1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

DMo a no-show to today's physical

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Dec 6, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is a conversation with Bobby Marks from TheVertical who has read the offer sheet

This tweet show him what Feigen said:

Response in three parts

Corrected wording at the end

In a nutshell, teams can honor the bonuses, but are only obligated to cover the "Principal Terms"

#601 heypartner, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Deuce, craguin, Easy and 2 others like this.
  2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

He should have said that in the first damn place.

Remlap likes this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He said RFA was dirty business! So turns out he was right all along! No doubt his pay per rumor subscription service price will increase after this.

justtxyank likes this.
  4. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Dumb... aint no one wanting to pay him more.. and who would want to sign him now? What a Drama Queen.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

D.Mo is also being disrespectful to their teammates and coaches who vouched for him these days/months at this point...i mean, you have all the rights to find the best deal possible, but you sign the contract and than this? Pretty pathetic. And also unexpected by him tbh...unless this is mostly on BJ, and in that case i hope D.Mo fires him and get to the court as soon as possible.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"It's about money. The alumni are over there jerking off. What did we get Ricki? A tractor. We bought another guy a house! Hell...I dunno what we got those kids. I'll tell you...the best team we had was last season. They gave me their hearts! They played to the best of their ability! But, it wasn't good enough. It wasn't good enough for you! It wasn't good enough for me! It wasn't good enough for ANYBODY! Two words I never thought I would say. I QUIT!"

Sorry...I had to break into the "Blue Chips" buying players coach speech at the end of the movie. It is about money, though.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

What are the chances of the Rockets honouring the bonuses if he hasn't turned up for the physical?
    Screwing himself over....

The bonuses are probably all things he is unlikely to hit here anyway - I would guess X amount of games started might be one of them? Good luck with that behind flyRy.

8. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Why am I not surprised by any of this? Now, new **** has come to light, man. It's almost as if BJ doesn't even care about the money. He's doing it for the lolz and Dmo wants to milk every last ounce of fame he has left by keeping himself in the news. Why? Because he KNOWS that once the contract is signed and he goes back to play for a team, he will be forgotten again, man.

Dmo kidnapped himself, man. Did that ever occur to anyone?

weakfromtoday likes this.
  9. YallMean

YallMean Member

That "bonus term" thingy is another evidence BJ is incompetent. I am sure there must be a way that could have made those terms look principal.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No it doesn't every action looks like he is trying to get as much $$$$ as possible.

DD

11. Surfguy

what are the chances he shows up tomorrow for the physical and this is basically a bluff?

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

hmmm interesting how this ALWAYS happens to players and their sentiments towards our FO right?

13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Wow Cyber validated less than 12 hours later

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

What a freedom fighter, huh. Just cut him. This makes us sound like the greedy capitalist exploiting his innocence.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tha_Dude likes this.
  16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

17. Surfguy

if morey backs down from this, then FIRE HIM!

HOLD THE LINE!!!

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

with the worst agent in the history of negotiating.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

then why is he currently under contract with only $5M guaranteed, whilst also being locked up at less than $8M per over 4yrs of his prime, when he could have just signed the qualifying offer several months ago (w/ a no-trade clause) and already been on his way to a contract paying at least twice that much next summer? the obvious reason is he knows there's a strong chance his back is not going to let him earn that contract

RocketWalta likes this.
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

/signs deal

"we want DMo to remain a free agent!"

Ladies and gentlemen...BJ Armstrong!

DonKnock, heypartner and pippendagimp like this.