1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DJT Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by seemoreroyals, Jan 22, 2021.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

If trump used x dollars of us taxpayers money for his golfing, he could have at least spent the same amount for distributing PPE for everyone

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True. Just think of all the thousands of hours he spent rallying, golfing, watching Fox News, and tweeting instead of tackling things more important like saving lives.

vlaurelio likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If only grifters used the money that they stole from the people for the greater good...

vlaurelio likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lies are easier to spread than the truth. Its better to treat the truth as an ongoing story than accepting everything as face value.

People consume more info on avg in a day than what people read on newspapers in the late 1800s. Its become a tedious search for reading the fine print when it comes to certain issues. The whole voting “debacle “ sheds light on areas we took for granted, never fully understood, and still dont care to understand today.

If you really value that truth, as many fine people did, its not only reading accusations and rumors but also taking the time to understand the process and see how grounded the news looks with a deeper focus.

Some gun advocates here are passionate about gun rights and regulations. Their understanding of that realm can exceed a typical journalist depending on what particular gun issue is. I would rather defer to them on context even if i don’t agree with all of their positions.

So to answer your question, its on each of us to have a broader mindset, either comprehending complex subjects or recognizing we dont know it enough so that we can begin to accurately sift out who actually does.

We all rely on other people and things to make sense of the reality everyone is broadcasting. These sources of trust can weigh much more than what the media tells you. This is why FB became a prime news source because people used it as a Yelp for News.

You can broaden your sources to fill in gaps to see what they’re saying that others arent. I sometimes read conservative blogs from ex defense officials because their experience and knowledge is far more detailed than a columnists who slavishly obeys “anonymous sources”. I usually avoid posting those articles because i dont know enough of that field to confirm what’s essentially gossip. It’s just a piece of the process.

It’s all up to you in our post-Truth society. We’re all test rats in this crazy experiment...

#104 Invisible Fan, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think the difference is one is more extreme to than the other. I think the difference is one is outright lying where another is sensationalism.