1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

DMo a no-show to today's physical

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Why would any NBA team want to do business with BJ Armstrong after this?? I understand that he's trying to make a play to land bigger RFAs in the future, but he's burning some serious bridges in the process. And again, why would D-Mo play along as this guy's puppet?? He's costing him literally millions of dollars, and he's ok with it?? I guess I could understand why he would be upset with the Rockets for trading him initially, but from what he's been saying this ENTIRE time, he understands it's a business and that he has no hard feelings for whatever occured in the past. All of that was horseshit I guess.

heypartner likes this.
  2. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Not Morey, but DMo hinted at something like that, because Detroit backing out hurt his future value.

3. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

At this point I only want to know what options and maneuvers the rockets can utilize to ruin Dmo and BJs current careers.

I don't want Dmo, only revenge.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

The NBA family of GMs are taking notice of what a diva D-Mo has become. Aside from the Nets, if interest was minimal among the other clubs, now is zero.

If D-Mo is listening to his agent, he should fire him asap. A career is going down the toilet.

5. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I hope we tie him up and keep his ass from playing anywhere until we are tired of him. He has his rights, and so do the Rockets, and so do the fans. Right now, unless DMo kisses a lot of azz and fires BJ, I hope the Rockets ruin his career as an example of "how to play by the rules". Don't release him from the contract, let him go past March 1st and go back to RFA, where probably no other team offers another contract, and if they do, match it and still don't play him until his career is over.

6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Didn't realize the depths of idiocy this guy is willing to take it to until I heard him bash the Competition Committee "on behalf" of Draymond, despite Joe Lacob being on the committee:rolleyes:

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

in his own mind, BJ Armstrong be like

8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

I really don't think it's DMO, it's 8-14 against-the-Rockets-despite-playing-with-Jordan Armstrong.

9. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

Haha he was lucky enough to even sniff our roster for 2 whole months. He came out WELL ahead after that $250k+ buyout.

10. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Rockets weighing options? At this point, you got to make him restricted again and let him sit at home with no salary when he could be booking nine mil per year. He literally is walking away from what he wants (salary wise). Either he is not being honest in his desire for what he wishes to earn and his desire to play for any team, or BJ Armstrong is seriously messing up his career.

11. jae713

jae713 Member

On 790 now.

Watkins said a third team made a bigger offer after the fact.

shastarocket likes this.
  12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think maybe both of them have lost sight of who they are dealing with. Morey not only loves to play hard ball, but he is a genius at it.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Per Cyberx, Utah offering more money.

Snow Villiers and jae713 like this.
  15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I told you guys there was more to this.

- _holic.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Too bad he already signed one.

FANfrom86toNow and jump shooter like this.
  17. omgTHEpotential

Euroleague is not FIBA.

18. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I don't know the situation, but that's a serious b**** move by said team if they did that intentionally. Also, by D-Mo if he is doing all of this just to get more money. Way to ruin your rep.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  19. jae713

jae713 Member

Yea, BJ trying to force the Rox to pull the offer.

20. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

this is confusing, if they are not satisfied with the contract why they sign it with the Nets, and now Rockets matched they suddenly thinks it's a bad offer? OK, even if so, they probably should have called Morey and told him that they want to sit down and re negotiate the terms, do they feel that they are not getting enough? i am not even getting why they are not satisfied with the offer they signed themselves.

Any way, best case, both party sit down and talk, skipping physical and posting on twitter would solve nothing