1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMo a no-show to today's physical

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Dec 6, 2016.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Remember how I remarked that he broken even with his contract? That may no longer be the case now.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

LMFBO

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

My question is what are the timeline rules here?

They already matched - right? The 3 days were up, they matched. But is the match subject to passing a physical, and if so if he doesn't show up does that mean the offer is still on the table from the Nets? Sounds like obviously it is subject to the physical, and the NJ offer is off the table. At this point. Which is a bit weird - I mean say a player is matched, does show up for the physical, fails, but the original team passed him on their physical and is still willing to sign him...it that case player should still be able to sign that deal. Now just completely passing on the physical... not the same thing.

If Rockets are weighing their options, do they have to make a "formal" move and statement to the league office, or can they just do nothing? And what is the deadline for said formal move?

5. malakas

malakas Member

Yes there is. We can't afford to take this to the limits and maintain a complete harsh stance.
    What matters if no other team offers him contract? The NBPA will get involved, the reputation of the Rockets will get a hit. Especially during the CBA negotiations when even more publicity will be on this?
    A middle ground has to be found for the benefit of the team as well as the player.

6. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

I agree, Capela has made Dwight obsolete.

7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I dont want him anymore. Im tired of this. What a coward.

8. Gadd

Gadd Member

Still feels like the least plausible reason for all of this. Why would you even go for any contract then if you're not showing for the physical. All of this just makes no sense to me.

9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

It's BJ Armstrong. He's still mad about how the Omer Asik saga ended...

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Man the Rockets have dealt with a lot of primadonnas. Don't they understand they are just role players? I thought Harden made that clear.

First the great Asik
    Then Broke Knees Parsons
    And now D-Mo

Not to mention Barkley, Dragic, T-Mac. and Hakeem. I am sure I'm missing others.

Other teams go through this (Bosh, Wade, Bledsoe) but hey whatever. It's business and unless you're a healthy all-star in your prime then the Rockets are right to use their RFA to their advantage. They tried to play buddy-buddy with Parsons and he signs with our rival team. It's all good and business when the players exercise their rights, but not the other way around.

11. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You mean he was wrong, again??

How does this keep happening???

It's almost as if he doesn't really know anything.

Nah.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

It would make perfect sense if he just wants to play anywhere except for the Rockets. If so, its turned into a personal vendetta for him.

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Blacklist this guy from every playing in the NBA again. Then he and the Greek T-Mac can tell their grandkids how the NBA wasn't ready for them.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nice.

16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Can someone please explain to me how D-Mo benefits from this?? What's his incentive to no-show? What have they been negotiating for this entire time, if ultimately they were just going to renege on their end anyways?? Surely they knew that the Rockets would match any reasonable offer they got from another team??

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Just my speculation, but I do not believe this is donuts. I believe it is Armstrong. BJ at this point has to be known around the league as the worst agent out there. "We have our rights" three times. Really? You cost your client months of work, now you are working to cost him a year or more. I did not realize that the Rockets were supressing donuts. Free Donuts? Really? How about get a real agent and let donuts start playing ball.

19. Gadd

Gadd Member

I don't know, if this wasn't DMo, I'd say it's an option. Yet knowing him and how much he loves Houston it's just hard to believe that he could do something like this. I want to feel disappointed but I guess have to wait for this situation to resolve.

20. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

He's gonna show up last minute for a physical... heh