1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

DMO worst player in NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, Dec 26, 2013.

1. omgTHEpotential

Can someone GIF T-Jones' reaction to D-Mo's fastbreak dunk? That was priceless. #Scared4HisMinutes

2. eman

eman Contributing Member

The mere fact he survived Z-Bo's elbows says something about D-Mo: he's a GLADIATOR.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Awesome D , never thought if say that.

4. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

Good game by D-Mo but he still got manhandled by ZBo. ZBo is one of the roughest guards out there so I hope he can gain some confidence or more importantly, McHale can gain some confidence in him.

5. Katsu

Katsu Member

Would've been surprised if D-Mo DIDN'T get destroyed by ZBo. D-Mo might not be scared of wolves, but ZBo is a freaking bear

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Didn't catch the game how did he play? Zbo is a monster though. Not surprising he has like 60lbs on dmo

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Best way to describe it, oddly enough is disciplined

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Is it really that much weight difference wow

9. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Someone has a bad stretch and there is always one group of people ready to act as if they are the worst thing ever. Get over yourselves.

Great stuff DMO!

10. Jiramisu

Jiramisu Member

I donno, I was at the game and thought DMO did extremely well when he was on Zbo. He was also rebounding hard and making good defensive rotations.

When I first saw him go out there because Dwight was in foul trouble, my friend and I groaned that Zbo was going to go off, but were both really surprised at how DMO hung in there.

Mad props to a guy who has yet to impress me in the NBA.

11. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

He'll see more playing time. The ranks are getting too thin.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He looked overmatched but at least he had some battle fight and didn't run out of gas.

I don't think he's ever gonna be that good unless he somehow reinvents as an energy big

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Dmo should've been playing. I don't get why folks are so hard on him. Everyone makes mistakes out there. Dude is 22. He just needs some time. He really should be getting some minutes next to Dwight.

Mchale shouldn't force Casspi and Garcia. If they aren't got, try dmo. He's 7ft tall with some useable skills. Not like he'd be taking minutes from any beastly second unit guys.

14. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Z-bo flopped on 3 occasions to get DHo in fouled troubled. He was all hyped when he got howard w his 5 fouled. then things returned and Dmo got in his nerves. I been saying McHale needed to give Dmo some minutes. Like against big teams since we don't have Asik or greg. Like against the Mavs' Dirk. Im glad he played great tonight and he got a chance since Howard was in fouled troubled

15. willus

willus Member

Jones gave him a chest bump.. First one to cheer for him.

16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

When the camera panned back to Jones he was smiling and cheering. The look on his face was funny before the dunk, but it didn't mean anything. Fans read to much into facial expressions.

17. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

As have I and others. But McHale is the last one to see it. DMo played Dirk better than anyone else on the team yet never gets used. Even after Dirk destroyed everyone else. Casspi clearly plays backup 3 better than garcia. And Dmo is a better option at backup 4 than Casspi. Plus he is a better backup center than TJones.

Just those small tweaks in rotation would make a big difference. Also starting Lin over Beverly but I won't go over that in here.

2 people like this.
  18. Zergling

Zergling Member

19. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

You guys have to understand .... it took the Clippers 5 seasons to develop Deandre Jordan into a solid defensive Center. He came into the league as a raw 7 foot dunking machine who couldn't defend the paint to save his life.
    D-Mo has a much higher basketball IQ, and is much further in his development.

20. highlander3128

Dmo was getting dunked on by Zbo while reading this thread. Then he decided it was enough is enough and went on to cook a disk of crow for the OP.