1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMo a no-show to today's physical

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Dec 6, 2016.

1. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

In related news, DaDakota and Bballholic have gone missing.

kevtse, rgw20014life, vator and 8 others like this.
  2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Players have refused to report to their teams before. We got Steve Francis in a trade when he said he wouldn't play for Vancouver after they drafted him. I recall Derek Harper and Rony Seikaly both refusing to report to Utah when they were traded to the Jazz(which looked really dumb, BTW, when they proceeded to make it to the Finals).

RocketsTerps likes this.
  3. AXG

AXG Member

This ☝

4. Mr. Motiejunas

Dmo will go to CSKA Moscow.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  5. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

lol So he can't even sign with the Nets now either?

6. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I expected him to sulk, but I wasn't prepared to see him not show up. A sad situation for the Rockets, and this is something that Donates will regret.

8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

what if this was all a misunderstanding? he had to know there was a GREAT chance the Rockets would match with that offer sheet.

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

bballholic is DMo's secret agent, he's been busy

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No Nets for a year. And no one else will wanna deal with his BS after he does something like this. I don't know what the hell he's thinking.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

YULE C?!?!

BigMaloe and hakeem94 like this.
  12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

BJ doing a bang up job advising his client. Remember when someone said they knew what they were doing? LOL This only hurts DMo really bad for future contracts with teams and unlike Deandre Jordan, he's not good enough for teams to look past that.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I believe you now.

14. SuraGotMadHops

DMo would've had that Omer bench look going on and didnt want any part of it

[​IMG]

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...-Motiejunas-fails-to-show-up-for-10759626.php

A day after the Rockets matched an offer sheet to bring him back to the team, Donatas Motiejunas didn't show up for his physical Tuesday morning.

On Monday, the Rockets opted to match a four-year, $37 million offer from the Brooklyn Nets. If Motiejunas fails to report, the Rockets could return him to restricted free agent status, but he cannot sign another offer sheet with the Nets.

Motiejuna's agent B.J. Armstrong confirmed that Motiejunas skipped the physical.

"We have our rights," Armstrong said. "We're not going to show up. We'll see what happens. We'll see what the Rockets do. We have our rights."

Asked what Motiejunas hopes the Rockets choose, Armstrong said, "We'll see. We'll see what they do."

In February, the Rockets traded Motiejunas to the Detroit Pistons, but the Pistons ruled that Motiejunas did not pass his physical 11 months after back surgery and voided the trade.

In July, the Rockets gave Motiejunas a qualifying offer, making him a restricted free agent, but the impasse in contract negotiations led only to a stalemate, with the sides far apart.

Finally, when Motiejunas signed an offer sheet with the Nets on Friday, he accepted a deal the Rockets were willing to match, with enough protection in the contract should he suffer additional back issues.

Motiejunas said on Friday that he would have no issues with returning to the Rockets despite the long impasse in contract negotiations.

"Whichever team I go to, I'm going to give my heart to," Motiejunas said. "I'm going to put in the work and defend that team. I'm going to do my job."

16. bmd

bmd Member

What are the Rockets have in this situation? I don't want D-Mo on the team. Yet I don't want him to be able to just walk from pulling a stunt like this. What can the Rockets do?

DudeWah likes this.
  17. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

What a **** head

18. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, I'm not upset at all. I don't think we need to add somebody who is going to sulk and hurt our chemistry right now. My point is that an analytical/detached approach to contract negotiations, after we'd already tried to trade him once, has yielded a predictable result. It's crazy that Morey thought this would be water under the bridge as soon as they matched the offer sheet. Personally, I would've just let him go put up useless stats in Brooklyn.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

F*** him. Dock his pay as long as possible, shaving off from that guaranteed $5m.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Dmo is at a point of getting no guarantee contracts from any team and what he urgently needs is immediate performance in order for him to re-establish his value.

Its not about winning and how good the team will do, its about if he can get a next contract or without being cut in the next deadline.

The Net is indeed a better choice, like it or not.