1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMo a no-show to today's physical

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Dec 6, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wow. What a dick

Seems he's using this contract as a means to change league rules on RFAs, or sumpin. So close to the New CBA Deadline too, right?

jump shooter, Remlap and Pen15clubber like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

BJ Armstrong is a really bad agent.

All you have to do is take a look at his clients and the contracts they have received compared to the market.

His one major client, Derrick Rose had his relationship with the Bulls ruined and his reputation in the game largely destroyed by Armstrong.

Armstrong is notoriously difficult to deal with and not successful in his power plays.

I really have to questions Motiejunas' intelligence hiring him.

FANfrom86toNow and Remlap like this.
  3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

What are rights? Lol

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What missing $6m?

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I think I might hate dmo. I don't hate Dwight. But I hate dmo and chandler parsons.

cdrive and LonghornFan like this.
  6. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Remember those days dealing with Dan Fegan?

Those days seems tolerable now with us dealing with dumbass BJ Armstrong.

His client had no leverage, yet held out for a contract that was worst than the one the Rockets offered DMo a week or so ago (give contract length). Now that they are paid, going to tell your client to no show? They can't even go back to the Nets!

And DMo is very dumb for listening to this and following orders. Fire his ass, DMo!

FANfrom86toNow and Pen15clubber like this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Also why would ou have him say that quote about matching if it wasn't true .

If Dmo when asked about the possibility of the rockets matching says ," yeah I really don't wanna go back to the rockets " do you think we are gonna match him !?

It not like we matched out of spite , I'm sure we had some indication that he was willing to give us his all .

What a couple of ****ing idiots.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

OMG....thank you for the laugh.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I doubt Morey thought that. Morey probably thought that D-Mo would be a pro and go to work once he got paid. At this point, I rather us hold him hostage for this crap instead of letting him go for nothing.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I guess in BJ's deluded fantasy scenario, the Rockets undo the match and let him go to Brooklyn(can they even do this now?) or let him go back to RFA status and some other team comes along with a similar contract and more playing time and the Rockets don't match.

The problem is the most likely scenario now is that the Rockets kick him back to RFA status and no other team in the league wants to deal with BJ and D-Mo's BS. Especially with D-Mo already have a dark cloud hovering over him with his back injury.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  11. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Dude is the absolute WORST poker player of all time.

Rockets' need of DMO is much more elastic than his need of getting A contract. I guess BJ and co thought the physical from Nets is more than enough to justify DMO's health status. But if I'm another team I sure will scruple to throw him a deal, given the added information this incident potentially hides/reveals, at least not as high a number as the Nets would give.

DMO is ruined by this guy.

FANfrom86toNow and Remlap like this.
  12. Remlap

Remlap Member

THEY COULDN'T HAVE SAID SOMETHING BEFORE WE MATCHED THE OFFER!!???

All he would have had to do is hint that Dmo may hold out and likely they would have let him walk.
    But Morey still holding the cards. NO PLAY, no PAY.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Wow, Dmo and his agent sound like total morons. I don't care if he plays for the Rockets or not but if I'm Morey, I either try and get something out of this or set it up so Dmo's season is ****ed.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

Has ever been a player who didn't show up after being matched? I know of refusing after getting traded but RFA..?

Anyway no clue what Morey did to him but the relationship is destroyed and DMO is acting unprofessional. A lot of players don't like the team they are playing with. They still go and show up for work everyday. If he wanted his freedom so much he should have taken his QO. He didn't so now he's acting like that.

snowconeman22 and craguin like this.
  15. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Good point

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Here's a very special and secret recipe for you and your boy toy you two can make together tonight as you both laugh about "getting over" while the rest of the league will now not want anything to do with your ignorant asses.

[​IMG]

18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Man, I wish Detroit didn't void that trade. He was almost their problem.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

They probably did, but Morey called their bluff. It wasn't a bluff. lol

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Agreed, I think D-Mo is just throwing away his NBA career at this point. $9 million is not chump change to anyone. Something tells me his back might not be right or that he is more than just out of shape, it's just too serious. Each and every move he's made throughout this process has told me this. This goes all the way back to when he first got injured. The amount of time it took him to return only to go back out again and again.

The Rockets taking 3 days to match is nothing. Of course they would assess the situation, see if D-Mo says anything publicly, and then weigh their options. The lack of communication tells me there might be some bad blood. Les and other members of the Rockets organization were saying how D-Mo is a talented 7-footer, like they wanted him to just forget the past and move forward.

Parsons was GIFTED free agency when the Rockets declined his 900k team option. Yes, he owed them something for that. Screw him. Never again should the Rockets gift any player anything. It's always BUSINESS when the players get paid, but not when the teams try to maintain flexibility. D-Mo is taking it personally.

#140 Brown Lost It, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016