1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMo Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Feb 11, 2014.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Parsons barely shot 50 percent from the charity stripe in his rookie season. Dmo has/had issues with the speed of the NBA game. As the game slows down for him, he will start shooting better.

2. omgTHEpotential

Just dug up some stats for DMo's FT shooting:

2008-09 season, Baltic League: 93-134 for 69.4%
    2009-10 season, Italian League: 74-102 for 72.5%
    2010-11 season, Italian League: 118-165 for 71.5%
    2011-12 season, Polish League: 82-123 for 66.7%

3. omgTHEpotential

Seems like 70% might be doable for him.

4. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

The only reason I opened this thread was because I thought i missed a trade with the misleading title.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bruce Bowen's career average:

3pt% .393
    ft% .575

6. omgTHEpotential

Man, DMo's been really solid for quite a long time now.

He's also upped his 3pt shooting from mere 17% to 25.5% in just a small stretch of games. He's getting more and more confident in his shot, plays hard on both ends, hustles. I think he's a bargain big to have for just $1.4M.

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I don't even pay attention to that 25% number. He got that from coming in cold and shooting 1 three in 3 minutes and then sitting again. Maybe get a DNP come back in for four minutes, shoot another three and miss.

Since he's got out of the doghouse he is shooting 37% and 45% this month. That's a truer gage of who he is as a 3 point shooter than the 17% or 25%.

I expect he'll average 33% or better here on out and that's good enough for a big like him. Houston we have our stretch 4.

8. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You're right. Dmo continues to look good, and with the consistent playing time it looks like he is improving.

9. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I was one of those who couldn't believe people continued to clamor for d-mo to get more minutes, now I am happy as Larry to be wrong. Very impressed

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Same thing happened to me. I thought appreciation threads were for when a player leaves?

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nowadays, you can do a person's eulogy before he is dead. :grin: I think this "appreciation" threads have evolved into giving props to players who are perceived to be under-appreciated. And DMo is (was) qualified.

Back to topic, I am also pleased with DMo's performance since he has been given solid minutes. Reminds me of Jones's time earlier this season. I think our PF position is similar to our PG position, in that you have two guys who are very different in style with different sets of strengths and weaknesses but are very close in terms of overall usefulness.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

DMo is getting solid on Defense too, finally playing to his height and keeping his hands up instead of reaching in, looking good DMo.

DD

13. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

Lol The first thing I thought when I saw this thread was nooooo DMO has finally starting to put it together on the court.

Glad he's still here.... for now anyways

1 person likes this.
  14. Nero

Nero Member

If he's still with this team next year, and he has an actual solid ROLE with the team, I think you will see a huge leap next season in his play. With him, it's a matter of confidence. He has the talent, and he is finally starting to show glimpses of how he can contribute. At this point, he is still a little bit snake-bit, especially around the basket, but the improvement is definitely there. I don't know if he can DO this, but one thing I would really like to see him work on in the off-season is his leaping. He just doesn't elevate, and maybe he can't, I don't know. But if he could just get.. UP THERE.. I think it would help his game tremendously.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

His lower body is still a bit weak, needs to build up that core strength.

DD

16. omgTHEpotential

Wow, you're limiting yourself to one post per year and you decide to use up your post for 2014 in DMo's thread. Goes to show just how good he's been playing lately

17. w00t

w00t Member

Dmo's agent "prognoses" Donatas will stay in Houston this year...

18. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

2 big free throws for DMO!!!!!!!

19. Convictedstupid

Thank you based DMo

20. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

dmo dmo dmo!