1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMOlition belongs to the rotation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fxbillie, Dec 27, 2013.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Anybody else wonder if DMo is a better 3 point shooter than he shows in games? His shot looks nice, and he seems comfortable from that range. Why does he shoot it so atrociously in games? I wonder how he shoots in practice.

Also, does anybody else wonder whether he took his Boris Diaw diet too far? He looks like he gained quite a bit of fat with the bulk he added.

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Everything about D-Mo's three point shot is just fine. I believe it is just a comfort level thing.

D-Mo off season was working out 5 hours a day with his national team. He cannot be pushed around on the floor this season by anyone less then Hibbert (who could probably push around a fully loaded dump truck). It is almost all muscle, but he has really pale skin, and would I believe look totally cut if he applied body spray tanning.

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Hope so. I was just noticing around his face. Didn't see to have a real tight face, if you know what I mean. And I wondered if he was a little slower. But there are always trade-offs.

Man, I would love it if he could become consistent from three.

4. Normalus

Normalus Member

He has much better release than TJones, so I believe he has better 3pt%

5. bmd

bmd Member

LMAO... wtfffffff

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

great post

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Not after one game sir.

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Do you have anything other than an attitude when posting? You seem bereft of knowledge and understanding. Just saying.

9. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Casspi is getting murdered on both ends of floor in the paint. If Casspi isn't hitting his 3's he's horrible

10. bmd

bmd Member

[​IMG]

Yeah, he's totally ripped but you just can't tell because he doesn't spray tan...

11. bmd

bmd Member

Only with you because you constantly say ridiculous things.

12. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

McHale's problem is his ego. Watch his interviews. I can't remember if he ever stood up and took responsibility after a loss. I've never once heard him say that HE needs to do better. Though he has no trouble blaming the players. He is not the kind of guy who will admit he is wrong, he just doesn't have the humility for it. Instead, he has to double down on his mistakes.

How many losses and overtimes did it take before he decided to foul on the final shot?

It's something that has cost the team in the past and will continue to do so, because he is not a good enough coach that he can afford to be as egotistical as he is.

13. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I agree with both assessments; I think he's actually a good shooter but our sample size isn't small it's just different, if that makes sense. I think he needs a longer leash and let some room out so we can see if he's really a good 3pt shooter in all actuality. Good form, good confidence in shot just lacking much authority in his overall game. I'd be curious if we gave him the backup big spot for 20mpg consistently if he'd gather a rhythm and shoot 35% or so from deep.

As for the Boris Diaw diet, yes, he's put on a good amount of fat.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

He looks like he is in incredible shape for 7 feet and 265 pounds.
    [​IMG]

15. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Agreed.

Casspi & Garcia are 40mpg combined of worthless activities detrimental to the team. See if Garcia's shot's not there, he's just neutral. Even if Casspi's shot's on or off, he still plays point forward and takes dumb 1-foot running fadeaways at the elbow .

Get a real combo forward in there; a Wilson Chandler, a Gallinari, someone actually impactful perhaps for Asik. Or just in general, take 5 MPG off of Parson's minutes and up D-Mo/Asik's minutes from 10mpg to 25mpg and replace Casspi/Garcia with a real combo F worthy of 30mpg.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Dmo's biggest issue is he's playing to look a certain way rather than just playing. He plays to show his hands are up. Plays to show he got pushed. Plays to show he sees his man. He needs to relax and just play the play. He is too soft and gets pushed around fairly easily. Doesn't take contact well. Ends up on the floor or crouched over too much. I think he needs to continue to gain strength/weight. It may slow him down, but I think he'll be more succesful that way than trying to make him Nowitzki-esque. He needs to be able to establish and keep his position, so he can pull of his post moves. The 3 point shot will always be there for him, if needed.

Not saying I agree with him, but these pictures are from last season, so he should have more muscle on him this year.

#116 RV6, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

bmd despises me because I put him in his place a few months ago. He will disagree with me without any substance every time. No one comes out of 4 months of Euroleague competition with excess body fat. Period.

To me D-Mo looks every bit as big as Asik. Photos can be deceiving, but they are comparable. I do not believe strength is an issue now for D-Mo.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

welcome to the club :grin:

Dmo was getting pushed around nearly every time in the memphis game. If he's got the strength now, he's certainly not showing it. It may be he's just not being assertive because he's not relaxed and tries to play victim in the post, but either way, some more strength/mass couldn't hurt.

19. nobie

nobie Member

u sure about that? He pretty much pushed out Zbo out to 3pt line on his every post up in 4th q.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah, i am. I think you mean Zbo was getting chased out, not pushed out, to the three point line. The Rockets were helping Dmo out. Dmo had a couple good defenses, but that's not saying much, given how long he was in there. He struggled and he even said that's the hardest he's ever gone. Do you think that's the hardest Zbo has gone? Probably not. So, Dmo gave his best and still had trouble.