night against the Thunder.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I will admit that i did not see the part of the game where D-Mo played, but i did see on the highlight vid that he had a couple of good hustle sequences. He didn't play enough to really judge by tonight.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Wasn't impressed with what I saw tonight.

We have already dropped too many games due to the TT experiment, which is why DMo is on a short leash.

It'll be good to get Smith and hopefully Asik back.

8. Chris Jent MVP

Jones was stuck on the bench too, but he improved his game and EARNED playing time. When he got the opportunity, he contributed and remained consistent.

DMo had opportunities, and he sucks. There's nothing left to say.

9. bmd

bmd Member

What? None of that is true. Put me in my place? My very first interaction with you on this site is when you kept telling me Jones would be kicked off the team for stomping that homeless man.

I said the story will go away and nothing much will come of it and it is laughable to suggest he'd be kicked off the team. I can pull that thread up if you'd like?

And you were also the guy who said D-Mo added 40 pounds of muscle in a year... Lol. I can pull up that thread if you'd like.

Or how about the thread where you said the Rockets run the Read and React Offense by Rick Torbitt. Yeah... the Rockets totally got their offense from a series of DVD's they bought from Amazon. I can pull that thread if you'd like.

You have a history of not knowing what the hell you are talking about, and then telling everybody they are wrong when it's painfully obvious you are not correct.

You seem well-spoken and make long posts, so some people listen to the crap you say because you seem to put effort into your posts. I'd appreciate that too if you didn't act like an ass and lash out when people point out why some of the things you say are wrong. It's like a shiny sports car with a Prius engine, your posts.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is kinda true. At the same time though Cas and Garcia suck too, so why just single out Dmo.

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Maybe so, but it's on the defensive end of the court that is hurting DMo the most. When he tries to guard anyone away from the basket his man just blows right past him for easy baskets. He also doesn't have the strength to battle against larger players in the paint.

I think he could contribute on offense if he got more minutes, but most nights he would be too large of a liability on defense. I think DMo needs to keep working on adding muscle to his frame, so he can focus on playing in the low post. As soon as Smith or Asik get healthy I see absolutely no minutes for DMo.

12. Katsu

Katsu Member

He didnt get completely stomped by ZBo, which is quite an achievement !

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

ZBo is and undersized power forward, at 6' 9", that was playing in the low post. That was a situation where DMo could use his height to his advantage, and he was effective on defense. Unfortunately, most nights the Rockets aren't playing against teams that use undersized power forwards in the low post.

14. Normalus

Normalus Member

His defense away from the basket is bad just because he spend a lot of time in Europe where they are using zone-defense most of the time. Give him some time on it.

15. Chris Jent MVP

Well this is a DMo thread :p